Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

With almost 30 forwards going for 13-14 spots in camp, we could see another 5-for-1 type of trade from Lou to bring in a defenseman.

Really we only have 4 Forwards that definitely need protection in the expansion draft in JvR, Kadri, Bozak, Komarov, so we could choose the 8 skater, 1 goaltender option and add a few guys.

I would go hard at both Trouba AND Shattenkirk.

Sign both and go with:

Rielly-Shattenkirk
    Gardiner-Trouba
    Marincin/Polak/Zaitsev

Protect:
    JvR
    Bozak
    Komarov
    Kadri
    Rielly
    Shattenkirk
    Trouba
    Gardiner
    Andersen

Expose:
    Marincin
    Sparks
    Holland
    Martin
    Leivo
    Lupul
    etc..
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

In that above scenario you assume there's only 3 spots up front moving forward.

Komarov-Matthews-Nylander
    JvR-Bozak-Marner
    Hyman-Kadri-Open 1
    Soshnikov-Open 2 -Martin
    Open 3

Open 1 can be filled by 1 of: Brown,Johnson,Timashov, Kapanen, Leipsic. The other 4 are tradeable.

Open 2 can be filled by 1 of: Holland,Gauthier, Froese, Brooks, Smith, etc. The others are tradeable

Open 3 can be filled by Leivo, Lindberg, and anybody else you choose. The rest are tradeable.

I think Shattenkirk will be moved. Trouba as a UFA has no leverage. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bridge deal right after the World Cup. I'd love to add Shattenkirk as long as we agree to an extension. 5 or 6 year deal he'd only be 32/33.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I think Shattenkirk will be moved. Trouba as a UFA has no leverage. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bridge deal right after the World Cup. I'd love to add Shattenkirk as long as we agree to an extension. 5 or 6 year deal he'd only be 32/33.
    The only thing is that Trouba is stuck behind Byfuglien and Myers and a kid like that is wasted as the third RH shot on the roster. Winnipeg would be better off trading him for a lefty or a bunch of highly skilled forwards to balance out the team a bit.

As for Shattenkirk I would love the extension you mentioned but I think you're looking at 7 years if he's signing. You may be able to convince him that he'll get more by becoming a FA again earlier, but that'd be tough to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    The only thing is that Trouba is stuck behind Byfuglien and Myers and a kid like that is wasted as the third RH shot on the roster. Winnipeg would be better off trading him for a lefty or a bunch of highly skilled forwards to balance out the team a bit.

As for Shattenkirk I would love the extension you mentioned but I think you're looking at 7 years if he's signing. You may be able to convince him that he'll get more by becoming a FA again earlier, but that'd be tough to get done.
    I Get your point but since Trouba is more controllable I see a bridge with maybe Myers being moved down the road. I think Trouba's ceiling is higher.

I Get your point but since Trouba is more controllable I see a bridge with maybe Myers being moved down the road. I think Trouba's ceiling is higher.
    That's why I hope they go for it now and move Trouba lol

Myers is still the easy move with that contract but I can't think of a contender that really needs a right shot.

Trouba has more control but i think he also has more leverage and bargaining power. I like that Myers is cheap at $5 million. Plus he played in a bad situation in Buffalo so i think he'd be less likely than Trouba to chase money. I feel like Myers would take a few thousand off the cap hit if he was in a great situation.

I'd take either tbh but i think Trouba would cost a lot more which makes me think twice about trading for him.

Either way we need a relatively young top 4 right shot D. Dare I say it?... Tank for Timothy Liljegren? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Trouba has more control but i think he also has more leverage and bargaining power. I like that Myers is cheap at $5 million. Plus he played in a bad situation in Buffalo so i think he'd be less likely than Trouba to chase money. I feel like Myers would take a few thousand off the cap hit if he was in a great situation.

I'd take either tbh but i think Trouba would cost a lot more which makes me think twice about trading for him.
    As much as I love these 3 guys, I think we would have a great chance if we offered up Kapanen, Gauthier, Carrick as at least a part of the deal. Can probably afford to do it with all the guys we have up front and Trouba >>> Carrick obviously.

Either way we need a relatively young top 4 right shot D. Dare I say it?... Tank for Timothy Liljegren? Lol.
    lol If we just miss playoffs I hope we luck out and get top 3. Him or Callum Foote (son of Adam) would be great on the right side.

As much as I love these 3 guys, I think we would have a great chance if we offered up Kapanen, Gauthier, Carrick as at least a part of the deal. Can probably afford to do it with all the guys we have up front and Trouba >>> Carrick obviously.
    This package doesn't even come close to whiffing a Trouba swap.
    Will need to move one of JVR, Nylander or Marner to get Peg to trade Trouba.

Only player above I would consider moving is JVR.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like Kapanen, Dermott and Hyman for Dumba + Salary dump.....
    Dumba is that Right shot we need and I think is going to evolve into a very good 2way dman in the league.
    Last edited by Cooshman; 09-20-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooshman View Post
    This package doesn't even come close to whiffing a Trouba swap.
    Will need to move one of JVR, Nylander or Marner to get Peg to trade Trouba.

Only player above I would consider moving is JVR.
    Maybe if you LEARN HOW TO READ you wouldn't be such a dickweed.

Directly after the part you bolded it says: AS PART OF THE DEAL.

Kapanen is still a top prospect in the NHL at 20 years old, if he wasn't buried behind Marner and Nylander he would likely make this team. He would easily be in their top 3 forward prospects after Laine and Connor.

Carrick is a young, cheap, RH shot with some NHL experience and isn't afraid to lay the body. Still has plenty of room to grow and would be a great guy to slot behind the big two.

Again: AS A PART OF THE DEAL... it isn't a bad start.

AS A PART OF THE DEAL
    AS A PART OF THE DEAL
    AS A PART OF THE DEAL

Maybe the bart simpson method works for you.

Maybe if you LEARN HOW TO READ you wouldn't be such a dickweed.

Directly after the part you bolded it says: AS PART OF THE DEAL.

Kapanen is still a top prospect in the NHL at 20 years old, if he wasn't buried behind Marner and Nylander he would likely make this team. He would easily be in their top 3 forward prospects after Laine and Connor.

Carrick is a young, cheap, RH shot with some NHL experience and isn't afraid to lay the body. Still has plenty of room to grow and would be a great guy to slot behind the big two.

Again: AS A PART OF THE DEAL... it isn't a bad start.

AS A PART OF THE DEAL
    AS A PART OF THE DEAL
    AS A PART OF THE DEAL

Maybe the bart simpson method works for you.
    Any logic would suggest you listed the main parts of the trade and "as part of the deal" would be something less significant.
    Kapanen may be hard pressed to be listed in the top 50 NHL prospects.
    The main part of my post, which you completely ignored is that to get someone like Trouba, you are going to have to trade a Nylander, Marner or JVR. Peg is not taking surplus parts for Trouba.

Would be nice if you are going to offer trade scenarios that you at least be somewhat realistic....but after all this time, I don't expect that from you. NHL16 is not a good place to test your trade theories and than broadcast on here when successful.

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast