Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Better app, more social media presence, and make the forums more noticeable on home page.
    Most of that is up to SDI, but we will ask questions and get some clarity. One of the things I've heard since joining staff is that SDI abandoned the mobile app when they installed Tapatalk, but if we have a lot of people asking for one, it would make sense to try and develop something.

As for social media, they control all of those accounts.

thanks for making this thread. I don't know if you can bring back this forum but it a lot better attitude then we had in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

How about removing silly "infraction rules" for individual posters like:

Poster A must put Poster B on ignore because Poster A reported Poster B for a racial slur.

Or.

Poster A must turn off signatures because Poster A was concerned for the health and safety of users with photosensitive epilepsy - a very real health condition?

Proper moderation and/or administration does not lead to such a silly need to micromanage users.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 08-22-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Better enforcement of the rules

16. Trolling - 2 infraction points
    Please do not go in to any forum and post comments that are primarily intended to get a negative reaction or antagonize another poster. The trolling rules will be enforced in both the sports forums and the discussion forums. An example of trolling a sports forum would be going in to competitorís team forum to boast about your team or trash their team.

17. Disruptive Behavior - 2 infraction points
    Anything that appears designed to disrupt the peace and flow of the forum including personal attacks, hijacking/derailing threads and disagreeing just to cause fights will count as disruptive behavior.
    Please keep threads on topic. We have an off topic forum where you can talk about whatever you want, but it is important to the flow of the forums that threads remain on topic. Posts that derail a thread will be looked at as off-topic and disruptive.
    This is what's happening in the Dodger forum
    Quote Originally Posted by futurefailedgm View Post
    I read post yesterday about why this forum is a joke and people said it was because others argue from a sabre-metric point of view or something like that- well, I think it is because most of the people on here are A-holes. I will not be using this ****** site any longer. Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    It's been real, fellas, but I'm out. There's almost no baseball talk in here anymore. There's almost no positivity. Almost no rooting for "our" team.
    Just a bunch of people trying to turn everything into an "us vs. them" argument.

Words directly from the mouths of users who are expressing their dissatisfaction with the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    The Dodger forum has been becoming more and more toxic.

I've messaged our forum mod about this about this on more than one occasion. Asking for, as spliff has brought up, consistent enforcement of the rules. To clean that mess up, what needs to happen is a blanket warning to all users, followed by a couple of consistent warnings so users know what is crossing the line (because as of now, there is no line), then infractions need to be given out.

Unfortunately, the reaction from the mod has amounted to crickets.

Less naked ladies on the front page. I don't know why this has become PSD's focus, but it's pretty awkward to go to PSD's homepage at work...

Clear the ban list. It'd be pretty easy to re-ban any members that came back and caused trouble. The site lost a lot of great contributors over the years for absolutely ridiculous, trivial reasons that led to perma bans.

Do away with the infraction points system. It's nonsensical.

And has already been mentioned, some giveaways and stuff certainly wouldn't hurt.

It's genuinely nice to see some actual effort towards this, even in the desperate fashion it's being presented. This place is, and has been allowed to become, a ghost town.

I think infraction points should expire after a certain amount of time. Heck I have infractions from years ago and haven't had one since and they are sitting there for me to make one mistake to be permabanned.

The app needs alot of work. I use the app alot.

PSD was great back in the day and active because it was more laid back and lenient until the mods started to crack down on for every little thing, closing threads and banning people. Not saying to let all hell break loose, but being a little more lenient might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    ^^^This^^^

If the mobile app was better, I'd feel it could give an uptick in activity. A more superior mobile app would be my #1.

Tapatalk is cool, but it's not for everyone.
    Tapatalk would be a lot cooler if it didn't get broken when the site was hacked months ago.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post

Poster A must put Poster B on ignore because Poster A reported Poster B for a racial slur.

Or.

Poster A must turn off signatures because Poster A was concerned for the health and safety of users with photosensitive epilepsy - a very real health condition?

Proper moderation and/or administration does not lead to such a silly need to micromanage users.
    Wow. You're still hung up on that gif thing?

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I don't think simply adding activity is going to help. In the 6+ years I've been here I've seen the quality of posters go down. When I first came in posters were willing to discussion things and keep it calm. post and counter-post were made using facts and some kind of research. It seems like too many people now want to just throw something out there and then use the defense "well that's my opinion" when someone actually brings research into it to show their "opinion" is flawed.

The challenge is I don't know how you get more quality posters active in the forums
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Like any forum out there, the time will come where people just lose interest. I don't think PSD does a great job of getting users but maybe work with Bleacher Report to grab some users? I really don't know. The contest thing might be a good idea. Maybe $100 towards a ticket for a sports game of your choice? And Idk about doing away with the infractions thing. I've gotten infractions multiple times and it's 100% because of my negligence. Important that trolls get banned.

How can we improve activity on PSD?

Bring the most consistently active forum with the loyalest members on the site the wrestling forum to the top !

On a serious note daily fantasy contest. It's huge jump on the wave and get in

I had mentioned podcast as well in a separate thread. But a stronger social media in general

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post

Or.

If people can't be civil towards one another and can't help but respond to their posts, then this is necessary. Not only does it stop the bickering, but it makes for a better experience for other users as they don't have to read the constant fighting, baiting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Better enforcement of the rules

This is what's happening in the Dodger forum

Words directly from the mouths of users who are expressing their dissatisfaction with the site.
    I can pop in the Dodgers forum from time to time just to check in and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Less naked ladies on the front page. I don't know why this has become PSD's focus, but it's pretty awkward to go to PSD's homepage at work...
    I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about this since it's probably a money generator, but I do agree it does make it awkward at work.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Clear the ban list. It'd be pretty easy to re-ban any members that came back and caused trouble. The site lost a lot of great contributors over the years for absolutely ridiculous, trivial reasons that led to perma bans.

Do away with the infraction points system. It's nonsensical.

And has already been mentioned, some giveaways and stuff certainly wouldn't hurt.

It's genuinely nice to see some actual effort towards this, even in the desperate fashion it's being presented. This place is, and has been allowed to become, a ghost town.
    Clearing the ban list is for sure something that will not be done.

If we did without the infraction point system, what would you propose an alternative? I do think the point system is better than what we had previously which was mods coming up with bans based on prior history.

Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    I think infraction points should expire after a certain amount of time. Heck I have infractions from years ago and haven't had one since and they are sitting there for me to make one mistake to be permabanned.

The app needs alot of work. I use the app alot.

PSD was great back in the day and active because it was more laid back and lenient until the mods started to crack down on for every little thing, closing threads and banning people. Not saying to let all hell break loose, but being a little more lenient might help.
    As other mods have said, I do think we have been more lenient than before. To me, it seems we haven't banned as many users recently. We really do consider history.

If someone hasn't had an infraction or warning in several months or years, then we may be more opt to give them the benefit of the doubt and give them an informal warning or official warning rather than an infraction. But at the same time, if someone has made multiple offenses in a short amount of time, we likely won't be giving them any leniency.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast