Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Tim Tebow ... sort of

Lol, he's obviously not on the 40 man but this is an invite to the Big League camp. And to be fair, he did make a few appearances last year when they were short of players.

I think he'll be fun to watch. I'm sure he won't be taking at bats from anyone important. And i wasn't one of those stodgy fans who was dusgusted when Garth Brooks played with them nearly 20 Spring Trainings ago.

It's Spring Training. Why can't it be fun?

Bet he hits a home run in his first time up, like he did in his first at bat with Savannah and then St. Lucie when he was promoted. After that expect a lot of strikeouts.

Over-under for when he will be cut, anyone?

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1470000
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

They do need outfielders so it makes sense to give him some at bats. Also is fla were they actually think he is Jesus reborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They do need outfielders so it makes sense to give him some at bats. Also is fla where they actually think he is Jesus reborn.

Better Tebow than say Jesus Feliciano.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Lol, he's obviously not on the 40 man but this is an invite to the Big League camp. And to be fair, he did make a few appearances last year when they were short of players.

I think he'll be fun to watch. I'm sure he won't be taking at bats from anyone important. And i wasn't one of those stodgy fans who was dusgusted when Garth Brooks played with them nearly 20 Spring Trainings ago.

It's Spring Training. Why can't it be fun?

Bet he hits a home run in his first time up, like he did in his first at bat with Savannah and then St. Lucie when he was promoted. After that expect a lot of strikeouts.

Over-under for when he will be cut, anyone?

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1470000
    And didn't Garth come to camp every year for like ten years? An invite to big league camp is literally meaningless. Again, it's part of the fun and harmless side of the Business of Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    And didn't Garth come to camp every year for like ten years? An invite to big league camp is literally meaningless. Again, it's part of the fun and harmless side of the Business of Baseball.
    Not sure it was for 10 seasons but for several ears after that, he would attend ST for different teams. I think he was raising money for charity. Can't remember which one.

And yeah, ST is all about fun and the anticipation of the upcoming season. I was actually at Port St. Lucie to see Garth play live and one fan stood up and started mocking him: "Hey Garth, I wanna play! Can I play too? Maybe they let me play too?" A-hole.

Not sure it was for 10 seasons but for several ears after that, he would attend ST for different teams. I think he was raising money for charity. Can't remember which one.

And yeah, ST is all about fun and the anticipation of the upcoming season. I was actually at Port St. Lucie to see Garth play live and one fan stood up and started mocking him: "Hey Garth, I wanna play! Can I play too? Maybe they let me play too?" A-hole.
    Isn't that kinda what you're doing right now with Tebow?

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    I would have preferred a Morgana ST invite, but she's 63 now. She'd surely get more attention....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW2UsUZ40tU
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Not at all. I have no problem with him playing in ST. Pretty sure I said that above.

Not at all. I have no problem with him playing in ST. Pretty sure I said that above.
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to reject your reality and substitute my own.

And thank you for the compliment.

(see?)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to reject your reality and substitute my own.

And thank you for the compliment.

(see?)
    I have no idea what you’re talking about but hey, if you’re happy, we’re good.

11. 01-24-2018, 03:22 AM

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Jeff Wilpon knows that Tebow is our secret weapon, that's why no more signings needed.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Great spot with Tim Tebow telling Jimmy Fallon he'd love to prove everyone wrong. Gotta love this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Wfih829MMlQ

Ya know, when you combine genuine optimism with hard work, good things can happen. I still don't believe he'll ever make the major leagues (with the exception of a September call up for publicity purposes) but he's a tough guy to root against.

Nah, he still ****ing sucks.

Great spot with Tim Tebow telling Jimmy Fallon he'd love to prove everyone wrong. Gotta love this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Wfih829MMlQ

Ya know, when you combine genuine optimism with hard work, good things can happen. I still don't believe he'll ever make the major leagues (with the exception of a September call up for publicity purposes) but he's a tough guy to root against.
    "Let's talk about your baseball because that's just on fire right now," Fallon to Tebow.

Uh. Fire?
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    "Let's talk about your baseball because that's just on fire right now," Fallon to Tebow.

Uh. Fire?
    Lol, yeah. Maybe Jimmy needs to set his bar a little higher.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast