Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 143 1231151101 ... LastLast

2016-17 Trade thread

With the excitement of the up coming season and a rather slow off-season I figured an early trade thread could stir up some ideas.

A couple scenarios I was playing with.

1. Probably more of ATL struggling out of the gate move that I could see happening

TO gets Millsap

MIL gets Ross and Patterson

ATL gets Henson-D.Wright and TO 1st or Clips 1st

2. If MU can look past Noel immaturity and wants a bit of future cap relief

TO gets Nerlens Noel

Phi gets T-Ross

3. Like in my first scenario if Orlando is stumbling out of the gate and the Ibaka/Bimbo combo isn't working out.

TO gets Ibaka

Orl gets T-Ross-D.Wright and a TO 1st or LAC 1st.

That's nowhere near enough for Millsap.

2016-17 Trade thread

Yeah probably another pick included to get it done. But I'm also thinking of that as a TD deal and he's going to opt out so it's possibly a half year.

It will be good having Biyombo in Ibaka's ear about how great Toronto is before he hits FA.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    It will be good having Biyombo in Ibaka's ear about how great Toronto is before he hits FA.
    or he totally dumps the place.

As much of a knucklehead as Cousins is, he is a legit 1st option that would make things a tonne easier of Lowry and DD. I would give up Jonas, 2-3 Firsts, Ross, and another prospect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    As much of a knucklehead as Cousins is, he is a legit 1st option that would make things a tonne easier of Lowry and DD. I would give up Jonas, 2-3 Firsts, Ross, and another prospect for him.
    + 1

Sure. I would too! Would probably have to be Powell. Jonas, Ross, Powell, + 2-3 firsts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think MU would see this more as an offseason move so he can fill out the roster around the trade. Never know though. Still time to make another move if it happened early in the season.

I feel bad for whomever gets shipped to SAC. Their careers are pretty much over.

Damn it would be a pipe dream to get Cousins and sign Bosh to the vet min. Hopefully he can recover enough to make a big impact again. A starting lineup of Lowry/DD/Carrol/Bosh/Cousins can play with anyone even GS, yeah I said it.

Cousins to Toronto would be a dream come true.

A big three of Boogie/Lowry/DeMar could potentially upset the Cavs in a year or two en route to the finals. His addition would at least bring us a Game 7.

Damn it would be a pipe dream to get Cousins and sign Bosh to the vet min. Hopefully he can recover enough to make a big 3 impact again. A starting lineup of Lowry/DD/Carrol/Bosh/Cousins can play with anyone even GS, yeah I said it.
    They'd need 3 balls and 2 salary caps for that roster.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    That's nowhere near enough for Millsap.
    Agree its not enough but he's also likely going to be a free agent after this season (can opt out) which could lower his value a bit. His option is for 21 mill which is significant enough that he might have to think about it, but with where he is in his career I think he will opt out to go for a long term deal (even if he doesn't end up getting a whole lot more per year)

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    They'd need 3 balls and 2 salary caps for that roster.
    And a gurney close by for when Bosh drops dead on the court.

Page 1 of 143 1231151101 ... LastLast