Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    With KD out, I think they need some offense off the bench and this is when someone like Barbosa is missed. You look at this second unit and none of them are good scorers or are young and too inconsistent. Seems like no one wants to shoot the ball. Why not send a guy like Looney or McAdoo to the D-league in exchange for Jabari Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    With KD out, I think they need some offense off the bench and this is when someone like Barbosa is missed. You look at this second unit and none of them are good scorers or are young and too inconsistent. Seems like no one wants to shoot the ball. Why not send a guy like Looney or McAdoo to the D-league in exchange for Jabari Brown.
    They have no available roster spots. They would have to cut a current player to change the roster at this point. It bugs me that they have not been giving the young guys more PT to get their confidence up.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They have no available roster spots. They would have to cut a current player to change the roster at this point. It bugs me that they have not been giving the young guys more PT to get their confidence up.
    If that was the case, then I would just cut either Looney or McAdoo. With Green and West, they don't need two other power forwards, especially two that doesn't contribute much or at all. I'd much rather have a guy like Kevin Martin in the second unit. A veteran scorer that won't be shy about shooting the ball. He's 34 years old and should have fresh legs not having played this season.

If that was the case, then I would just cut either Looney or McAdoo. With Green and West, they don't need two other power forwards, especially two that doesn't contribute much or at all. I'd much rather have a guy like Kevin Martin in the second unit. A veteran scorer that won't be shy about shooting the ball. He's 34 years old and should have fresh legs not having played this season.
    Other than Green who has a shot at guarding a power forward? West doesn't have the foot speed anymore. Looney they hope still has a future (he used to be able to shoot) with the team and McAdoo is the most athletic big on the team not named McGee.

Martin can probably score, probably inefficiently, and do nearly nothing else. He shot below the Mendoza line from 3 and WAY under from 2. He's just not going to move the needle. Besides Ian Clark shoots better, turns the ball over less, assists as much, defends better, literally in every category Clark this year is better than Martin last year. What Clark doesn't do is take over ... but Martin doesn't have that anymore either.

There are no easy cuts.

The Warriors need Clark, McCaw, Looney, West, Livingston, even McAdoo to step up. They are so used to watching incredible offense they forget how to do it themselves. Even Green is struggling this year because of the big 3. I don't know how Kerr solves it but he needs to do it soon.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

Green finally stepped up. Im not worried, but im not sure if Looney is needed. I like him, he seems like a good guy, but we need another mid level kind of scorer to come in here. Maybe next year.

Other than Green who has a shot at guarding a power forward? West doesn't have the foot speed anymore. Looney they hope still has a future (he used to be able to shoot) with the team and McAdoo is the most athletic big on the team not named McGee.

Martin can probably score, probably inefficiently, and do nearly nothing else. He shot below the Mendoza line from 3 and WAY under from 2. He's just not going to move the needle. Besides Ian Clark shoots better, turns the ball over less, assists as much, defends better, literally in every category Clark this year is better than Martin last year. What Clark doesn't do is take over ... but Martin doesn't have that anymore either.

There are no easy cuts.

The Warriors need Clark, McCaw, Looney, West, Livingston, even McAdoo to step up. They are so used to watching incredible offense they forget how to do it themselves. Even Green is struggling this year because of the big 3. I don't know how Kerr solves it but he needs to do it soon.
    Since none of them has stepped up, why did they sent Jones back down then if he is what they needed like you said huh?

I don't have any problem if they cut Matt Barnes, Looney and West to open 3 more spots. One spot should've been for Jordan Farmer cause we need another ball handler who can run an offense if Livingston gets hurt again. This guy has 2 rings where he did contributed as oppose to being a mop up bench warmer. I also would have traded West for David Lee if possible during the trade deadline cause he is still one of the best high energy hustler guy to have on a roster which we don't get with West. Having Green and Iggy as those guy are good but we need another one. Forget about Martin, we don't need another shooter who doesn't do anything else cause shooting is not a problem on this team whether we are in a current slump or not.

Go Warriors!

Cubs are the world champions!

There are no easy cuts.

And if the fate of their season relies on any of those guys stepping up, then they have a big problem on their hands because they haven't stepped up at all. Clark did in one game when the starters out. He goes off for 36 points in 34 minutes just to come back the next game, play 12 minutes and lay a goose egg. I'm looking for consistency on that second unit. A guy you know thats going to come in and put up a few points night in and night out. Now, its just putting those guys out there, crossing your fingers and hope they contribute something positive. I'm pretty sure thats why Kerr is going with McCaw in the starting line up instead of Iguodala, who is more valuable off the bench than as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Since none of them has stepped up, why did they sent Jones back down then if he is what they needed like you said huh?

I don't have any problem if they cut Matt Barnes, Looney and West to open 3 more spots. One spot should've been for Jordan Farmer cause we need another ball handler who can run an offense if Livingston gets hurt again. This guy has 2 rings where he did contributed as oppose to being a mop up bench warmer. I also would have traded West for David Lee if possible during the trade deadline cause he is still one of the best high energy hustler guy to have on a roster which we don't get with West. Having Green and Iggy as those guy are good but we need another one. Forget about Martin, we don't need another shooter who doesn't do anything else cause shooting is not a problem on this team whether we are in a current slump or not.

Go Warriors!
    West is a tougher and more of an enforcer type. But I do like the idea of bringing back Lee. He can score and he would be great on our 2nd unit. There will be changes after this offseason no matter what happens

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post

Go Warriors!
    West is a tougher and more of an enforcer type. But I do like the idea of bringing back Lee. He can score and he would be great on our 2nd unit. There will be changes after this offseason no matter what happens
    Has West even showed his toughness as an enforcer for us when Steph or any other players was being push around? It's possible I had missed it but I have seen Lee had come to Steph's defense a number of times. That's what I want in a enforcer. Green can be one but he has a tendency to hit the wrong parts and get in trouble so it might be better if he's not the team's enforcer since he is so vital to the team play. An enforcer should be a player we don't mind being ejected

Cubs are the world champions!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910