Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 1194
  1. #886
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    11,861
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    The wolves biggest problem was closing out games last year playing 4 on 5. Nobody guarded Rubio. As much fun as his in the open court he will always be a negative with the game on the line. Teague hit almost 50 percent in 2015/16 from catch and shoot threes. He will fit the team better. I will miss Ricky though but I would rather see us win.
    Disagree. The issue was playing 1-on-5 with Wiggins regularly going into isolation and not having the slightest inclination/wherewithal to pass. That is not to excuse Rubio's issues; but Zach, Gorgui, Rush, and even KAT were too often left just standing around.

    If the team is better this year, I daresay it is because Wiggins is downgraded to 2nd (if not 3rd) option.

  2. #887
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Disagree. The issue was playing 1-on-5 with Wiggins regularly going into isolation and not having the slightest inclination/wherewithal to pass. That is not to excuse Rubio's issues; but Zach, Gorgui, Rush, and even KAT were too often left just standing around.

    If the team is better this year, I daresay it is because Wiggins is downgraded to 2nd (if not 3rd) option.
    Why do you think Wiggins has to force the ISO at the end of the game. Rubio prevents them from running real team sets.

  3. #888
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    6,816
    I guess time will tell, but I would have preferred Rubio on this current roster. At this point, it's basically Ibaka or bust for us in FA with min vets filling out the roster, IMHO.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  4. #889
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    2,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I guess time will tell, but I would have preferred Rubio on this current roster. At this point, it's basically Ibaka or bust for us in FA with min vets filling out the roster, IMHO.
    Man, I'm still processing this move, but I tend to agree with you!

  5. #890
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Maplewood
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    With George going to OKC (assuming he resigns), we will never see a first but rather seconds.
    Umm not sure if you understand how this works. We WANT OKC to make the playoffs to get the 1st round pick. It is top 14 protected (the lottery) which is non playoff teams. If they make the playoffs we get it, if they miss we don't.

  6. #891
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    71,207
    Teague deal isn't too bad. Pays 3 million more than Rubio's deal. We are chasing JJ and Milisap. Either one would be huge.

    We need to use our cap space now. It's gone after this year. Adding either of those guys would be huge. Dunleavy or someone like that, and a cheap big fill us out.

  7. #892
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Teague deal isn't too bad. Pays 3 million more than Rubio's deal. We are chasing JJ and Milisap. Either one would be huge.

    We need to use our cap space now. It's gone after this year. Adding either of those guys would be huge. Dunleavy or someone like that, and a cheap big fill us out.
    I'd highly prefer millsap.

  8. #893
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hillsboro, Or
    Posts
    785
    Love the move for Teague. Better fit, and just wait till you see what Lowry, Hill, and Holiday get. 20 mil plus per year I bet. This was a solid deal. We are not done yet. Plus we get the 3rd year with Teague. I think that actually will balance the Salaries. Maybe Rubio commands 16-20 mil in 2 years when he is unrestricted. Plus..when was the late time the Wolves did anything or went anywhere. We haven't broken the bank, we haven't gutted our core, and we haven't thrown picks away. Go Wolves!
    Last edited by Where's KG?; 07-01-2017 at 01:59 AM.

  9. #894
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,560
    I am fine with Teague over Rubio for this team, it makes sense to me fit wise (you can definitely argue talent/overall impact/defense etc. but imo Teague is better for this group).

    I hope we have one more big move lined up as well, as others have said it's our last shot with cap space.

  10. #895
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,560
    There is some buzz on us also still being in on Milsap...

    Teague
    Wiggins
    Butler
    Milsap
    Towns

    Ok I guess that might be a fun season next year

  11. #896
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Iola, Kansas
    Posts
    8,893
    What people are missing on Teague's shooting is that his off-the-dribble shooting drags him down. He is a pretty good spot-up shooter (his role obviously if he is playing off our Big 3.) Yes I would rather have Lowry on a bigger deal for 3 years, but he probably isn't willing to go just three years.

    If we get Millsap, JaMychal Green or Redick, huge FA success.

  12. #897
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,133
    The only thing I'm curious about is Teague's D. I know the offense side is better then Rubio which all PGs mostly has these days but Rubio's D is a big help against guys like Curry. I remember Towns say something able stopping GSW's run. Will we be able to?

  13. #898
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    11,861
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    Why do you think Wiggins has to force the ISO at the end of the game. Rubio prevents them from running real team sets.
    Because that's what Thibs was running. Why didn't Towns get the ball? Why didn't Lavine who is a microwave on offense? Why not run pick-and-roll with Rubio to force the defense to guard him?

  14. #899
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    44,033
    is it just me or you basically got nothing for rubio?
    ]

  15. #900
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    51
    Wolves and nuggets have a meeting with Milsap today. Sounds like they are the front runners for his services. Unless Nuggets offer way more money I would have to think the wolves would be the more desirable place to go.

Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •