Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    https://youtu.be/4Ao0NpDO5_8

SOLD!
    Get Aaron Rodgers another weapon! We can go defense in round 2&3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowTimeSHAW View Post
    Just watched some Haason Reddick highlights. that dude is a beast
    Think this dude could be one of the best players in the whole draft If he falls into the 20's I wouldnt mind one bit trading up for him. I watched the Penn state vs temple game he almost won them that game I think had like 3 or 4 tfl that game

Is TJ Watt the next shane mcclelin or the real deal? Reason I ask is this year many other packer fans I know want the pack to take watt wholeheartedly. I remember the year the bears took mcclelin he was the sexy pick for the pack had he slipped.

Now I favor watt because I think he's obviously a bit risky but its worth the risk to get a quality pass rusher. Watt does have the physicality to be a force on the edge in this league imo. Also I should say its my intuition that watt doesn't make it to us similar to how mcclelin didn't.

I'm far from the expert on scouting those outside rusher guys, but here's my two cents on watt. I think he can be a good all around 3-4 olb. He has great athleticism so he should have the ability to drop into coverage better than a good chunk of the rest of the edge guys.

Watt has very good hands. If you watch him win, he wins with his hand a lot. He's able to get the OL hands off him and use his athleticism to turn the corner and get to the qb. He counters with a bull rush when the OT is expecting the speed moves. It's a typical white guy scouting report, but it does truly apply to watt. He plays with great energy and hustle. Some guys sort of give up when they get locked up. Watt doesn't he's going to keep fighting. He's also good at stunts, twists and delayed blitzes.

However, I don't think he's a great pure pass rusher. He's good with his hands, but he doesn't really have much for pass rush moves. He doesn't really use spins or rips or stuff like that. I think he's going to struggle against good tackles to consistently generate a pass rush without "designed plays" if that's what you want to call the stunts and blitzes. He's great if guys don't get their hands on him and square him up. If it's a RB or TE, they struggle to block him. If he gets the OT reaching and leaning, he's good. If the tackle squares him up and mirrors him, his only real move is to try to shed hands. Most good tackles in the pros will be able to handle that. So he's gonna need to figure out other ways to win.

I guess my summary of him is he's a great athlete who still learning the position. But I think he may be a jack of all trades, master of none type of guy. If you're having him play the role clay sort of plays at the moment where you drop him into coverage, let him roam around and blitz from anywhere, then he's a decent guy. If you're putting him on an edge and asking him to get after the qb every play, there's most likely going to be better options on the board when we pick.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseHead_4lif View Post
    Think this dude could be one of the best players in the whole draft If he falls into the 20's I wouldnt mind one bit trading up for him. I watched the Penn state vs temple game he almost won them that game I think had like 3 or 4 tfl that game
    I wanted to trade up to 19/20 area to draft him if he's still available, but it would take our 2018 1st to get up to there. I'm all in on Haason and would be thrilled if we made the move to get him. More than anything else we could do, this move would improve the defense the most.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I wanted to trade up to 19/20 area to draft him if he's still available, but it would take our 2018 1st to get up to there. I'm all in on Haason and would be thrilled if we made the move to get him. More than anything else we could do, this move would improve the defense the most.
    if he falls into early 20's maybe give up a 4 and a 2nd next year could get it done but I agree this dude is by far the best off the edge in my opinion WAY better than watt and I like watt not with our first though. I think he should be a top 10 player and Ive said this before you could do so mny different things with him and mathews

Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    https://youtu.be/4Ao0NpDO5_8

SOLD!
    Get Aaron Rodgers another weapon! We can go defense in round 2&3!!!
    Best pass catching guard available

saw a mock from some tweet on Bleacher report.

1. Takk Mckinley
    2. Desmond King
    3. Wayne Gallman
    4. Issac Asiata
    5. Zach Banner OL from USC
    5a. Ben Gedeon ILB from Michigan
    6. Jalen Myrick CB from Minnesota
    7. Treyvon Hester DT from Toledo

Pretty much fills all the holes we need. Takk is getting surgery but his stock hasn't dropped. He'll be the best pass rusher on the board here.
    King is a direct replacement to Hyde. If we trade up we can grab one of the highly rated corners, but at 58, they're gonna be all gone. It's a stacked CB draft but that doesn't mean the best ones will sit. And we grab Myrick later on, who is a 4.27 guy.

Fill the OL hole in a huge way. Love this mock mostly because of that. Asiata and Banner are beasts. And you gotta like the Gallman pick. Will be one of the best rbs on the board at 87.

Don't mind that mock draft... personally I'm not a big fan of Tak.

I agree that I could handle that mock. I wouldn't say I really love any of those guys, but I definitely don't hate them either. It's always hard to say how happy you'd be without knowing who else is available, but it's solid.

Good mock, I like several of those players. Not sure Asiata is available in round 4, so I might switch Asiata to round 3 and take Gallman or another RB in round 4. But still like this mock.

Ok I'm gonna do one more TJ Watt post cause obviously he's a bit of a polarizing prospect to the pack for many reasons. I recently watched his highlights and I agree with the people here who said he has limited moves. Now saying that he has a great congas of physical dimensions and athletic ability. So who's to say he can;t learn from the great coaches in the NFL, its obvious the guy works hard.

Also I hear people say he only had one good year but isn't that similar to nick perry coming out? I thought he just had one good year with like 11 sacks at usc. So that worked out well for us watt could too. Much will depend on how the board shapes up, I don't know much about watt's knees but if most feel he's ok there I think he could easily go before us. He's just a real sexy pick and sexy picks always get a lil overvalued it seems.

Also here's my bold prediction and a test of my psychic powers. I predict the packers pick up joe nixon in this draft!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycumlately View Post
    Ok I'm gonna do one more TJ Watt post cause obviously he's a bit of a polarizing prospect to the pack for many reasons. I recently watched his highlights and I agree with the people here who said he has limited moves. Now saying that he has a great congas of physical dimensions and athletic ability. So who's to say he can;t learn from the great coaches in the NFL, its obvious the guy works hard.

Also I hear people say he only had one good year but isn't that similar to nick perry coming out? I thought he just had one good year with like 11 sacks at usc. So that worked out well for us watt could too. Much will depend on how the board shapes up, I don't know much about watt's knees but if most feel he's ok there I think he could easily go before us. He's just a real sexy pick and sexy picks always get a lil overvalued it seems.
    I can't think of his damn name but me and a guy who posted here that I think got banned were talking about Perry when he was a Soph/RS freshman or something. I remember us being hyped on him some early.

Then he told everyone before the draft he wanted to play in a 4-3 and we were like oh nevermind then we drafted him lol

A couple things I keep hearing about Watt is injury concern and lack of experience at the position.

I think a lot of people are seeing the Watt name and thinking OMG he is the 2nd coming but, I remember a lot of guys in this forum were hyped about Casey Matthews just because he was Clay's brother and Casey isn't even in the league anymore.

Nothing against TJ I just think some of his hype is due to the fact of who his brother is

RIP Gene Wilder

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast