Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1145
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,411

    Timberwolves Trade/Ideas/Rumors Thread 2.0

    Continue the discussion from the old thread here.

    Link to past one if interested in looking back: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ews-Thread-1-0

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    452
    Looks like the timberwolves may trade for Iman Shumpert? Not sure how I feel about this one..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    70,088
    where is the Iman chatter coming from? he sucks, no thanks

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,411
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=425718

    This is where I saw it and article mentions KG and a first, no thanks. Lavine/Wiggins with Dunn/Rush/Shabazz is fine for a SG/SF rotation no need for him (if we wanna trade Payne for something fine lol).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    11,814
    Who the what? I put zero stock into that source.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=425718

    This is where I saw it and article mentions KG and a first, no thanks. Lavine/Wiggins with Dunn/Rush/Shabazz is fine for a SG/SF rotation no need for him (if we wanna trade Payne for something fine lol).
    I wouldn't trade KG OR a 1st, let alone KG AND a 1st haha.

    I quite like Iman, but I don't think he's a good fit for us at this point.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=425718

    This is where I saw it and article mentions KG and a first, no thanks. Lavine/Wiggins with Dunn/Rush/Shabazz is fine for a SG/SF rotation no need for him (if we wanna trade Payne for something fine lol).
    I wouldn't trade KG OR a 1st, let alone KG AND a 1st haha.

    I quite like Iman, but I don't think he's a good fit for us at this point.
    Agreed, this just doesn't make sense to me. Not huge fan of iman but think he can be a role player, just not for us.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    908
    Same as when he was on the Knicks. I respect his play and under Thibs he could excel with his defense. But really why do we need him like you guys said. No way a 1st for him. No way we trade KG. Rush is perfect for that spot and we all want to see Shabazz in a consistent role (if I've been reading these forums correctly).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,995
    I doubt we keep Dieng. He will want money, he spent 4 years in college, 4 years on a rookie deal. He seriously needs to feed his family LOL He has to nail a big contract, and I would rather let someone give him that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    2,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I doubt we keep Dieng. He will want money, he spent 4 years in college, 4 years on a rookie deal. He seriously needs to feed his family LOL He has to nail a big contract, and I would rather let someone give him that.
    I am seriously on the fence here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,947
    I like Dieng. I think he will do well under Tib's. I believe he will start and be a solid contributor. He is not a star but should be solid. Playing together and keeping continuity is important so am fine with him signing back on at a reasonable price after the year. If someone goes nuts and offers him crazy money we let them understanding replacements are also "crazy" money.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    168
    Sounds like KG is meeting with owner and top brass...announcement soon on his plans, any thoughts...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    I like Dieng. I think he will do well under Tib's. I believe he will start and be a solid contributor. He is not a star but should be solid. Playing together and keeping continuity is important so am fine with him signing back on at a reasonable price after the year. If someone goes nuts and offers him crazy money we let them understanding replacements are also "crazy" money.
    This is kind of where I am at too. I want to see what he can do under thibs because he has tools to improve defensively still.

    Our starting lineup at the end of last season was a plus lineup with him so thibs+growth+the whole year together has me excited for what they can do (plus the bench maybe won't get completely destroyed now).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by SDvikes View Post
    Sounds like KG is meeting with owner and top brass...announcement soon on his plans, any thoughts...
    Around free agency when I was hoping we might sign an upgrade and before the crazy contracts I was hoping he was done. At this point I really don't care one way or the other, if we feel he is still a good vet presence to have around our young guys that is fine by me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    70,088
    the thing is, we are still under the floor for the cap. KG retiring would leave us around $12 million short. I would rather he suck up $8 million for 1 year, than go give someone not signed a deal for more than a year, or trade for a player with more than a year.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •