Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Yet none you sumguns are whining about Ty Kelly.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Yet none you sumguns are whining about Ty Kelly.
    Maybe you should start a Ty Kelly thread? I might even start a Rafael Montero thread......
    Anyone For A Piece Of Cake?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Maybe you should start a Ty Kelly thread? I might even start a Rafael Montero thread......
    On it. lol

Ty Kelly sucks donkey dick too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Tebow quits after ST? At some point this joke of a project has to end.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Maybe Tebow quits after ST? At some point this joke of a project has to end.
    The XFL launches in 2020, I think. Teebs will give himself that long to...well, make it, I guess?

And I still don't see what the joke is. Dude is raking...in cash for the organization. And he's a tremendous influence on his teammates. How is that not a good thing?

The XFL launches in 2020, I think. Teebs will give himself that long to...well, make it, I guess?

And I still don't see what the joke is. Dude is raking...in cash for the organization. And he's a tremendous influence on his teammates. How is that not a good thing?
    How much cash actually? Minor league and ST prices are nowhere near MLB levels and unless Tebow plays for a minor league team owned by the Mets, the Mets receive nothing from ticket sales.

Maybe he puts an extra $200k to $300k in the bank.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

After Matz got knocked out in his start last week, Tebow could be seen talking to him, giving him encouragement. Thatís trmarkable to see a Single A outfielder offering words of advice to a struggling major league pitcher.

But Tebow obviously is not your ordinary minor leaguer. He was a Heisman Trophy winner who failed in the NFL. That pedigree alone can help players dealing with adversity.

I like Tebow. I just wish everyone would come clean and admit heís no major leaguer and will never be one.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 03-11-2018 at 02:46 PM.

He was one of the worst NFL QB's in history. Why the hell would his baseball career be any different. He can't play any sports except against college teams where tons of players can succeed, that can't make it in the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    He was one of the worst NFL QB's in history. Why the hell would his baseball career be any different. He can't play any sports except against college teams where tons of players can succeed, that can't make it in the pros.
    Youíre right, of course. But he is still a unique personality. Thereís value in that if not on the ball field.

Bitter, petty garbage. Dude was one of the best college football players of all-time, and still one of the greatest athletes in all of sports. And everyone who knows him says he's a great teammate. That alone makes him an asset to the organization, even if he's not a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    After Matz got knocked out in his start last week, Tebow could be seen talking to him, giving him encouragement. Thatís trmarkable to see a Single A outfielder offering words of advice to a struggling major league pitcher.

But Tebow obviously is not your ordinary minor leaguer. He was a Heisman Trophy winner who failed in the NFL. That pedigree alone can help players dealing with adversity.

I like Tebow. I just wish everyone would come clean and admit heís no major leaguer and will never be one.
    And there you have it. The thing about a guy like Tim is that he doesn't have to be great to be convincing and helpful as a teammate. In the same way a manager doesn't. What matters is the message and how it's delivered.

BTW, Matz came out and pitched well the next game. So, you're welcome.

Tim Tebow, really?

He was one of the worst NFL QB's in history. Why the hell would his baseball career be any different.
    Why could his bb career be different? Completely different skillset. Completely. Different. Skillset.

Will it be different? Provably not, but u canít say he wont be a successful MLB player bc he wasnít a successful NFL player.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    How much cash actually? Minor league and ST prices are nowhere near MLB levels and unless Tebow plays for a minor league team owned by the Mets, the Mets receive nothing from ticket sales.

Maybe he puts an extra $200k to $300k in the bank.

Unless the Mets were looking to help their minor league affiliates that badly, I'm sure he's worth more to the Mets than 200 or 300,000 dollars. You don't sign a 29 year old guy who hasn't played baseball for 12 years unless he has more value to the team than what he can potentially produce on the field, which surprisingly isn't much.

Itís simple.

Heís an inspiring guy. His work ethic and belief in himself has got to rub off on others.

I think itís a cool story. Even if he never makes it to the bigs.

Hes not just chatting with Matz and other big leaguers at spring training. Heís chatting with the youngsters in the minors while heís there.

You combine his fanfare, along with his ability to inspire others. Itís an easy decision to have him be a part of the organization.

(Itís not like the ďmedia circusĒ is there because the guy is Ochocinco or Ray Rice)

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast