Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Timberwolves Off Topic Thread #5

Continue all off topic conversation here

Old thread:http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...Topic-Thread-4

How about those gophers? Nice win

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    How about those gophers? Nice win
    I didn't get to watch much today but it was nice to see us not play close with a bad team. I was a little down after the previous week despite winning.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I didn't get to watch much today but it was nice to see us not play close with a bad team. I was a little down after the previous week despite winning.
    I havent really followed the football team for a good 5-6 years now. They were ranked back then and havent been for awhile. Judging by your name, how do you think they are doing as a program? Getting better, staying the same, or worse?

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I havent really followed the football team for a good 5-6 years now. They were ranked back then and havent been for awhile. Judging by your name, how do you think they are doing as a program? Getting better, staying the same, or worse?
    Well I am not an avid fan or anything watching every game (made the name back when I was in college there) but I do try and keep up to date (whereas Wolves/Vikings I feel I know much more in depth).

I was a little dissapointed with not looking elsewhere for a new coach after kill. That Michigan (I think) game we blew due to not being ready/prepared at the end was rough and made me hope we would move on. I wasn't big on Kill initially either though and thought he did a good job overall so maybe this staff can continue that but it just seemed a bit off last year where as before I felt we were moving forward. I guess I am just in wait and see mode this season now to give them a chance even though I initially wanted to try something new (maybe they can have a good season and it will be like that first year I was skeptical but grew to like Kill).

Any Honda/Acura owners out there? I own an '06 TSX with 190K on it and am thinking of upgrading to something with a bit more space and safety for the two kidos. While I like the new Civic hatch, and may eventually choose it, right now I am in the 2015 TLX 2.4L vs 2016 Accord Sport comparison phase. Anyone own either of these cars(Accord could be any 2013 or newer with the 2.4L) and/or have any opinion of either?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Any Honda/Acura owners out there? I own an '06 TSX with 190K on it and am thinking of upgrading to something with a bit more space and safety for the two kidos. While I like the new Civic hatch, and may eventually choose it, right now I am in the 2015 TLX 2.4L vs 2016 Accord Sport comparison phase. Anyone own either of these cars(Accord could be any 2013 or newer with the 2.4L) and/or have any opinion of either?
    Nope, hope your car search goes well.

Thought I would post here in case anyone is interested, we are looking for a few more people in the All Time Auction/Redraft in the main basketball forum. If you haven't played before but have say 30 minutes a day and wanna give it a try it's usually a lot of fun. You just have to send in one round of bids each day (like 12ish per group to bid on) or be able to draft/tell someone who to take for you each day so not a major time commitment but gotta be a little active.

We will be auctioning off like 125 of the all time greats and then do a draft format from there using all players in nba history. The sign up page is in the main nba forum and the rules page is in the nba draft forum under All time r-edraft sub forum I think it was. Links below in case there is interest...

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...n-Game-Signups

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Auction-Rules

Feel free to ask if you have questions

Vikings got screwed last night!

I know we here complain about NBA refs a lot, but this year the NFL refs have been the worst in sports and I am in favor of more instant replay in all sports. A horrible call like last night's can cost a team a playoff birth and replay could have easily got it right.

^Vikes should have been flagged for a false start on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    ^Vikes should have been flagged for a false start on that play.
    Either way they should have got one more down. A false start gives them one shot from the 12, which is much better than getting no shot because of a blatant blow to the head.

Good point.

The Thielen fumble sticks out as bad reffing too. It was clearly a fumble, which they missed, but there was no clear recovery, so they shouldnt be able to over turn it. Either way, a team gets screwed on that call. Of course it was the Vikings.

Tough loss man, tough loss!

Timberwolves Off Topic Thread #5

I was at the game so maybe I missed something on replays but the first drive pass interference call on Patterson seemed like bs too (especially considering some contact downfield later in the game). Sucks getting deflated like that when we looked good to start.

with 2:40 to go in the 3rd quarter of tonights GSW game, the Warriors had assisted on all 36 made FG's.

Absoultely incredible. Wish I had been watching that one.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 12-16-2016 at 01:46 AM.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast