Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Official 2016-2017 offseason thread.

DRAFT, PROSPECTS, TRADES, FREE AGENTS, post your thoughts here!!

Last post from our old thread:

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    I think so. Most of the chatter is usually just talk. Either there are a couple easily recognizable superstars like Bryce Harper or there aren't. The overall quality of the draft is usually pretty consistent regardless of what people are saying beforehand. It's just sometimes the scouts have an easier job agreeing on who is the best.
    Last edited by papirico52; 10-03-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Ugh, I hate the giants a bit more than the mets.

- I love Ray Lewis.

The mets are more fun to watch when healthy in all honesty... I hate the Dodgers more than every other team in this post season... I really want the cubs/Indians world series but if I had to have my perfect finish it would be a Giants/Dodgers NLCS with the Giants knocking out the dodgers for the Lawls just to see the anger on this site. I want the Indians to win the world series with the cubs being a close 2nd but the appeal of the dodgers getting eliminated by the Giants is fapping material

At this point as long as NY teams don't win I'm satisfied, just can't stand all my NY fan friends. Cubs/Indians would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Phillies trimmed 6 players you don't care about from the 40-man roster. The 40-man is now at 38 counting 60-day DL players and free agents. Obviously, Howard won't be back, but the rest could eventually return.

There are still plenty of weak links to trim including Jimmy Cordero, Michael Mariot, Darin Ruf, Matt Harrison, and Peter Bourjos. There are an additional 5 players I believe the organization could dump without much risk for regret. Overall, there's room to add as many as 17 new players. That includes replacing every free agent/team option player.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Hopefully an off season that turns the corner. Bullpen pretty good still with good young starting pitching. Need young bats to continue to develop.

Yup,I agree wirh most, I like the cubs or indians as Well.

The Phillies trimmed 6 players you don't care about from the 40-man roster. The 40-man is now at 38 counting 60-day DL players and free agents. Obviously, Howard won't be back, but the rest could eventually return.

There are still plenty of weak links to trim including Jimmy Cordero, Michael Mariot, Darin Ruf, Matt Harrison, and Peter Bourjos. There are an additional 5 players I believe the organization could dump without much risk for regret. Overall, there's room to add as many as 17 new players. That includes replacing every free agent/team option player.
    That's a lot, I wonder if they bring back Hellickson, he didn't like the phils intended to trade him really hard,he said he wanted to stay, but if he stays he will still be trade bait.

The Rays are probably looking to cut costs. Corey Dickerson might serve as a solid veteran addition for left field. He'll be owned between $3MM and $4MM.

Working out terms could prove challenging as the Rays will want a pre-arb player and the Phillies are keen to keep as many of those as possible. High ceiling prospect may be off the table for a guy like Dickerson. Perhaps Andrew Knapp would fit as the primary piece.
    Last edited by The A Team; 10-12-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

The Rays are probably looking to cut costs. Corey Dickerson might serve as a solid veteran addition for left field. He'll be owned between $3MM and $4MM.

Working out terms could prove challenging as the Rays will want a pre-arb player and the Phillies are keen to keep as many of those as possible. High ceiling prospect may be off the table for a guy like Dickerson. Perhaps Andrew Knapp would fit as the primary piece.
    Seems like the Rays have always been looking for catchers, no? I wouldn't mind losing Knapp at all in this case but I'm sure it'll cost a decent amount more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

On the subject of catchers, I expect the Phillies to re-sign A.J. Ellis unless he's dead set on returning to L.A. I have a feeling the club is looking at him as a management prospect. I don't think Mackanin will last long in the role after feuding with the team's best player for most of last season.

I'd be perfectly fine with bringing Ellis back. This team needs a veteran presence in the locker room to help these young kids grow and he could be one of them. It also lets the young catchers continue to grow in the minors and get as much work as possible. They could also deal one away but resigning Ellis shouldn't dictate what they are going to do with any of their catching prospects.

Ellis as a manager? never thought of him that way.
    Last edited by papirico52; 10-13-2016 at 02:56 PM.

- I love Ray Lewis.

Not too many exciting names on the free agent market. A lot of guys at the end of their careers that aren't worth investing more than one year.

I'd look to trade Knapp simply because I don't see much future for him. Prospect rankings still like him, but he doesn't appear to have enough bat or glove to be more than an Erik Kratz. That said, if I can see the problems, then major league clubs won't be fooled either.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast