Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    I am on board with agreeing to give him the max, if we hadn't someone else would have. He isn't a max player yet, might not ever be, but this is Minnesota, the land that no top NBA player wants to be. I have been watching the Wolves since 2002, probably watched 85% of the games since then and to have a chance at keeping a player with the ability of Wiggins under Tibs and Jimmy Butler showing him how to be a baller..You have to throw stats away and look at the kid himself. He wants to be here, he has the talent, and now he has the surrounding tools to sharpen him into the polished player we would all hope he would be. It is much easier to play and grow in a system when other guys can run the offense and the team. He will develop, he just has to learn how to play basketball as a man and not as a sloppy college kid. 21 years old isn't enough time to break the bad habits developed of a lifetime of dominating, he's on a bigger stage now, but his body is just starting to strengthen. With that will come more control. I have been on the Wiggins bandwagon since I watched him as a junior in highschool against Julius Randle. Once I saw that video of that game going into overtime I was sold that he was going to be an elite pro. Jabari Parker was the safer pick, but Wiggins has that superstar potential and I think it is still very much there.
    I do get the reasoning behind it and agree with a lot of your points - but again, regarding his development, his being a 22 year old should not be taken into account as much as his minutes/usage.

You don't just suddenly turn 23 or 24 or 25 and become a great player. Reps and experience are what make players grow, not the date on a calendar.

I also agree that signing him to a max was probably inevitable. A young scorer averaging 24ppg is going to get paid. I just see multiple flaws and holes in his game that suggest he likely won't live up to his $30m per year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    exactly what I have been saying too. All the guys that get thrown at me, are poor examples. Every single one. If you are going to be a perennial all star, you show it after this many mpg/usage. Age is irrelevant.
    Totally agree.

At the end of that day, if he can become an above average defender (which he has all the tools to do, but doesn't appear to want to put in any effort on that end) and can become more efficient on offence, I'll be happy enough. He's signed up now.

If he does continue his lazy defence/rebounding though, I will be damn pissed.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647