Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    I am really losing confidence in Wiggins.

He's not worth anywhere near the $25m+ he's going to command.

I'm now convinced that he's not ever going to have the right mindset to achieve that potential super-stardom I previously thought he was capable of.

If we can get a good package for him this Summer, I'd seriously look into it. If not then, maybe wait and see how LaVine returns from injury and re-assess Wiggins status at the deadline.
    while people think I have no respect for what Wiggins does, that bold is why I have concern. A guy who put up 20 a night for three years will get the max. And he is nowhere near the max in value. Like nowhere near..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    while people think I have no respect for what Wiggins does, that bold is why I have concern. A guy who put up 20 a night for three years will get the max. And he is nowhere near the max in value. Like nowhere near..
    Those sound like Rudy Gay numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    This season has slowly turned me off him.

I still believe the talent is there - I really do. But I don't believe we're ever going to see him reach his potential. If he had the frame of mind of KG or Kobe or even just a Ricky Rubio, he'd be damn-near unstoppable.

You can just tell some nights that he's not going at 100%, which really ****es me off to see.

I don't think we're in a position not to sign him to an extension - unless another team out there thinks he IS worthy of a max contract and offers us a strong package in return.

I feel like an old man in saying this - but I'm really just mostly disappointed in Wiggins.

Belly out for the remainder of the season might hurt a bit more than originally thought.

This is where the 7/8 man rotation can come back to bite us.

It probably means minutes for Aldrich (who I quite like as a reserve, but he just doesn't seem to be a good fit here) and maybe, possibly, finallllllly Hill, who is going to be so out of game-shape it's not funny.

Such a shame for Bjelica. He seemed to have found his role, and even improving. Three man rotation of Towns/Dieng/Bjelica looked solid.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    How about his D?
    He's a bit of a tweener but the desire is there. With that said, his offensive game is clearly ahead of his defensive game at this point but he's only 18 years old so plenty of time to improve.

I still believe the talent is there - I really do. But I don't believe we're ever going to see him reach his potential. If he had the frame of mind of KG or Kobe or even just a Ricky Rubio, he'd be damn-near unstoppable.

You can just tell some nights that he's not going at 100%, which really ****es me off to see.

I don't think we're in a position not to sign him to an extension - unless another team out there thinks he IS worthy of a max contract and offers us a strong package in return.

I feel like an old man in saying this - but I'm really just mostly disappointed in Wiggins.
    exactly the way I feel about Wiggins. And we will keep him, guarantee it. And I know we probably have to.

He just disappoints me. So inconsistent, and at times, it's like he just doesn't give a ****. And even if he turns into a good player, borderline all star, the fact that we all KNOW he has the pure talent to be an all NBA player, and dominate.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 03-17-2017 at 10:03 AM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Damn, sets the record for consecutive 20 pt games in franchise history at 21 years old and you've given up on him huh? Tough crowd. This frame of mind is a MN thing. It's crazy talk really. Years and years of awful basketball has driven the fan base crazy.

You can only find people this down on Wiggins within the fan base. Glad Thibs loves the ---- out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Damn, sets the record for consecutive 20 pt games in franchise history at 21 years old and you've given up on him huh? Tough crowd. This frame of mind is a MN thing. It's crazy talk really. Years and years of awful basketball has driven the fan base crazy.
    To be fair, Towns immediately broke that "record" something like a game later.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    He's a bit of a tweener but the desire is there. With that said, his offensive game is clearly ahead of his defensive game at this point but he's only 18 years old so plenty of time to improve.
    Thank you. I guess the desire is the first step but we could really use a 3&D kind of player in that position

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    To be fair, Towns immediately broke that "record" something like a game later.
    His record has been broken, but still a record he set at 21. Towns is currently at Dream level offensively...so yeah, him breaking Wiggs record just means we have a MVP caliber center on our squad.

Money may be a real problem for Wolves not long from now.

Lavine is going to want a ton.
    Wiggins too.
    Town HAS to get that supermax.

And for the sake of discussion lets say RUbio FInally has picked it up and he can mantain this next 2 seasons that 15 ppg 10 apg 4 rpg 2 stp on .450% shooting stat line.
    That is going to actually command a max too.
    ]

Sounds like the Wolves are signing Omri Casspi tomorrow:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...pi-rest-season

Personally, I am a fan. Would have gladly given something up the last couple of years to trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    You can only find people this down on Wiggins within the fan base. Glad Thibs loves the ---- out of him.
    not true at all.

Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast