Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    It's too bad we started off the season so awful. The way we have been playing under Snitker we could have been an outside contender for the wild card. Love how this team has been playing under him.
    Going to be REALLY hard to not bring Snitker back.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Going to be REALLY hard to not bring Snitker back.
    He's done an exceptional job, especially considering most of his talent is still on the farm and not on the MLB roster. However, I don't think it will be that hard for the Braves to move in a different direction if they decide not to retain him. We have to remember this is a small sample size in the show and there will be bigger names available that could attract free agents. Bud Black was the hot name a month ago.

Snitker knows all of these guys, and it seems everyone here loves playing for him. Seems to know how to run the bullpen and everything well in regards to being a manager. I don't see how he doesn't come back, a Bud Black isn't going to attract a FA anymore than he well.

Ender Inciarte since the all star break has just been stupid. .351/.406/.454/.860. 58 runs scored plus 19 extra base hits. Leads the team in hits as well. This kid is a stud.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

DOBrienAJC
    #Braves DansbyS in 29 night games: .350 (35-for-100) w/ 16 RBIs, .391 OBP, .510 slug%. In 6 day games he's hit.050 (1-for-20) w/ 1 RBI.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    It's too bad we started off the season so awful. The way we have been playing under Snitker we could have been an outside contender for the wild card. Love how this team has been playing under him.
    I agree. I wish they'd consider him for the manager position. He works really well with these guys. If nothing else I'd like to see us bring in a guy with winning experience. I remember reports saying Bud Black had the inside track when we fired Fredi. He had a couple of good years managing the Padres but I'm not sure I want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Snitker knows all of these guys, and it seems everyone here loves playing for him. Seems to know how to run the bullpen and everything well in regards to being a manager. I don't see how he doesn't come back, a Bud Black isn't going to attract a FA anymore than he well.
    So you don't think Bud carries More respect around baseball and with FA than Snitker? I understand you'd like to keep Snitker, I don't have a problem with that at all. But Bud is highly respected and the hot comidity when you're talking MLB managers. So I completely disagree with you saying he wouldn't help the FA process!

I say this to be clear. I have nothing against Snitker getting the job and I'd be cool with it. However I do think Bud caries the bigger name and could help in ways that are not actually on the field of play.
    Last edited by SB75; 10-01-2016 at 08:54 AM.

I have always questioned how much a FA picks a place because of the manager. I think all things equal it matters, but I would think money, good team, good facilities, franchise tradition, location, etc would come in before manager for an overwhelming amount of FAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    So you don't think Bud carries More respect around baseball and with FA than Snitker? I understand you'd like to keep Snitker, I don't have a problem with that at all. But Bud is highly respected and the hot comidity when you're talking MLB managers. So I completely disagree with you saying he wouldn't help the FA process!

I say this to be clear. I have nothing against Snitker getting the job and I'd be cool with it. However I do think Bud caries the bigger name and could help in ways that are not actually on the field of play.
    Guys only play for a few managers for their carrers, they only know of guys from other players really. If everyone on the Braves has nothing but good things to say about Snitker I don't see how that isn't on par with Black. It's not like Bud Black has this great resume, but we will see where they go. Seems there are like 4-5 guys in the running.

Aaron Blair with the best start in his career against a playoff contender, that's a hell of a statement to end the season, he and Wisler will fight for a rotation spot next season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123