Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Despite being a great athlete, I'm not sure I'd agree he's got too much talent to continue striking out at this pace. Consider that he's playing better now than ever he did in A Ball. That's remarkable, really, quite amazing. But he still has all of two home runs in 74 ABs. And with the strikeouts mounting, I wonder if he hasn't hit his ceiling?

I guess we'll see.
    It's totally possible. Maybe the K's will be what keep him from developing into a real player. I just feel that with the way he can rake for a week before disappearing, something's there.

HR #3 tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet:32330117
    HR #3 tonight.

So what... He's strong. That's about it. If he hits it solid, it can go far, but he's terrible and this experiment is STILL a joke. Can't wait until it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    So what... He's strong. That's about it. If he hits it solid, it can go far, but he's terrible and this experiment is STILL a joke. Can't wait until it ends.
    I heard on the Internet that the Mets approached Tebow to see if he would consider becoming a Catcher.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    HR #3 tonight.

Nice double header for Tebow last night. Went 2-3 in game 1 with a homer. Went 0-2 with a walk in game 2. No strikeouts in 5 ABs.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 05-06-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Changing the narrative

Save another epic slump in the near future, it looks like Tim has indeed figured out AA pitching. Lol, i dont have to say this surprises no one as much as it did me. I had him quitting in a few months. He's doing a damned good job at proving me wrong. So far, anyway.

Indeed, he's gone 5 for his last 15 to bring his slash line up to a very respectable .247/.326/.424 for an OPS of .762. Sadly, as Tebow's stock is on the rise, the Mets's is falling fast, now having dropped 15 of their last 22 to fall into 4th place. Wow.

But here's where it gets fun. Say the Mets keep falling and Tebow keeps hitting. With the season lost, why not bring him up in September and making him a bonafide major leaguer, something i never could have imagined was possible. And if that happens, you know there's gonna be a movie coming out, probably ready for opening day 2019. Possible titles include:

• Tim Tebow: Keeping The Faith.
    • Playing on God's Diamond
    • A Winner Never Quits. (Oops, I think that one was taken)

I'm open for suggestions. But you just know there'll be a movie. And I'm also thinking there will be a character based on FoC, some fan who was relentless in his sometimes anonymous, sometimes attributed on-line criticism of Tebow the baseball player, saying God awful things (pun fully intended) about his chances. After all, every plot needs a foil and they could do worse using me.

Wonder who they'll get to play me.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 05-09-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

I'm not ready to declare him having figured anything out just yet. It's May 9th.

That said, I think it's safe to say he ain't getting released anytime soon, and he's certainly not quitting. I didn't think he would anyway, but at least now the team has some reason to believe he's got a chance at producing for them.

His movie will be called The Plan. Or maybe His Plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I'm not ready to declare him having figured anything out just yet. It's May 9th.

That said, I think it's safe to say he ain't getting released anytime soon, and he's certainly not quitting. I didn't think he would anyway, but at least now the team has some reason to believe he's got a chance at producing for them.

His movie will be called The Plan. Or maybe His Plan.
    His Plan.

I like that.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Hey Mike (Francesa)
    You think the Mets could trade Tim Tebow for a Catcher?

Itís sad that Tim Tebow is our best prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Itís sad that Tim Tebow is our best prospect.
    He isnít.

I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    He isnít.

Lol of course he isnít it was a joke, much like the current state of the 4th place Mets.

The Mets have no farm system.

Lol of course he isnít it was a joke, much like the current state of the 4th place Mets.
    Yeah. And neither your joke nor this 4th place Mets team is funny.

The Mets have no farm system.
    There's a better thread for this comment.

Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast