Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Do the regular redraft and run this next time or maybe in a sub forum game to test it out.
    Sub forum games are not run anymore. And why not run it this time if you want to do it next time? I don't see why everyone should be opposed to making a twist to the game (it's also been mentioned before by multiple users about having an auction game too, so it's not just me)

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Sub forum games are not run anymore. And why not run it this time if you want to do it next time? I don't see why everyone should be opposed to making a twist to the game (it's also been mentioned before by multiple users about having an auction game too, so it's not just me)
    Well it seems like only the minority only want it run.

I wouldn't even have joined if I knew that we were running under these set of rules.

I just think it's stupid to allow a team to have the ability to bid on both LeBron and Curry, regardless of how much of their cap it eats up. Under no scenario, should a team be allowed to do such a thing. In a regular redraft, you'd have to trade your 2/3/4 for a 1/5/6/ in order to draft two good players. In an auction, not only could you get two solid players, but you'll also be able to draft from 3-10 and get even more. I just think that it's going to create WAY too much disparity between the teams and GM's will eventually lose interest. It's an interesting idea, but I've never had a problem with regular redrafts. They've always been fun, which is why most of us keep signing up every year to participate in these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Yeah every team will be able to internally think about bidding on a handful of players at a time
    For sure when you posted that list of top 10 at each position I thought that was the list for the first round of bidding. 50 players per round would been crazy.

Maybe do a vote on which redraft we do?

Questions, Criticisms, Comments, Concerns Thread

I thought this was a pretty cool twist personally. It allows everyone the chance at the top players and adds another dynamic for gms to separate themselves. I am fine with whatever but would rather try this.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    I just think it's stupid to allow a team to have the ability to bid on both LeBron and Curry, regardless of how much of their cap it eats up. Under no scenario, should a team be allowed to do such a thing. In a regular redraft, you'd have to trade your 2/3/4 for a 1/5/6/ in order to draft two good players. In an auction, not only could you get two solid players, but you'll also be able to draft from 3-10 and get even more. I just think that it's going to create WAY too much disparity between the teams and GM's will eventually lose interest. It's an interesting idea, but I've never had a problem with regular redrafts. They've always been fun, which is why most of us keep signing up every year to participate in these things.
    While technically it is possible for a GM to get two players like Lebron/Curry - that is ultimately up to all of the GMs in identifying how valuable certain guys are. If a GM values Lebron/Curry at $45,000,000 a piece, and nobody else in the league (meaning, the other 24+ GMs) didn't value either one of them at $45,000,001 then the league collectively didn't value them as much as a single GM.

It's not me giving a GM the ability to get both, it is the other 24+ GMs that gave him that opportunity. Then, it is up to the GM to get 8 players valued at less than $10,000,000 to fill out a roster. Meaning he'd be left with something like this, a list of complete nobodies.

Stephen Curry
    Anthony Bennet $1,015,696
    Lebron James
    Bobby Portis $1,404,600
    Christian Wood $874,636

and bench players even worse. That above is already $93,294,932 for a cap hit. Only $6,705,068 to fill out their bench. In the playoffs (if they made it), if just one of Curry/Lebron are in foul trouble they lose a game.

Even bums like Richard Jefferson $2,500,000 cost that much.
    Last edited by Shammyguy3; 09-07-2016 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Well it seems like only the minority only want it run.

I wouldn't even have joined if I knew that we were running under these set of rules.
    it seems it's split half and half actually

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I thought this was a pretty cool twist personally. It allows everyone the chance at the top players and adds another dynamic for gms to separate themselves. I am fine with whatever but would rather try this.
    that's what i expected everyone's reactions to be. Ebbs retired, heard of the new rules and came back for a new challenge lol

I think you are vastly undervaluing what lebron and curry will go for. I don't think its possible to outbid 20 whatever teams twice for the top two guys. Plus as shammy pointed out even if you got them the rest of your team would be really bad

At first I shared your sentiments but after some thought I highly doubt it will happen. First, there are over 20 teams bidding. There is a 0% chance 1 team bids high enough to get both Bron and Curry and still have enough salary to fill a team of more than min. Salary players.

I actually think it will create more parity.

i don't want ppl quitting after the auction if they think it's dumb, then we end up having like 14 gms left. I think doing a regular redraft is safest...

doing the auction then having ppl quit would be a huge waste of everyones time

I Like the auction snake style

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    i don't want ppl quitting after the auction if they think it's dumb, then we end up having like 14 gms left. I think doing a regular redraft is safest...

doing the auction then having ppl quit would be a huge waste of everyones time
    If people are gonna quit then **** them honestly

The auction is worth a try. I just skimmed through the rules real quick and I think the way Shammy has it set up everything will be fine. Auctioning off the first two rounds of players and then drafting the rest is different from what I was initially expecting, but I think it could work.

I have no idea how someone can say that this takes less skill. Relying on the luck of getting a top 6-8 pick is not skill, which is what you need to win a regular NBA RD. With this everyone has the same exact chance to win as everyone else, so no excuses. If you suck, you suck. If you win, it's because you were better.

And I couldn't agree more with Shammy's post above this. If people start quitting because they built a terrible team, they shouldn't be in this game anyway.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast