Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Jordan could not make contact with anything but a FB regardless of his amazing athleticism. Goes to show you that athleticism alone is not the key to hitting a baseball. If Tebow can hit offspeed stuff, he has a shot. If he can't, I doubt he reaches AAA ever.
    Doubtful he ever makes it out of Brooklyn. They didn't give him a million bucks to cut him after the IL. But once he starts struggling against competitive A ball players, he'll retire.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Guess who's coming to Port St Lucie?

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/tebow-t...nday/217170052

And he'll be playing in major league exhibition games too! Although that probably has something to do with the mass exodus of players heading to the WBC, no?

Good times!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Dude, Garth Brooks played in exhibition games for the Mets. (And Royals and Padres) It's spring. Nobody gives a ****.

1. Fan appeal = dollars. Bill Veeck would approve. Remember when MLB stadiums had no advertisements on the OF walls? Eventually MLB resorted to MiLB marketing strategies.

2. Tebow is old. Might as well fast-track him.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Tebow's gonna be in Port Saint Lucie this season right? I mean hes nowhere good enough to be in AA or higher (hes probably not even close to being good enough for A), but its florida and thatll sell tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Tebow's gonna be in Port Saint Lucie this season right? I mean hes nowhere good enough to be in AA or higher (hes probably not even close to being good enough for A), but its florida and thatll sell tickets.
    He could end up in Savannah or Kingsport. Too hard to tell at this point what they have planned for him, but IMO, Tebow has no path to the major leagues as a NY Met...if anywhere at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    He could end up in Savannah or Kingsport. Too hard to tell at this point what they have planned for him, but IMO, Tebow has no path to the major leagues as a NY Met...if anywhere at all.
    Right. Im just assuming its a money making decision. If thats the case, PSL has gotta be the best place for that. I saw a bunch of Tebow shirts there on Saturday.

I do have to admit, what Tebow lacks in natural baseball ability he is trying to compensate with hard work. That I admire. He's not going through the motions. He's busting his butt, working hard. He spent the entire off season working at his hitting. He really is giving it his all.

Will it matter? No. Is there any pathway for him to the majors, with any team? Absolutely not.

But he doesn't care. He's taking nothing for granted. He'll keep playing, keep working, until the inevitable comes and someone tells him he's not wanted or needed here anymore. Maybe there will come a point when he will voluntarily give it up.

Either way, I admire that. And i say that with all sincerity.

The guy works his tail off and is a phenomenal athlete. Those are great attributes for any sport.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Will it matter? No. Is there any pathway for him to the majors, with any team? Absolutely not.
    Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?
    Ah, Jesus Alou, I like heem beddy much....

Did we cut this bum yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Tune in Wednesday!

Yep, they're going to need minor leaguers to fill in for the exodus of Met players (14) who left for the WBC this week. And who better to be one of them than our own Timothy Tebow!

http://nypost.com/2017/03/05/world-b...m_campaign=mlb

Tebow went 2-3 and made a great catch in the Outfield.

http://m.mlb.com/nym/video/topic/266...ches/?c_id=nym
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

...and
    James Wagner ✔ @ByJamesWagner
    That was Tim Tebow’s last game in big league camp, Terry Collins said.
    4:38 PM - 15 Mar 2017

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast