Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 151 of 153 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2291
  1. #2251
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    11,088
    Instead of trading anybody this year how about saving the kids and just sign Jake Arrieta to be our ace for next season?

    2018 rotation:
    Arrieta
    Tanaka
    Kaps
    Severino
    Adams
    Nick

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I definitely think he's a 2 and a quite good one.
    I also don't think anyone actually disagreed with him what the White Sox would want. I think people said that they would be willing to part with certain players.
    Hence I find him FOS regarding coming into this thread to have a discussion. Of all the topics to which he could have contributed, he returned when there were two posts by you and I, regarding what we would give up to get Q? Talk about waiting for low hanging fruit...

    I really hope Q stays with the White Sox. He can show us that we were wrong and that he is an Ace.
    I guess the question is, if he is an Ace and he's still only 27-28, why would the sox trade him. Isn't a young Ace exactly what a team wants to anchor their rotation?
    Absolutely on target. In fact I may have even said early in convo "he's going to be very expensive", questioned whether Yanks would be willing to pay the price. I'm not convinced he's a true ace.

    You would think he's a perfect fit in Chicago, still young (28), good numbers and a workhorse. Maybe they have doubts or simply value top shelf prospects to aid in the rebuild more? They did acquire Giolito, Kopech and Lopez in the Eaton and Sale deal.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  3. #2253
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,747
    Quintana's stock has to be rising after his WBC performance. Early in spring he pitched a no-hitter into sixth against the US.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  4. #2254
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,267
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Instead of trading anybody this year how about saving the kids and just sign Jake Arrieta to be our ace for next season?

    2018 rotation:
    Arrieta
    Tanaka
    Kaps
    Severino
    Adams
    I'll it. Maybe montgomery instead of Sevy so there's a lefty in there

    But maybe we won't even need him?




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,747
    Yankees make first spring cuts, re-assign 11 players to minor-league camp
    03/12/2017 4:59 PM ET
    By Lou DiPietro

    TAMPA - The New York Yankees announced their first round of Spring Training cuts for 2017 on Sunday, re-assigning 11 players to minor-league camp. Those players are:

    -LHPs Daniel Camarena, Joe Mantiply, James Reeves, Evan Rutckyj, and Justus Sheffield

    -RHPs J.P. Feyereisen, Brady Lail, and Nick Rumbelow

    -Catchers Kellin Deglan, Francisco Diaz, and Jorge Saez

    The moves leave the Yankees with an official total of 56 players in camp, a total that includes injured first baseman/outfielder Tyler Austin and the six currently away playing in the World Baseball Classic.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  6. #2256
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,267
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Quintana's stock has to be rising after his WBC performance. Early in spring he pitched a no-hitter into sixth against the US.
    Didi's stock is also rising. Torres is playing well. I really like your idea of moving Didi. Flip him for some high level prospects and then deal with the White sox.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Didi's stock is also rising. Torres is playing well. I really like your idea of moving Didi. Flip him for some high level prospects and then deal with the White sox.
    Didi is knocking the cover off the ball. Where is this power suddenly coming from?

    I think it would be a good move to trade Did, his performance thus far only improves his trade value. Strike while the iron is hot.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  8. #2258
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Didi is knocking the cover off the ball. Where is this power suddenly coming from?

    I think it would be a good move to trade Did, his performance thus far only improves his trade value. Strike while the iron is hot.
    put me down for sitting back to enjoy watching our young SS

    rather than some kid go through the same growing pains didi just went through

    who MIGHT be better in a couple of yrs

    I have zero interest in trading any of our ML players not named headly, gardner or ellsbury

    I know talking trades is part of what a BB board is but U guys are kinda depressing the way you want to trade

    everyone I want to root for for prospects aka kids who have done nothing

    last yr was a perfect storm time to move forward


    ok done with vent
    Last edited by pinstripezac; 03-13-2017 at 03:40 PM.

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    put me down for sitting back to enjoy watching our young SS

    rather than some kid go through the same growing pains didi just went through

    who MIGHT be better in a couple of yrs

    I have zero interest in trading any of our ML players not named headly, gardner or ellsbury

    I know talking trades is part of what a BB board is but U guys are kinda depressing the way you want to trade

    everyone I want to root for for prospects aka kids who have done nothing

    last yr was a perfect storm time to move forward


    ok done with vent
    I understand. I am NOT a trade everyone for prospects guy! We are SOOO deep at SS we could trade 75% and still have a glut! Even if they move off the position still no room for most!

    In all honesty I was never a Didi supporter, he's changed my mind. I didn't feel he was "the guy" to fill Jeter's shoes. I was wrong. Thus far he has exceeded expectations. That said, I believe Torres could be better, with a higher ceiling and the potential to be a perennial all star. I don't want Torres moved off the position.

    Didi's value may be at's it peak. His performance last year was stellar, his WBC performance thus far, as good. He broke out offensively last year, according to FanGraph's, setting career highs in all offensive categories. Didi's numbers will come back to earth in 2017. Didi's home run total is the most likely to regress. His 20 bombs was more than double his previous career high (9), which is a sizable jump even after accounting for the league-wide increase. He's 27 and will be getting more expensive as time passes. He's currently earning $5.1M on a 1 yr deal. I say strike while the irons hot, extract max value before it dips. Not today or tomorrow but sooner rather than later.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  10. #2260
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,267
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    put me down for sitting back to enjoy watching our young SS

    rather than some kid go through the same growing pains didi just went through

    who MIGHT be better in a couple of yrs

    I have zero interest in trading any of our ML players not named headly, gardner or ellsbury

    I know talking trades is part of what a BB board is but U guys are kinda depressing the way you want to trade

    everyone I want to root for for prospects aka kids who have done nothing

    last yr was a perfect storm time to move forward


    ok done with vent
    That was the nicest most civil vent I've read ever.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,201
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Instead of trading anybody this year how about saving the kids and just sign Jake Arrieta to be our ace for next season?

    2018 rotation:
    Arrieta
    Tanaka
    Kaps
    Severino
    Adams
    Arrieta has been in decline (and kind of steep). He isn't bad but I would rather roll the dice on Lance Lynn if he bounces back. That would give us a shot to save money when Kershaw/Harper/Manny are FAs.

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    11,088
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Arrieta has been in decline (and kind of steep). He isn't bad but I would rather roll the dice on Lance Lynn if he bounces back. That would give us a shot to save money when Kershaw/Harper/Manny are FAs.

    Steep decline????? What player doesn't have a steep decline coming off of their career years?

    At his age he would have less innings in his arm than what CC had when he signed with the Yankees. The Yankees could probably get him on a 5 year deal as well. He obviously learned on how to pitch and is very effective. And to say they want to save money for the big bats in FA? If the kids work out in the next 2 seasons the Yankees would not even need to waste a dime on Machado and or Harper....Pitching is the hardest thing to get via minor leagues. How many #1's or #2's has the Yankees produced since 2000 from the minors? I can't name one.....So open the checkbook and take a chance with a proven starter. Not all of the kids in the minors will make the rotation. Hell, Kaps could crap out and some other starter under the radar could steal the spotlight and be the actual one that makes the impact that Cashbox wants so he could throw money at needed holes in 2018 offseason.

    I'd rather have Judge, Frazier, Torres, Andujar, Bird, Sanchez, Mateo, Hicks, Fowler, in the starting lineup all together with of course platooning if needed instead of throwing $300 million or more at Machado or Harper....I think pitching is where they will need to spend or trade for to get an ACE....Or maybe Tanaka never gets cut and gest thru all 7 years without needing surgery and he stays as the ACE....But 2 aces is better than just one and it may take time for the young ones to develop into one...if you think about it back in the late 90's Pettitte was never really the ACE, that fell to the veterans of Cone, Well, El Duque and Clemens.....It took the pressure off of Pettitte having a seasonal staff around him.....But people all focus on the CORE 4+ Bernie as the real reasons why they won 4 out of 5....I give more credit to the pitching in some ways and that was an older pitching staff amd yes I know, it was during the steroid era.....

    So sign Arrieta and take a chance and see what happens...
    Nick

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    11,088
    CC has 8 years with the Indians and and 8 years with the Yankees.....

    All of his numbers in both 8 years are almost identical with the Yankees years slightly better.....

    He was worth every dime they spent IMO.....
    Nick

  14. #2264
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,267
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    CC has 8 years with the Indians and and 8 years with the Yankees.....

    All of his numbers in both 8 years are almost identical with the Yankees years slightly better.....

    He was worth every dime they spent IMO.....
    I agree. Dude had been a horse. He helped the Yankees get a WS. Even in his crap years the issue has been inconsistency and one or two bad pitches. He still had some really good games.
    If he has figured it out and can go the Colon route, I would actually consider bringing him back as a back of the rotation guy. Bookend three young pitchers with him and Tank. It would be a short, incentive laden deal but I would certainly consider it if he pitches how he did in the second half of last season.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  15. #2265
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree. Dude had been a horse. He helped the Yankees get a WS. Even in his crap years the issue has been inconsistency and one or two bad pitches. He still had some really good games.
    If he has figured it out and can go the Colon route, I would actually consider bringing him back as a back of the rotation guy. Bookend three young pitchers with him and Tank. It would be a short, incentive laden deal but I would certainly consider it if he pitches how he did in the second half of last season.

    I can see that happening

    I like CC this yr maybe even 15-10



    I think he's finally got it









Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •