Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Questions, Criticisms, Comments, Concerns Thread

If any clarifications or worries are needed please post them here!

So when it says heavy hard cap but no trading restrictions does that mean at the end we have to be below 100 Mil but throughout the game we can go over?

Lets say we have 5 bids out and win 3 (or more) in the auction, how is it chosen which players we actually get? Up to us to just pick 2 and the other goes to next highest bidder?

Do all players not taken in the auction get drafted with their current NBA salary as of today (and what site will we use)? Also will draft order be random or based on something in the Auction (like most cap space left or something)?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    So when it says heavy hard cap but no trading restrictions does that mean at the end we have to be below 100 Mil but throughout the game we can go over?
    You can NEVER go over the hard cap
    Lets say we have 5 bids out and win 3 (or more) in the auction, how is it chosen which players we actually get? Up to us to just pick 2 and the other goes to next highest bidder?
    We won't have that many players at the same time, two to four at most per auction. And the likelihood of someone winning three auctions at the same is impossible because of the number of teams we will have, and the risk GMs would take if they have only 20M in cap space for 7 roster spots ya know?

Do all players not taken in the auction get drafted with their current NBA salary as of today (and what site will we use)? Also will draft order be random or based on something in the Auction (like most cap space left or something)?
    I was gonna ask everyone this first question. Draft order will be based on most cap space yes; going down to the least amount. I should put that in the actual rules thread thanks for pointing that out

Regular redraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Regular redraft.
    Boring

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Boring
    I've never found them boring. Plus it's entertaining, you have to strategize according to the picks and trades you make. The fact that anyone can bid high for two players and win them then pick up good cheap players in the next rounds is pretty meh in my book but I'm in this either way.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    I've never found them boring. Plus it's entertaining, you have to strategize according to the picks and trades you make. The fact that anyone can bid high for two players and win them then pick up good cheap players in the next rounds is pretty meh in my book but I'm in this either way.
    Not true - if you waste $80,000,000 of your payroll on two players the rest of your team will suck; also - how is there not any strategy involved in this game? It's simply HARDER, and it evens the playing field because every GM is given the chance to value the top players in the game. In a regular Redraft, Lebron doesn't fall past 2, 3 if you're crazy. Curry won't fall past 3/4, Durant past 3/4, Leonard/Paul/Davis/Westy all in the top-8.

But now, you can have 20 GMs compete for one player and see who values who more. So, you have to have a strategy for how valuable a top-heavy team is (insert two superstar guys, and 8 cheap players to fill out the rest of your roster just to stay under the cap), while having maybe one superstar, and a top-30ish player with a much better balanced team....

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Not true - if you waste $80,000,000 of your payroll on two players the rest of your team will suck; also - how is there not any strategy involved in this game? It's simply HARDER, and it evens the playing field because every GM is given the chance to value the top players in the game. In a regular Redraft, Lebron doesn't fall past 2, 3 if you're crazy. Curry won't fall past 3/4, Durant past 3/4, Leonard/Paul/Davis/Westy all in the top-8.

But now, you can have 20 GMs compete for one player and see who values who more. So, you have to have a strategy for how valuable a top-heavy team is (insert two superstar guys, and 8 cheap players to fill out the rest of your roster just to stay under the cap), while having maybe one superstar, and a top-30ish player with a much better balanced team....
    Not true. A team can value LeBron at $40M, Melo at $20M and then get a good draft spot and pick up Towns and other cheap players. Plus it makes the whole "hard cap" thing a moot point. Like I said, I'd rather a regular redraft where it's more of an even playing field but I'm still in this either way. Just think that the auction thing will cause way too much disparity between the teams and people will eventually lose interest. If it's auction in the 1st round, that would make more sense, but two players? Meh.

Agree on the regular RD. This doesn't seem very skillful to be honest.
    Travis Zajac #19

GP 2
    G 2
    A 0
    P 2
    +/- +2
    Face off % 54.3
    SOG 7
    TOI 20:02

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Not true. A team can value LeBron at $40M, Melo at $20M and then get a good draft spot and pick up Towns and other cheap players. Plus it makes the whole "hard cap" thing a moot point. Like I said, I'd rather a regular redraft where it's more of an even playing field but I'm still in this either way. Just think that the auction thing will cause way too much disparity between the teams and people will eventually lose interest. If it's auction in the 1st round, that would make more sense, but two players? Meh.
    Melo will not be had for only $20,000,000, and if you pair Melo with Lebron that doesn't clinch a win.

The disparity between teams will happen regardless because you will have good teams and bad, especially in a regular redraft where teams cannot compete around Kyle Lowry - Paul Millsap versus Lebron/+ two other top 50 players.

Quote Originally Posted by jakub View Post
    Agree on the regular RD. This doesn't seem very skillful to be honest.
    We shall see

I wouldn't mind the new draft style, but I was expecting regular RD. The new way seems interesting to me, but I'll roll with the majority if thats what everyone wants.

no chatzies sucks

Ok, I'm confused. You can only win two people from the auctions and we're drafting the rest? (We should do regular, I think this will be a mess.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Ok, I'm confused. You can only win two people from the auctions and we're drafting the rest? (We should do regular, I think this will be a mess.)
    You can win 2, 1, or 0. I just edited the rules to further clarify even before i saw this post.

To simplify for explanation, say these are the teams
    Ebbs
    Sadds
    Player
    Nick

Ebbs wins two players through the auction
    Sadds and Player 1 through the auction
    Nick did not win any

Nick will get first draft choice. Then, at that point Nick, Sadds, Player all have one player on their team. The order at that point will be determined by amount of cap left (more cap space is the tiebreaker). Say Sadds has the most cap space and Player the least

Sadds picks
    Nick picks
    Player picks

now Ebbs, Sadds, Nick, Player all have the same number of players. Again draft order will be based on total cap space. Say Player has the most cap space now, Sadds next, Nick next, Ebbs next. The snakedraft order is set because all teams in the league have the same number of players.

Draft order:

Player
    Sadds
    Nick
    Ebbs
    Ebbs
    Nick
    Sadds
    Player
    Player
    Sadds
    Nick
    Ebbs
    etc

Ok so follow up question.

I get two guys in the auction but have 80 mill left in cap.

sadds, nick, and player all drafted two players but they all have less cap.

I'd pick first once we all had two guys correct?

Regular redraft would be so much easier/better.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast