Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    I saw on HF that some Oil fans were willing to accept Mike Green @ 50% and Vanek for RNH and other pieces. Just brought it up because i suggested we trade Bozak (@50%) for Shatty and then flip Shatty for RNH but enough of that idea.

How about we target JaysLeafs favourite defenseman stockpile in Nashville. They have Subban and Ellis there long-term, Ellis is really cheap too, so they likely have their top-4 RHD locked up for at least the next 3 years. What about Dante Fabbro? RHD, good both ways. His name has come up as a possible piece for a Duchene trade (NSH really wants him and needs a top-6 C) but Avs fans aren't very high on him.

Or we could target Ryan Ellis or PK Subban. The price would be astronomical even with Subban's down year. The real question is whether the Preds are confident enough to move one of them knowing they have Fabbro in the system. Recent history hasn't been kind to the Preds re: NCAA prospects. Vesey burned them pretty good. Unrelated, Radulov also burned them pretty good. So the Nashville mantra right now might be "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" when deciding what D to trade. Not to mention Subban and Ellis both play 25 minutes a game so it's going to be hard to replace one of those guys if you do make a trade.

I've suggested a Subban trade before, i think he would be perfect here (RHD, good with media) tbh but i wouldn't move the pieces necessary.

Bozak (50%) for Fabbro

I like it as a base, think you could push Polie for a little more, much like the Franson deal getting Leipsic and a 1st.

Bozak @50%
    Hunwick

For:

Fabbro
    1st round pick or Kevin Fiala

I'd do it for sure. Wouldn't even ask for the extra 1st or Fiala. Take Hunwick and it's plenty imo. I am a fan of Aberg though, if the Predators were to add something to Fabbro i wouldn't mind Aberg

Hunwick is actually a pretty good suggestion for them, Polak might be a bit better since he's a RHD. They have Irwin playing 17 minutes on their 3rd pairing. He's a LHD. Maybe Polak could bring down the minutes of their top-4. Nashville's 6th Dman plays 13 minutes a game. For comparison, even Corrado averaged 14 minutes a game here. All our defenseman play more than their #6s. Only Corrado played less that their #5.

Bozak (@50%), Polak
    for
    Fabbro, 1st (conditional)

Ellis used to live on my street growing up. Would love it if the Leafs brought him home.

Bozak alone won't get Fabbro. If we could retain 100% it isn't getting Fabbro. He's a heck of a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Bozak alone won't get Fabbro. If we could retain 100% it isn't getting Fabbro. He's a heck of a prospect.
    He's a solid D spec, not an elite one and he is still yet to play a professinal game. Established NHL players are always worth more than that, especially at the deadline. And especially one that wins faceoffs.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Who knows. Just throwing it out there. Bozak for $2.1 million next season will hold more value to a team like Nashville. So if we trade Bozak we should target that sort of team. Nashville, Arizona, Montreal are teams that jump out at me as potential Bozak landing spots with assets to burn

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    That would be a third year in a row for them. Can't really afford too with an aging core.
    Not to derail this thread much, but Boston is better off selling their older assets and rebuilding. Pasternak is one of the pieces worth keeping though. I do want them to be fleeced in a Polak trade nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Who knows. Just throwing it out there. Bozak for $2.1 million next season will hold more value to a team like Nashville. So if we trade Bozak we should target that sort of team. Nashville, Arizona, Montreal are teams that jump out at me as potential Bozak landing spots with assets to burn
    Montreal is getting really interesting, 18-18-7 since their 13-1-1 start. Whole team coming back down to earth at the same time, hopefully Bergevin panics before firing the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Not to derail this thread much, but Boston is better off selling their older assets and rebuilding. Pasternak is one of the pieces worth keeping though. I do want them to be fleeced in a Polak trade nevertheless.
    They should but they're too far deep with the Beleskey and Backes deals. Neely and ownership won't go that route in Boston.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

How much is almost $6M in cap space worth to the Kings?

Dustin Brown's contract is brutal. If they buy him out they're on the hook for 10 years, if they retain they still have almost $3M in dead space. If we offered them Horton's contract (LTIR money which has 2 fewer years) that they would have to pay out but gain $5.85M in space, what do you think they give up?

My plan. Offer up Horton's free money to the Kings in exchange for a 2017 1st and Adrian Kempe (really struggled this year). Keep Brown until the last two years and either do another cap dump, buy him out, or retain half.

Part 2. JvR to the Wild for Eriksson Ek and a 2017 1st Round pick. Brown takes JvR's spot with Bozak and Marner and see if you can play him up over the next year and a half.

You gain two big, skilled forward prospects, gain cap space (without LTIR), and two 1st round picks. Gives you a tonne of firepower to upgrade the back end in the summer.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

I think the Kings would love to move Brown. It's gonna cost them though and i don't think they want to move the necessary pieces (Kempe). I don't think they'd move Kempe and a 1st for getting rid of Brown and taking Horton. JVR+Horton for 1st+Kempe+Brown is a deal i think is more fair from their pov but doesn't really help us that much even though i like Kempe. I think they could move a guy like Gaborik easier

Kings made a deal today. Gilbert to the caps for future considerations. Extra roster spot (didn't need it) and 200k in cap space (full year prorated) so maybe they are nearing a deal. They only have Greene and Doughty as RHD options so i wonder if Polak is the target. +3 with one assist last night and played 19 minutes... so he had a nice game. That's the most minutes he played in his last 5 games, so either showcasing by Babs or giving him garbage minutes because of the blowout

^Lombardi was at the game last night wasnt he?

ya

Polak for a pick would be nice. Can't see him fetching a 2nd this year unless some GM is drunk. If we're looking really solid for the playoffs by March 1st I wonder if we'll do anything. Surely can't see anything big going down.

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast