Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Tim Tebow, really?

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.co...ndroid-verizon

This has gotta be a joke.

Don't think I hyperlinked that correctly but wtf why do my teams keep signing this guy? We don't need the media attention this is gonna bring.
    Last edited by Claymation; 09-09-2016 at 04:44 AM.

So funny. I just posted on my Facebook feed "ROTFLMAO!!! Really?"

This is so bad it's ridiculous. I'll wait for Dugmet to tell me why it's not, though.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2016/09/08/mets-signing-tim-tebow-to-minor-league-contract/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

This has gotta be a joke.

Don't think I hyperlinked that correctly but wtf why do my teams keep signing this guy? We don't need the media attention this is gonna bring.
    It's legit. The Mets themselves have announced it. He'll be playing in the instructional league.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

I feel the same way as a Mets/Jets fan. However this is much less concerning. No QB controversy and no real impact on the MLB level. If he fails it will be no different than the vast majority of minor leaguers. There is also always the small hope that he succeeds. There never really should have been such hope for him in the NFL since he can't properly throw a football.

Tim Tebow, really?

World Series, here we come.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Our Babe Ruth. God decrees it.

I don't like this move. To me this is now just a distraction for the team for a guy who will never make it to the majors.

But will he be eligible for the post season? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I feel the same way as a Mets/Jets fan. However this is much less concerning. No QB controversy and no real impact on the MLB level. If he fails it will be no different than the vast majority of minor leaguers. There is also always the small hope that he succeeds. There never really should have been such hope for him in the NFL since he can't properly throw a football.
    He's 28 years old and hasn't played baseball since high school. He's not succeeding.

What pisses me off is that we're in the midst of one of our most exciting pennant runs in franchise history and the Mets just steered the conversation away from all that and toward Tim Tebow.

Magnificent.

He can't be any worse playing baseball, can he?
    Lets go Mets

I could honestly care less.

I doubt Tebow ever makes it out of the minors, but I wonder if he brings intangibles that may play out well at the minor league level - leadership, discipline, etc. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by JRollins Hater View Post
    I don't like this move. To me this is now just a distraction for the team for a guy who will never make it to the majors.
    He will be in Florida and in the instructional league. It won't affect the MLB team at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He's 28 years old and hasn't played baseball since high school. He's not succeeding.

What pisses me off is that we're in the midst of one of our most exciting pennant runs in franchise history and the Mets just steered the conversation away from all that and toward Tim Tebow.

Magnificent.
    Conversation among fans has literally no affect on what happens on the field. Sure, there will be a few questions today in the Mets clubhouse by the media, but they will be answered quickly and put to rest ASAP.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 09-08-2016 at 09:13 AM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I doubt Tebow ever makes it out of the minors, but I wonder if he brings intangibles that may play out well at the minor league level - leadership, discipline, etc. Maybe.

He will be in Florida and in the instructional league. It won't affect the MLB team at all.

Conversation among fans has literally no affect on what happens on the field. Sure, there will be a few questions today in the Mets clubhouse by the media, but they will be answered quickly and put to rest ASAP.
    Tebow's work ethic is indeed second to none. That can only have a positive influence on the legitimate prospects around him. Kinda sucks, though, that this will be a topic of conversation in the clubhouse today, even if it only has a short shelf life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Voodoo View Post
    I could honestly care less.
    So you do care, honestly?

Has anyone actually seen him play?

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast