Confidence Points in NFL Pick'em
Confidence Points are used to give a different weight to each game in a given week. You'll assign a point value (from 1 to 16 if there are 16 games, 1 to 14 if there are 14 games, etc. during the regular season) to each game based on how strongly you feel about the accuracy of your selection. If your selection is correct, you'll receive points equal to the confidence-point value you associated with that game.
So, if you pick Denver to beat Carolina and assign the game a confidence point value of 16, you'd get 16 points for a correct pick, but no points if Carolina wins. You don't lose points for an incorrect selection.
Each week's points will be tallied, and the player finishing with the highest total at the end of the week will be the winner. There will also be an overall winner.
Each confidence point value may be used only once per week. So, during a 16-game week, after you have assigned 16 points to a game, your next highest available value is 15 points.
A special schedule of Confidence Points will be available during the playoffs, as follows:
In Playoff Weeks 1 and 2 (4 games each), the options will be 4, 8, 12, and 16 points
In Playoff Week 3 (2 games), the options will be 8 and 16 points
In Playoff Week 4 (1 game), the option will be 16 points
This provides for a total of 120 possible points throughout the playoffs.
Tiebreaker rules on weekly ties for NFL Pick'em
In any week where two or more players finish with the same number of points, here's the system that'll be used to break the tie:
1. Closest to the total points for the first selected game
2. Closest to the home team points for the first selected game
3. Closest to the away team points for the first selected game
4. Closest to the total points for the second selected game
5. Closest to the home team points for the second selected game
6. Closest to the away team points for the second selected game
7. Closest to the highest scoring team of the week
8. Closest to the lowest scoring team of the week
9. Whichever player had more points in the previous week (or the week before that if still tied, etc.)
Please use the user name you're using here on PSD for your Pick Set Name. 1 entry per person.
Norm will be giving away an autographed Brett Favre football to the 1st place overall winner.
17. Chi-Town Cubs25
26. Peace Sells
27. Sadds The Gr8
34. Red Sky
37. da ThRONe
38. American G
39. Melanie gal