Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnycumlately View Post
    I see that with watt a ton but I feel mckinnley could be at the very least a bruce irvin type with the chance to be better and more complete as an outside LB.
    Maybe more complete in the sense that he should be stronger against the run, but watt tested significantly better in drills like the 3 come and 20 yard shuttle, which should translate to more fluid coverage mechanics. Takk was faster and stronger, but the 40 and bench were the only drills he outperformed watt.

But either way, I see both guys as raw pass rushers who win with athleticism and effort. So both probably have a place in the NFL as at least okay players. Look at a guy like Erik Walden, he's made a career out of that style and has hung around for quite awhile and made some good cash. To me, that's sort of the floor for both those guys. But the development into truly impact players will hinge on how well they both develop true rush moves. Because of as right now, both will get pushed upfield by most even decent tackles in my opinion.

And I think both takk and watt are guys who tend to have a fairly wide gap of opinion in draft circles. But takk in particular seems to have two camps. One thinks he's a great rusher in waiting and say he's a great athlete with good size and strength with a great motor. They can point to college production and his very god 40 as evidence. The other camp think he's pretty stiff and not a bendy athlete who can really turn the corner on the edge. Those guys can point to his poor agility numbers and point out that a lot of his production in college was simply from being a superior athlete. I tend to lean toward the 2nd camp on him but maybe I'm just influenced more by reading the detractor crowd on him more.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Maybe more complete in the sense that he should be stronger against the run, but watt tested significantly better in drills like the 3 come and 20 yard shuttle, which should translate to more fluid coverage mechanics. Takk was faster and stronger, but the 40 and bench were the only drills he outperformed watt.

But either way, I see both guys as raw pass rushers who win with athleticism and effort. So both probably have a place in the NFL as at least okay players. Look at a guy like Erik Walden, he's made a career out of that style and has hung around for quite awhile and made some good cash. To me, that's sort of the floor for both those guys. But the development into truly impact players will hinge on how well they both develop true rush moves. Because of as right now, both will get pushed upfield by most even decent tackles in my opinion.

And I think both takk and watt are guys who tend to have a fairly wide gap of opinion in draft circles. But takk in particular seems to have two camps. One thinks he's a great rusher in waiting and say he's a great athlete with good size and strength with a great motor. They can point to college production and his very god 40 as evidence. The other camp think he's pretty stiff and not a bendy athlete who can really turn the corner on the edge. Those guys can point to his poor agility numbers and point out that a lot of his production in college was simply from being a superior athlete. I tend to lean toward the 2nd camp on him but maybe I'm just influenced more by reading the detractor crowd on him more.
    Yea idk why but watt's tape just didn't do much for me, if he gets the jump on the tackle he's good but thats all he's got it seems. He's kind of bland, kind of vanilla, like mash potatoes without the gravy. Tak is like a predator to me on the tape. Now I only watched brief amounts of tape on the guys but thats my lil eye test. I could see watt developing with a great OLB coach tho. God knows he has some freakish athleticism. I won't complain if we take watt cause at the end of the day I trust TT.

I still like the idea of trading down best. Say we give our 1 to the Cleveland for 52 and 65.

My mock would look like this
    2(52) DL/Edge DeMarcus Walker He is just to good, I can't see how teams don't value him as a 1st round talent but this would be a steal and Dom would find a way to make him effective.
    2(61) CB Fabian Moreau TT has a UCLA thing and over I would be very happy with Moreau because of his athleticism.
    3(65) G Dan Feeney We took Spiggs from IU last year so Feeney would make sense.
    3(93) CB Teez Tabor This would be my risk pick, we don't need another slow corner but he really looked good in the games I watched and is plummeting on almost every draft board.
    4(116)(Trade up in the 4th, our 4th and 2nd 5th) RB D'Onta Foreman To be honest I have no idea how the RB class shakes out, there will be a really good back here, Foreman is a bit faster version of Lacy.
    5(172) OLB Hunter Dimick He had like 14 sacks last year and wasn't invited to the combine, talk about diamond in the rough.
    6(212)DL Collin Bevens Take a smaller school guy who can be on the practice squad and develop.
    7(247)RB De'Veon Smith Someone to compete with Michael for the 3rd RB spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I still like the idea of trading down best. Say we give our 1 to the Cleveland for 52 and 65.

My mock would look like this
    2(52) DL/Edge DeMarcus Walker He is just to good, I can't see how teams don't value him as a 1st round talent but this would be a steal and Dom would find a way to make him effective.
    2(61) CB Fabian Moreau TT has a UCLA thing and over I would be very happy with Moreau because of his athleticism.
    3(65) G Dan Feeney We took Spiggs from IU last year so Feeney would make sense.
    3(93) CB Teez Tabor This would be my risk pick, we don't need another slow corner but he really looked good in the games I watched and is plummeting on almost every draft board.
    4(116)(Trade up in the 4th, our 4th and 2nd 5th) RB D'Onta Foreman To be honest I have no idea how the RB class shakes out, there will be a really good back here, Foreman is a bit faster version of Lacy.
    5(172) OLB Hunter Dimick He had like 14 sacks last year and wasn't invited to the combine, talk about diamond in the rough.
    6(212)DL Collin Bevens Take a smaller school guy who can be on the practice squad and develop.
    7(247)RB De'Veon Smith Someone to compete with Michael for the 3rd RB spot.
    I was asking my FSU buddy about him not long ago, why there's no buzz. Thought it odd to. But I don't think he can stand up. Not enough bend, pretty huge for the spot.

I can't get behind Moreau still, I don't see anything on tape to get crazy for, especially the speed he timed.

Love the next 3 picks. Don't know enough about the last two. Smith looked goog to me live.

Feeney is obviously a smart pick. Not much to say.

Dimick looks to have real potential to me, didn't know he wasn't a combine guy, odd.

Teez isn't near as slow as he tested. We've talked about this a lot, obviously you need to use him right. His press skills blow for as physical as he can be at times. He needs to play off right now, but ya gotta teach him press skills and ya might have something. Probably too low on our board for how we want to play our CBs? That's my guess.

Feeney is a guy I like as well. Seems like a smart, tough kid which is sort of exactly what we seem to look for in linemen.

Not sure how I feel about teez. At that point, it's probably decent value but like norm said, he may not be a great fit for our defense. Maybe he's a guy who a cover 2 team will value.

I'm good with Forman was well. Not sure we need to trade up for a running back in this class, but I'm okay with it.

I don't dive deep enough into the later picks to really refute the rest. But also like norm, not huge on the first two. I'm more okay with Moreau but feel like he's a strang case. Was like a 3rd rounder, then had a great combine, then his tape sort of matched up with the hype and he started to rise. Like I said, I'm probably okay with it, but don't love it.

And walker is a no go for me. I think he's a tweener. In that spot, I'm assuming rivers or bowser are available, and id take those guys in a heartbeat over walker.

This mock as a whole hits a lot of our needs, but there's a lot of risk too. Feeney I think is pretty safe and foreman will at least be serviceable, but other than that, I could see walker, tabor and Moreau as being guys who are far from sure things.

Also, if we are trading up with Cleveland, I think I'd rather just take 33 and some later picks. I think this is a deep defensive draft, but the further we move down, the more of a chance that we end up with either a long term package style player or a project. I think there's a decent chance the pass rushers available in the top 40 picks can come in right away and be good pass rushers.

Feeney is a guy I like as well. Seems like a smart, tough kid which is sort of exactly what we seem to look for in linemen.

Not sure how I feel about teez. At that point, it's probably decent value but like norm said, he may not be a great fit for our defense. Maybe he's a guy who a cover 2 team will value.

I'm good with Forman was well. Not sure we need to trade up for a running back in this class, but I'm okay with it.

I don't dive deep enough into the later picks to really refute the rest. But also like norm, not huge on the first two. I'm more okay with Moreau but feel like he's a strang case. Was like a 3rd rounder, then had a great combine, then his tape sort of matched up with the hype and he started to rise. Like I said, I'm probably okay with it, but don't love it.

And walker is a no go for me. I think he's a tweener. In that spot, I'm assuming rivers or bowser are available, and id take those guys in a heartbeat over walker.

This mock as a whole hits a lot of our needs, but there's a lot of risk too. Feeney I think is pretty safe and foreman will at least be serviceable, but other than that, I could see walker, tabor and Moreau as being guys who are far from sure things.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Walker ended up inside in a 43 honestly...not immediately, but eventually.

Just so sold on Jordan Willis. Man...

If he can start to play like that timed speed with the hands and bend he already has. Oh my.

29: R1P29
    CB MARLON HUMPHREY
    ALABAMA
    61: R2P29
    EDGE JORDAN WILLIS
    KANSAS STATE
    93: R3P29
    C ETHAN POCIC
    LSU
    134: R4P27
    RB BRIAN HILL
    WYOMING
    172: R5P28
    EDGE JOE MATHIS
    WASHINGTON
    182: R5P38
    WR KENNY GOLLADAY
    NORTHERN ILLINOIS
    212: R6P28
    CB NATE HAIRSTON
    TEMPLE
    247: R7P29
    DL GROVER STEWART
    ALBANY STATE

Yes please.

Alabama corners scare me man. I look back and yeah Kareem Jackson has been good, but Cyrus Jones had his struggles in NE this year IIRC, Milliner was a huge bust, and I think Kirkpatrick overall has been OK, took him a while to figure things out. But...Humphrey is intriguing and I think he's a good fit, probably has the most potential out of all those guys. I'm also a big believer in Joe Whitt and his ability to coach guys up. Willis is worth it in R2, that kind of athleticism should pay dividends right away considering the state of most NFL o-lines these days. I think Pocic has a lot of tools to work with and the Pack develop OL really well. I'm on the D'Onta Foreman train for RB's because I want a power back to pair with Montgomery but Hill is solid. Idk much about the other 4 guys other than Mathis had some good games but has been injured.

Overall I'd be pretty excited if this was the result, mainly because the defense gains an absurd amount of speed and I wouldn't be worrying about Don Barclay starting at RG lol

Quote Originally Posted by SHUpackersfan View Post
    Alabama corners scare me man. I look back and yeah Kareem Jackson has been good, but Cyrus Jones had his struggles in NE this year IIRC, Milliner was a huge bust, and I think Kirkpatrick overall has been OK, took him a while to figure things out. But...Humphrey is intriguing and I think he's a good fit, probably has the most potential out of all those guys. I'm also a big believer in Joe Whitt and his ability to coach guys up. Willis is worth it in R2, that kind of athleticism should pay dividends right away considering the state of most NFL o-lines these days. I think Pocic has a lot of tools to work with and the Pack develop OL really well. I'm on the D'Onta Foreman train for RB's because I want a power back to pair with Montgomery but Hill is solid. Idk much about the other 4 guys other than Mathis had some good games but has been injured.

Overall I'd be pretty excited if this was the result, mainly because the defense gains an absurd amount of speed and I wouldn't be worrying about Don Barclay starting at RG lol
    Willis isn't just an athlete either. He doesn't show those numbers on tape. But oh my those hands. I love him.

I try not to by into the trends of positions of a team history. But I don't think Humphrey is a top half first guy anymore like I did.

I can't get behind Pocic. 6 6 college center is just weird. He'd play guard but if he's really a third round guy you can get better value imo. But it just fit there and nothing else was better it seemed.

Foreman would be cool too. His vision started to scare me though. But I loved him live. He's on my short list.

I really like Mathis obviously. No clue the extent of his injury

An NFL personnel man and a scout believe the Packers‘ No. 29 pick will be coveted among teams antsy to snag one a quarterback. “I think there’s going to be some action there at the end of the first round,” the scout said, via Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “With these quarterbacks, they need a five-year contract because they’re not ready. I think there will be a lot of movement coming up [into the first round]. With the depth of this draft at defensive end and safety and corner and tight end, I would be looking to trade down.” The personnel man added that the quarterbacks are going to “drive this draft.” With players like Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes expected to go before the Packers pick at 29, it’s conceivable talents like Davis Webb or DeShone Kizer could be coveted at the end of the round.
    profootballrumors.com

RIP Gene Wilder

I like trading down in theory but it'll suck with the current draft format. Lol

I'm assuming you're talking about as a fan. Cuz I've been worried about that since it started on Thursday night. Nothing worse than sitting through like 4 hours of coverage and potentially staying up later than usual just to find out we aren't even picking tonight.

I'm assuming you're talking about as a fan. Cuz I've been worried about that since it started on Thursday night. Nothing worse than sitting through like 4 hours of coverage and potentially staying up later than usual just to find out we aren't even picking tonight.
    Lol yeah exactly as a fan.

I usually drink my *** off all night and I don't want that let down.

I was working the year we traded back. There Jordy year. I was off shift but we were close to picking so I sat in the break room instead of driving home 30 minutes. And then we traded. I was pissed then lop. This would be worse.

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast