Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Sorry but just to be sure, we can technically have bids that total over the $100 mi cap rightl?

Because in the rules thread, I saw this.

Team D Private Messages Shammy
    Bid on Lebron $38,000,000
    Bid on Curry $32,000,000
    Bid on Durant - $39,000,000
    That's technically over $100 mil. I see the rules 2 players but if it was say $55 mil to Lebron and $55 mil to Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Sorry but just to be sure, we can technically have bids that total over the $100 mi cap rightl?

Because in the rules thread, I saw this.

That's technically over $100 mil. I see the rules 2 players but if it was say $55 mil to Lebron and $55 mil to Curry?
    yeah thats fine

What if you win 3 or 4 bids? Do you get to choose who you want or how do we figure that out (widest gap between the bids, etc)? Can you also reject after you've won a bid?

What if you win 3 or 4 bids? Do you get to choose who you want or how do we figure that out (widest gap between the bids, etc)? Can you also reject after you've won a bid?
    Good questions. Since everyone is able to send in bids on every player, if someone sends in a bid like
    $55M for Lebron
    $50M for Durant
    $48M for Curry
    $40M for Leonard

Let's say they win the bid for all of the players. The GM will get Lebron because that was the highest bid there. Since they only have $45M in cap space left, they can't get their bids for Durant or Curry because it puts them over the cap. But, since the bid for Leonard was the highest and did not put them over the cap, then they are granted Lebron and Leonard.

At that point, they have spent $95,000,000 on Lebron and Leonard and only have $5,000,000 in cap space. They must fill out a 10-man roster, either drafting dirt-cheap players or trading one of Lebron/Leonard after the snake-draft is set.

As far as forfeiting/rejecting a player after winning them with the bid, nope you have to take that player because you put a bid on that player. You either keep him or trade him later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Good questions. Since everyone is able to send in bids on every player, if someone sends in a bid like
    $55M for Lebron
    $50M for Durant
    $48M for Curry
    $40M for Leonard

Let's say they win the bid for all of the players. The GM will get Lebron because that was the highest bid there. Since they only have $45M in cap space left, they can't get their bids for Durant or Curry because it puts them over the cap. But, since the bid for Leonard was the highest and did not put them over the cap, then they are granted Lebron and Leonard.

At that point, they have spent $95,000,000 on Lebron and Leonard and only have $5,000,000 in cap space. They must fill out a 10-man roster, either drafting dirt-cheap players or trading one of Lebron/Leonard after the snake-draft is set.

As far as forfeiting/rejecting a player after winning them with the bid, nope you have to take that player because you put a bid on that player. You either keep him or trade him later in the game.
    What if in your scenario, they bid $55 mil on Lebron and Curry (or whoever) and win both but can only have 1 due to cap restrictions? Do you pick then or is it based on the wider gap (with the 2nd best bid)?

What if in your scenario, they bid $55 mil on Lebron and Curry (or whoever) and win both but can only have 1 due to cap restrictions? Do you pick then or is it based on the wider gap (with the 2nd best bid)?
    I think it's most fair to give them the player where there was the widest gap between their bid and the second highest

Lebron $55M, second highest $54

Curry $55M, second highest $50

the GM will get Stephen Curry because there was another GM that valued Lebron similarly

I think it's most fair to give them the player where there was the widest gap between their bid and the second highest

Lebron $55M, second highest $54

Curry $55M, second highest $50

the GM will get Stephen Curry because there was another GM that valued Lebron similarly
    I think the GM should be able to choose the player (inform the winning GM but keep other votes anonymous until they decide so it doesn't affect who gets the other player).

If the 2nd best bid is pretty close, that would most likely mean that player is better, meaning the winning GM would more than likely want that player. I'd be pretty mad if I got Curry in that scenario when Lebron is the better player.

I think the GM should be able to choose the player (inform the winning GM but keep other votes anonymous until they decide so it doesn't affect who gets the other player).

If the 2nd best bid is pretty close, that would most likely mean that player is better, meaning the winning GM would more than likely want that player. I'd be pretty mad if I got Curry in that scenario when Lebron is the better player.
    You can easily tell me who you want more by making their bids non-identical. If you prefer Lebron, make it $55,000,001 and leave Curry at $55,000,000.

Then I'd have to bid $39,999,999 on Kawhi and it would suck if someone bid $40 mil.

Also, what if you tie with someone else?

Then I'd have to bid $39,999,999 on Kawhi and it would suck if someone bid $40 mil.

Also, what if you tie with someone else?
    Then bid $40,000,001

nobodies making you bid exact even numbers, bid $48,962,751 if you want.

If somebody ties with someone else then we'll have those two teams send in one more bid each greater than the tied bid and whichever is higher it will go to that person

Then bid $40,000,001

nobodies making you bid exact even numbers, bid $48,962,751 if you want.

If somebody ties with someone else then we'll have those two teams send in one more bid each greater than the tied bid and whichever is higher it will go to that person
    Well in that scenario, I'd have to bid the $39,999,999 to make Kawhi fit under the $100 mil. But guess that's not a big deal.

If there's a "bid-off" for say Lebron at $55 mil and also won Kawhi at $40 mil, I assume the Kawhi pick won't lock in until after the bid-off correct? I would probably prefer to bid $65 mi to ensure I win Lebron but wouldn't be able to do that if the Kawhi pick is locked into my salary (since I'd have $60 mil to spend).

Can we increase the # of players available per auction group or something? As currently structured, the auction part will take like 11 days to complete. That's going to be extremely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Can we increase the # of players available per auction group or something? As currently structured, the auction part will take like 11 days to complete. That's going to be extremely boring.
    if everybody sends in bids then it can go faster, the point of the auction game is not to have it take only two days

if everybody sends in bids then it can go faster, the point of the auction game is not to have it take only two days
    And if they don't? It'll be 11 days for what technically are the first 2 rounds. That's like saying, if everyone made their picks fast it can go faster, doesn't always work like that but atleast there's a clock running. 24 hour periods per auction group? Sweet baby jesus that's going to be boring.

Yea it really should go faster, why not double or at least do 6 players at a time? There's little action during this process, it's gonna take too long. It should take a week max. Although I must say I'm excited to see how the auctions play out.
    Would you rather have your local WNBA team win a championship this year, or find 5 dollars on the ground? 🤔

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast