Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 871 to 882 of 882
  1. #871
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,852
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    A role player that gives you elite defense on a nightly basis.
    I always said, Dunn's best case scenario is Patrick Beverley. There are worse things, but again, that is if he reaches his full potential. Much better chance he continues to be an atrocious offensive player who can defend at an elite level.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  2. #872
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kaha View Post
    So glad Rubio is not on this team playing huge minutes. A great back-up. I love ricky, the guy has charisma and is a really awesome glue guy. However, his lack of shooting/ spacing on the floor has also been pissing off jazz fans. I hope Ricky can turn it around. I really do.

    Kris Dunn seemingly hates Thibs from interviews I have heard/ read. He is getting a chance. His shot is still awful and he is not getting to the line at all which as a slashing guard is interesting. Was compared to Wade coming out of college so that surprises me. His rebounding and assists are looking good number wise. Turnovers, lack of control on his handle, shooting and IQ will be his downfall. I see him as only ever a role player on a playoff team.

    Meanwhile, we have got Jimmy carrying us to the 4th seed.

    P.S. Lavine playing his first game on Saturday. I love Lavine and hope he lights it up!
    He will be the best player on the Bulls next season.

  3. #873
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I always said, Dunn's best case scenario is Patrick Beverley. There are worse things, but again, that is if he reaches his full potential. Much better chance he continues to be an atrocious offensive player who can defend at an elite level.
    Will be revisiting shortly lolololololololol.

  4. #874
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I always said, Dunn's best case scenario is Patrick Beverley. There are worse things, but again, that is if he reaches his full potential. Much better chance he continues to be an atrocious offensive player who can defend at an elite level.
    I find that comparison so lazy. Beverly is a 3D guy. Dunn is a great defensive player yes, but he is not a good three point shooter. Dunn is a far better shot creater/passer/playmaker. Dunn is far better at attacking the rim. Dunn is a better rebounder. His ceiling is definitely greater than Beverly.

    Per 100 possessions Dunn is averaging 23+/10+/8-. 96 ORtg (but 100 ORtg since Dec 1st). Ts% of 49.3%, 35.9ast%, 18.2tov%.

    Yes, those are both impressive and not so impressive. But to me, Dunn is nowhere near Patrick Beverly. He's similar to a young Jason Kidd (poor scoring rates but with great passing). Now, he's not that type of generational talent when it comes to court vision/passing. Still, I think he easily averages 16/7/4 playing starters minutes for a full season. He'll give you mediocre efficiency (overall, like Kidd) with plus defense.



  5. #875
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    6,905
    Man, I love Butler. I thought this season will be tough to follow without my two favorite players on the squad(Rubio and Lavine), but Butler has won me over. He is by far the second best player in Timberwolves history, even if he only stays here for a short while. He is a flipping stud, and his advanced stats don't do him enough justice.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  6. #876
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    I find that comparison so lazy. Beverly is a 3D guy. Dunn is a great defensive player yes, but he is not a good three point shooter. Dunn is a far better shot creater/passer/playmaker. Dunn is far better at attacking the rim. Dunn is a better rebounder. His ceiling is definitely greater than Beverly.

    Per 100 possessions Dunn is averaging 23+/10+/8-. 96 ORtg (but 100 ORtg since Dec 1st). Ts% of 49.3%, 35.9ast%, 18.2tov%.

    Yes, those are both impressive and not so impressive. But to me, Dunn is nowhere near Patrick Beverly. He's similar to a young Jason Kidd (poor scoring rates but with great passing). Now, he's not that type of generational talent when it comes to court vision/passing. Still, I think he easily averages 16/7/4 playing starters minutes for a full season. He'll give you mediocre efficiency (overall, like Kidd) with plus defense.
    Dunn will be 24 shortly. A young Jason Kidd wasn't good.

    Like I have always stated, I will be surprised if he ever turns into a plus player overall. He has a single nitch that will keep him around. Defense.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #877
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,723

    Timberwolves Off Topic Thread #5

    I used Marcus smart as what I thought he would end up as. I haven't watched him this year much but will when lavine returns

  8. #878
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Dunn will be 24 shortly. A young Jason Kidd wasn't good.

    Like I have always stated, I will be surprised if he ever turns into a plus player overall. He has a single nitch that will keep him around. Defense.
    Yes Dunn is 24. He likely will not have a huge jump in production going from 24 to 25. But he is clearly a far better player this season when he was last season. Why can't he continue to improve? Jimmy Butler wasn't considered anything special at age 23 his second season in the league. Bulls fans said that he will stick around as an elite defensive specialist. His next season, 3rd in the league, at age 24 he actually kinda regressed. Then age 25, he had a big jump.

    I don't think Dunn is likely to become special. A top-10 player. But his ceiling is higher than you are saying, and his floor is higher than you think too. Tell me, have you watched him much this season?

    Yes, young J-Kidd wasn't that good. Until he was age 24/25. We have seen a lot of players take longer than other players. Dunn very well might be one of those that needs more than 1 full season to get it. And right now, he hasn't even been starting for half a season.

    Since he's started, he's at 14.4/7.1/4.5 playing 31mpg. He makes some bad turnovers, and doesn't get to the line much. But he attacks the basket, so he might be getting to the line at a lower rate than expected.

    You know, I just thought of someone he might be as I'm typing this. Jrue Holiday like production is probably a realistic projection for him.



  9. #879
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Yes Dunn is 24. He likely will not have a huge jump in production going from 24 to 25. But he is clearly a far better player this season when he was last season. Why can't he continue to improve? Jimmy Butler wasn't considered anything special at age 23 his second season in the league. Bulls fans said that he will stick around as an elite defensive specialist. His next season, 3rd in the league, at age 24 he actually kinda regressed. Then age 25, he had a big jump.

    I don't think Dunn is likely to become special. A top-10 player. But his ceiling is higher than you are saying, and his floor is higher than you think too. Tell me, have you watched him much this season?

    Yes, young J-Kidd wasn't that good. Until he was age 24/25. We have seen a lot of players take longer than other players. Dunn very well might be one of those that needs more than 1 full season to get it. And right now, he hasn't even been starting for half a season.

    Since he's started, he's at 14.4/7.1/4.5 playing 31mpg. He makes some bad turnovers, and doesn't get to the line much. But he attacks the basket, so he might be getting to the line at a lower rate than expected.

    You know, I just thought of someone he might be as I'm typing this. Jrue Holiday like production is probably a realistic projection for him.
    to be honest, I would rather not spend my time debating Dunn. He sucked when he was here, I don't see much of a skill level outside his defense, hope the guy does well, but I wouldn't count on it.

    You guys will like Zach, he is fun to watch and a nice kid. Hope he learns what defense is at some point, if he does he could be a pretty good player.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #880
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,385
    Skol vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

  11. #881
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    6,905
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Skol vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    How did that go for you? J/K bro. That sucked ***. That's why I don't get into MN sports anymore. Tired of having my heart broken. Same with the Wolves. Call me when you do something.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  12. #882
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    How did that go for you? J/K bro. That sucked ***. That's why I don't get into MN sports anymore. Tired of having my heart broken. Same with the Wolves. Call me when you do something.
    Its like a damn curse, but I can't give up. Kirby Puckett is the only man to ever get it done in this ****ing town.

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •