Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Braves will be interviewing Bud Black and Ron Washington. Snitker will get consideration.

Seems Braves like what they have at 3B and won't try and get someone else.

They also want to get 2 starters for sure, maybe three.

Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

From a practical standpoint, there is nothing wrong with snitker. He knows the players, seems like a good communicator, but unfortunately for him, he'd be a boring hire
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

I'm good with Snitker (honestly hope he gets it, think he deserves it), but I'm glad they are doing their due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Braves will be interviewing Bud Black and Ron Washington. Snitker will get consideration.
    Washington would be a very interesting hire, exteam positives and negatives.

And until he officially decided to stay in Japan the number one pitcher we should target is Shohei Otani! After that every FA pitcher is a disappointment.

Shohei will cost a fortune. Not sure if ATL would invest that in him or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Shohei will cost a fortune. Not sure if ATL would invest that in him or not.

Yes he will be expensive money wis! However he will also bring a following to the Braves that not many will, increasing ticket sales as well as merchandise. He also won't cost us draft picks in compensation or prospects in trade. So in the end I think it would be a wise investment.

Not saying it is a good/bad idea. Just that it will probably take a lot of $$ and I am not sure if ATL will put that big of an investment into an unproven player.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Not saying it is a good/bad idea. Just that it will probably take a lot of $$ and I am not sure if ATL will put that big of an investment into an unproven player.

I guess that would depend on how much faith they had in their scouting department. With the succeed of Yu and most scouts saying Shohei is better, it may not be perceived as the risk it was a couple of years ago in the unproven Japanesse players.

I've seen alot of talks he won't be posted.

And the fact he can rake at the plate too... (.322/.416/.588/1.004 with 22 HRs) he will be become the biggest paid from Japan easily. I don't see us every getting in that type of bidding war. Easy $200M with the posting fee.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    And until he officially decided to stay in Japan the number one pitcher we should target is Shohei Otani! After that every FA pitcher is a disappointment.
    I agree, that guy looks legit and like you say he only cost money. Not sure when he's going to be available though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I've seen alot of talks he won't be posted.

And the fact he can rake at the plate too... (.322/.416/.588/1.004 with 22 HRs) he will be become the biggest paid from Japan easily. I don't see us every getting in that type of bidding war. Easy $200M with the posting fee.
    Nope, with the new rules the highest bid is 20M. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...posting-system

Yea I know but Masahiro Tanaka netted $175M with the fee and that was a few years back and he was a few years older as well. 22 year old who scouts say can be an All-Star on the mound or in the box? Yea.. not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post

Braves

Good to see, with this I think the pen is done. Have plenty of arms have have 2-3 guys coming back from injures as well.
    Solid. We'll still probably end up flipping him somewhere to some team that thinks he'll be able to pitch for them (but we know that he can only, evidently, pitch for us )

Seriously, were any of you guys aware that this was Jim Johnson's best season as a pro? For real. 2.71 FIP- lowest of his career. 3.11 xFIP- 2nd lowest of his career. 1.3 WAR tied for highest of his career. 9.46 K/9..highest of his career.

Was our second most valuable pitcher, in terms of WAR, this season. Kudos to you Jim.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast