Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 807
  1. #766
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    lmao

    I tried auto correct for you and only got whoopi gun and who plugin

    I wonder who'd have the best autocorrect name, Gay Slur might be unbeatable
    Jason Pierre-Paul, a player with 3 fingers on one hand, is better than our entire defensive line, a player with 40 fingers on one hand. He has never had a bad game ever and almost makes as much as Stafford. We are going to give up 11 sacks to him next week.

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    Baseball and Football have much different cap rules, but I get what you're saying. I would have loved one of the CB's as well but they all got better deals. I really wanted Logan Ryan, now we have to settle for DJ Hayden. Ugh. We did get one of the top FA targets on the market though with Rick Wagner. It's a start. We got some depth guys too, that works. The Bills and Jags have been trying to win every free agency for like the last 5 years and they have not 1 playoff appearance to show for it.

    I hated Quinn's free agency last season, and then we got on the field and we over-achieved... or did we? Maybe that's what winning teams do- get cheap talent, build through the draft, and only spend heavy on your top FA targets. I can't remember the last time we brought in a top OL from FA... maybe Damien Woody? I'm not turning super fanboy here, but at the same time, I can appreciate that he is going out and making aggressive moves and each signing is incentive based anyway. If you don't perform, you don't get paid... that has to speak volumes to the players coming in here that this team is very serious on building a winner. Marshall is a cool guy, I don't think he has much left... AP would have been nice, but he's a 32 year old RB. How many RB's have stellar seasons at that age? Why not Latavius Murray? Why not trade Ameer Abdullah afterwards for a vet CB/LB? We are only in the 3rd day of FA... still time left and a few good players.
    Matthew Stafford threw for 687 times in a season, and that was too much, because he's a middling QB. Drew Brees threw for 724 times in a season, with worse stats, but htat's ok because he's elite. If you're an elite QB, you can throw it more times nad it's acceptable to make more mistakes as long as you're elite.

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    The worst is when you finally regain consciousness and you are no longer at the bar. You then have no idea if you paid your tab, did you tip, did you extremely over tip, and how the **** you got home.
    No team in the NFL has ever won a Super Bowl with a 25th ranked run game or worse and a 32nd defense against the run. Not the 2006 Indianapolis Colts- NO BODY.

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    That sent me down a rabbit hole of lions vids. Thanks

    Prater is funny af too.
    If we had the money to spare from Stafford's bloated contract that saved us money this year because he signed it, we would be able to spend money re-signing our prime talent rather than having to make a difficult decision by cutting 72 Overall OT Cornelious Lucas, our 9th offensive lineman.

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    challenge for det32: more calories per meal or overall views of this thread

    if he fails he has to go to school
    Name another ST unit in the league that made a more costly mistake than we did on Sunday and allowed the defense to hold and prevent the opposition from scoring a TD. Go ahead. I'll wait.

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    So I can't use THE championship team, as an example, when it is perfectly in context of the subject matter, because of how people are going to misinterpret my words? Did I say the Lions were going to the Super Bowl because of the moves Quinn made this year? I guess by that logic I can't really use any team as an example, even though the methods apply, because then it will just turn into "We are not the Steelers, Ravens, Seahawks, etc." even though it applies... so this brings me back to my question of... how are we supposed to win if we can't be expected to do what winners do? What pleases the crown today?
    The Browns are going to win a Superbowl before the Lions because the Browns are building the team the right way while losing the games the right way. We try to do our best and that's a horrible approach to anyhint.g

  7. #772
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    this

    got extra protein in my diet as the raise
    Kenny Golladay is a product of the system. In this system it's very easy to get stats and stats can make you say whatever they want.

  8. #773
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    We will regret drafting Reuban Foster.
    we did not draft him

  9. #774
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,204
    I blame whool

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    This team only has starting LB's by default. If any of our LB's get cut, you will never hear from them again, nor would any team pick them up because they know how bad they are. Anyone hear of Josh Bynes anymore?
    Amanda Bynes can't **** block better than Josh

  11. #776
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    The first thing I'd do if I were GM is trade my draft picks for someone else's draft picks. I don't get why this team doesn't get that. The top teams in the NFL do that every year. They even trade high draft picks for other players that failed on other teams and those players never fail ever again. We never do that though.
    couldn't agree more, even though I disagree

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    Kenny Golladay was a reach and will be a bust. The only reason why he did good in the game is because he tried to do good in the game. The great ones don't have to try to do good, they just do good. Look at all the other rookie WR's that played yesterday and the great games that they had.........
    NFL Draft experts didn't even have a scouting report on him

  13. #778
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    A real GM would know how to build this team the right way. We never had a real GM and we never will.
    does fake GM = fake news? are you on whool's side now?

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,204
    Corny Lucas could've easily been the next Antonio Gates, only larger

  15. #780
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    At the end of the third quarter, no team has ever been down as much to start the 4th quarter than the Detroit Lions have been since 2012.
    incorrect news

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •