Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    As we get closer to draft day, I haven't had one player that I have been sold on to Detroit in the 1st round. The popular pick seems to be Taco Charlton, much like the popular pick was Taylor Decker last year. It could even be Jordan Willis, of whom both the Lions and Dolphins seemingly love as a 1st round prospect. I think it's more of a smoke-screen on Detroit's part much like the Vernon Butler smoke-screens last year. I think there's a good chance we trade out of the pick. Haason Reddick should be gone by then, as should Reuben Foster, Derek Barnett and a lot of other guys left. I think we might trade out of the first round with a team looking to move back up, such as Cleveland, of whom may hope to land Corey Davis, John Ross or Mike Williams if they are still available. There's a good chance Corey Davis will still be around, the Browns have 12 picks in the draft and really like Davis. They met with him for 2 days. The Browns #33 overall pick, their 3rd and one of their 4th round picks should get the job done. With that we can build a more consistent draft.

Players I'm expecting to fall into the 2nd round:

CB Marlon Humphrey
    DE Taco Charlton
    CB Kevin King
    LB Zach Cunningham
    DE Takk McKinley
    DE Charles Harris
    QB Mitchell Trubisky (and possibly even Kizer and Watson still)

That's a lot of talent there, not even factoring in all the TE's that will be there, other EDGE guys that were already expected to go in the 2nd, LB Jarrad Davis that was already expected to be a 2nd rounder, a lot of promising WR's and a slew of RB's. The 2nd round is where we need to be.

The pick being traded has been making the most sense to me. There's guys at 21 that would be a good fit but there's like 5-10 of them at least and moving back seems like a plausible way to get one and get more assets at the same time. Of course since there's so much talent it could devalue trade options since everyone will be willing to wait for guys to fall but some will get desperate that need a specific position and hopefully pull the trigger. We need so much help, we can take the quantity approach.
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    The pick being traded has been making the most sense to me. There's guys at 21 that would be a good fit but there's like 5-10 of them at least and moving back seems like a plausible way to get one and get more assets at the same time. Of course since there's so much talent it could devalue trade options since everyone will be willing to wait for guys to fall but some will get desperate that need a specific position and hopefully pull the trigger. We need so much help, we can take the quantity approach.
    I don't know... I think I'm one of the few that doesn't see our team as having many immediate needs. LB, WR, pass-rushing DT, DE are the only 4 I can think of. When you factor in future needs though, that is when we get behind the 8-ball. Future needs include multiple DT's, multiple DE's, FS, back-up FS, back-up SS, TE, STILL multiple LB's, 2 or 3 CB's, RB's. Lots of RB's. It's a lot to address. Maybe we can build a team that can win the SB this coming season and then go on a string of 8-8 seasons lol.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920