Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Love The move, how big is his deal?
    1 year 10 million. He's a prime deadline trade candidate if he A) bounces back offensively and B) they are out of playoff contention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    1 year 10 million. He's a prime deadline trade candidate if he A) bounces back offensively and B) they are out of playoff contention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice bro, nice

When they are trying to get younger, why in the world are the Phillies rumored to be trading Hernandez?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

I think it has to do with his skill set. We're using him as a starter, but his lack of power really makes him a better fit for super utility work. In a way, he's like having Ken Giles. You want a good super utility guy like Hernandez when you already have a complete roster. Having him now is just a luxury.

That said, I don't buy the rumors. None of them have come out of anybody remotely related to the Phillies. I think an Angels beat writers started them by listing Hernandez as a target for LA. I'm sure the Phillies will listen to offers, and they'll pull the trigger on the right one. But I'm confident the plan is to keep Hernandez. Same goes for Herrera.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

It seems like this regime has always tried to gauge the trade interest of some of their potential over performing players. They have tried it with Giles, Velasquez, Herrera, and now Hernandez. I don't mind a team testing the waters and seeing if they can get what they feel is 1.20 cents on the dollar in the trade market for an expendable player. My doubt is they don't trade him but its certainly worth exploring.

Jeremy Hellickson accepted his QO, which is a little surprising. It is one less arm the Phillies need to get for the rotation though, which is nice.

Yea this is nice for the Phillies. Now if only they can convince him to throw more of his good changeup to left-handed hitters...
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Hellickson accepting the QO makes it a little easier for the club to justify signing one of the other QO free agents. Had they been getting a comp pick, the extra money from a 1st, comp, and second round pick would have been tempting. Now they can worry less about maximizing the 2017 draft, if they so choose.

Harrison was released as expected. If there's any indication he might come back, a minor league deal is possible. He's more likely to try his luck elsewhere.

I'm not sure what to feel about this off-season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

So far, so good. I'm a little sad the Braves are making their pivot since that's further clogged the market for innings eating starters. Phillies still need 1-2 more SP in addition to Hellickson, Nola, Eickhoff, Velazquez, and Morgan.

Hopefully the club gets a chance to be opportunistic about acquiring another hitter. There's a good chance, Neshek and Kendrick were it on the opportunism front.

I'm done with Morgan, he is nothing more than a pen arm, I rather see a rookie take his spot TBH.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Give him some more leash. He can be left-handed Josh Tomlin with just a few more adjustments.

Morgan is still young, give him time to adjust and figure things out. He should probably be your 6th or 7th starters coming out of Spring so like A-team said, they need 1-2 more pitchers on cheaper 1 year deals (or a Spring Training invite) and let everything work itself out.

I'd rather see the Phillies add one of their lesser known prospects subject to the Rule 5 draft to their 40 man roster than keep Cody Asche (the Phillies version of Nik Stauskas, has no business in the league). I'm guessing the Phillies see him as a cheap left handed bat off the bench who can play multiple positions but I don't see it.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast