Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Ill tell you this much. Whoever we hire we will all wanted him fired after 2 seasons.
    I already want him fired

Quinn knows what he's doing

even though i'm 2 years ahead of him, he said all the right things in that press conference

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Quinn knows what he's doing

even though i'm 2 years ahead of him, he said all the right things in that press conference
    Are you trying to break Kingwood's Told Ya So record? You've been on fire with those lately.
    Lions #1 draft need: New ownership

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Are you trying to break Kingwood's Told Ya So record? You've been on fire with those lately.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Failed ? Ya think ? 0-16 ? Seems to me the Browns should have tripped over a win. Pass on Shurmur.
    not saying he has a great record but he never went 0-16...he was the head coach back when Holmgren was a GM fired two years in after they got rid of Holmgren and a new gm came in.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

We may not know who our next HC is until after the SB. Any team thats still in it won't want a coach they are losing spending his time with the fake news media talking about his new team. They will want the focus on them. So I don't expect to hear THE GUY until after the SB . Unless of course THE GUY isn't currently in the playoffs.
    And like somebody else said. the next coach will be fired in two years anyway. The natives will get restless and they'll be looking for heads to row. This team needs some stability . Some direction. Can't keep changing systems and expect progress.
    Last edited by JackB; 01-04-2018 at 09:36 AM.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    We may not know who our next HC is until after the SB. Any team thats still in it won't want a coach they are losing spending his time with the fake news media talking about his new team. They will want the focus on them. So I don't expect to hear THE GUY until after the SB . Unless of course THE GUY isn't currently in the playoffs.
    And like somebody else said. the next coach will be fired in two years anyway. The natives will get restless and they'll be looking for heads to row. This team needs some stability . Some direction. Can't keep changing systems and expect progress.
    Its the Lions. They'll wait until everyone else hires coaches then pick from whatever's left.

I'm actually slightly intrigued by the thought of bringing in Vrabel. Didn't do a terrible job with the HOU defense considering their injuries.

What's the consensus here? Old coach with lots of experience or new coach with lots to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I'm actually slightly intrigued by the thought of bringing in Vrabel. Didn't do a terrible job with the HOU defense considering their injuries.

What's the consensus here? Old coach with lots of experience or new coach with lots to learn?
    HOU finished near the bottom of the league in defnese

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    HOU finished near the bottom of the league in defnese
    Yea in terms of points against they were last but I would like to think that their inability to create turnovers led to that, something the Lions somehow did exceptionally well at this year. Last year was another story.

HOU did allow less pass yds/game, rush yds/game, and seemed to be better on 3rd down defense than the Lions.

Look, I'm not saying they were great, cause they weren't. Simply saying that although finishing last in pts against/game, I think the defense without Watt and Mercilus did alright.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Yea in terms of points against they were last but I would like to think that their inability to create turnovers led to that, something the Lions somehow did exceptionally well at this year. Last year was another story.

HOU did allow less pass yds/game, rush yds/game, and seemed to be better on 3rd down defense than the Lions.

Look, I'm not saying they were great, cause they weren't. Simply saying that although finishing last in pts against/game, I think the defense without Watt and Mercilus did alright.
    And no offense. Don't forget about that. Having no offense really hurts the defense. I could be wrong, but i believe the defense did well when Watson was QB.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Would you be kind enough to post the odds? Bodog is blocked in my office.

Patricia was at +300 a couple days ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    And no offense. Don't forget about that. Having no offense really hurts the defense. I could be wrong, but i believe the defense did well when Watson was QB.
    Yea, offense definitely plays a role in that. However, their points against / game was only slightly lower in the 7 games Watson played when compared to their season number. Although 3 of those games were shootouts against the likes of SEA, KC, and NE.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast