Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2016 Offseason Discussion

Post any news, notes or anything you want to discuss about the Pirates offseason here.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

well i check here and i guess everyone has abandoned this room. i tell pirates fans about this room but no takers so far. i will still check in oh well laters

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    well i check here and i guess everyone has abandoned this room. i tell pirates fans about this room but no takers so far. i will still check in oh well laters
    I too am a bit surprised that no one has commented, got a lot of things going on with bucs. Kang DUI, Rumored Cutch trade, the signing of Nova to a very team friendly deal and the talk of possibly a trade for Jose Quintana.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
    I too am a bit surprised that no one has commented, got a lot of things going on with bucs. Kang DUI, Rumored Cutch trade, the signing of Nova to a very team friendly deal and the talk of possibly a trade for Jose Quintana.
    i am suprised they havent closed a deal for quintana yet the white sox must be wanting something the pirates dont want to part with

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    i am suprised they havent closed a deal for quintana yet the white sox must be wanting something the pirates dont want to part with
    I would love Quintana in the rotation. I have no problem building a package around Glasnow and Keller to aquire him. I bet the W.sox have asked for Meadows and/or Bell to be included in the deal. I would not trade either of them. Pirates have enough pieces to send Chicago. I am wondering if maybe the Sox could include another piece to go along with Quintana, since they are rebuilding. I wouldnt mind Todd Frazier in black and Gold, he was a pirate killer with the Reds. Brett Lawrie would be a nice fit, that is if j-hay is traded. not sure the w.sox bullpen situation is and they may not be interested in anything from the bucs pen. I do look for something to go down before pitchers and catchers report, it still could be for Quintana or someone else. now the mccutchen situation. here is what i am hoping, He totally does a 180 from last season, back to his MVP caliber, named to all star team and then they flip him at the deadline for a kings ransom. Hopefully Meadows is just raking down at Indy and they have no choice but to call him up in June (when super 2 status is passed) or July. Also i have faith that Ray Searage will do his magic and that Drew Hutchison will get his ERA down and become a good pitcher possibly 4th or 5th starter. Dont forget about Nick Kingham he will be ready the reports i have read is his control has not left him. i am looking forward to seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
    I would love Quintana in the rotation. I have no problem building a package around Glasnow and Keller to aquire him. I bet the W.sox have asked for Meadows and/or Bell to be included in the deal. I would not trade either of them. Pirates have enough pieces to send Chicago. I am wondering if maybe the Sox could include another piece to go along with Quintana, since they are rebuilding. I wouldnt mind Todd Frazier in black and Gold, he was a pirate killer with the Reds. Brett Lawrie would be a nice fit, that is if j-hay is traded. not sure the w.sox bullpen situation is and they may not be interested in anything from the bucs pen. I do look for something to go down before pitchers and catchers report, it still could be for Quintana or someone else. now the mccutchen situation. here is what i am hoping, He totally does a 180 from last season, back to his MVP caliber, named to all star team and then they flip him at the deadline for a kings ransom. Hopefully Meadows is just raking down at Indy and they have no choice but to call him up in June (when super 2 status is passed) or July. Also i have faith that Ray Searage will do his magic and that Drew Hutchison will get his ERA down and become a good pitcher possibly 4th or 5th starter. Dont forget about Nick Kingham he will be ready the reports i have read is his control has not left him. i am looking forward to seeing him.
    i could be wrong but i dont see them picking up quintana. guess the sox are asking for too much or a trade would have been done already.iguess they are rolling with what they got.

My apologies for my extended absence. Last season took a lot out of me and the lack of activity on here wasn't exactly enough of a pull to bring me back but as the season is nearing I'm getting that itch again. Let's get things started back up.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs