Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
Results 1,381 to 1,387 of 1387
  1. #1381
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,279
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I mean we need to trade butler and Teague too then and just tank next year (grab another high pick). Maybe we can get close to being the best young team in the league again in 3 years or so!

    Just feels like these types of moves are to try and get us right back to where we were pre thibs lol
    Yep, I pointed that out as a reason why Thibs wouldnt do it, but there's smoke that one of Wiggins or Towns will be gone...

    so the question again is, if you are trading one, who is it?

    KAT is obviously the better player, and now already an established star, who will get you a huge return. Wiggins won't get you much.

    no right answer, but there's discussion in it.

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,411
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Yep, I pointed that out as a reason why Thibs wouldnt do it, but there's smoke that one of Wiggins or Towns will be gone...

    so the question again is, if you are trading one, who is it?

    KAT is obviously the better player, and now already an established star, who will get you a huge return. Wiggins won't get you much.

    no right answer, but there's discussion in it.
    I would argue that getting out from under the Wiggins deal would already be huge in regards to value. Getting out from under his deal while also acquiring above average talent is 2 wins for our team. Wiggins is CLEARLY the one to trade, especially since Towns will probably be a top 5 to 7 player (already top 15 to 17) in this league and Wiggins has been below average at best.

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,063
    I would argue that none are in a "good" position to be traded.

    Wiggins who all are down on would get us very little at this point..... like the stock market selling low is not a great idea if you are trying to get value. Now is not his time to be moved. Am praying he is hearing all this chatter nationwide and comes in next year with a chip on his shoulder.

    Towns is our franchise player... Trading him better involve another franchise player or would be stupid to move him. Going no where....

    Butler came here to lead and is a favorite of Tib's... going no where.

    If someone is going to get traded It will likely be Dieng or Aldrich. Dieng should have played more last year and has a skillset many teams would like at a fairly reasonable price. Aldrich at the end of his contract would be attractive to those trying to cut some salary.

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,411
    Dieng's contract is so bad that we would have to give up an asset just to move him. Also, we have been waiting 4 years for wiggins stock to rise and I'm not holding my breath anymore. In fact, Wiggins stock will continue to drop and now may be the best chance we have to get any value in return.
    Last edited by DW3421; 06-21-2018 at 08:50 AM.

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Dieng's contract is so bad that we would have to give up an asset just to move him. Also, we have been waiting 4 years for wiggins stock to rise and I'm not holding my breath anymore. In fact, Wiggins stock will continue to drop and now may be the best chance we have to get any value in return.
    Understand Dieng's contract a little high but look around the NBA and there are TONS of bad contracts. At least he contributes and is not a distraction.

    As far as Wiggin's is concerned I will respectfully disagree. It may be your "opinion" that his stock will drop even farther or he could like many 23 year olds start to figure it out. Most of his issue is mental and maturity tends to help that part.... sometimes

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,411
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    Understand Dieng's contract a little high but look around the NBA and there are TONS of bad contracts. At least he contributes and is not a distraction.

    As far as Wiggin's is concerned I will respectfully disagree. It may be your "opinion" that his stock will drop even farther or he could like many 23 year olds start to figure it out. Most of his issue is mental and maturity tends to help that part.... sometimes
    Its not just my opinion, its pretty much a consensus on Wiggins. And just like Dieng, those other contracts that you mention are REALLY hard to move.

  7. #1387
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    6,913
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Its not just my opinion, its pretty much a consensus on Wiggins. And just like Dieng, those other contracts that you mention are REALLY hard to move.
    I don't think Dieng has a bad contract. He is a very capable player when given consistent minutes.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •