Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    They are going to look into the time issue Monday.

Also, if I look at the past 30 days of posts compared to the same dates from 2016 into 2017, there are on average about 500-1000 posts more per day now versus last year. So yeah, kudos to everyone for sticking around despite this, but activity is actually up per post count stats.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    They are going to look into the time issue Monday.

Also, if I look at the past 30 days of posts compared to the same dates from 2016 into 2017, there are on average about 500-1000 posts more per day now versus last year. So yeah, kudos to everyone for sticking around despite this, but activity is actually up per post count stats.
    does that take into consideration spam posts deleted or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    does that take into consideration spam posts deleted or not?
    Spam bot posts are already deleted, and any deleted posts do not go into that number.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It is def pretty damn pathetic. This site is lucky it has retained any sort of member base between that and everything else.
    45 ppl with no friends.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-17-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

For the record, it's been a long time since any mod pissed me off. Can't speak for others but perhaps being more flexible has improved the quality of moderation and user satisfaction.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Spam bot posts are already deleted, and any deleted posts do not go into that number.
    There could still be some spam posts out there that haven't been deleted.

Either way though, that's surprising that the numbers are higher. Compared to 2006-2011ish though, these numbers probably pale in comparison.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

There could still be some spam posts out there that haven't been deleted.

Either way though, that's surprising that the numbers are higher. Compared to 2006-2011ish though, these numbers probably pale in comparison.
    You are talking like 1-5 posts, if that, because most users end up reporting the bots. It's a negligible number.

The high for this forum was likely 2009-2011 (I'd have to look back at some of the older statistics, but that was the prime days of forums) and I don't think we will ever get there again on any forum with social media the way it is, but it's nice to see a spike occur.

You are talking like 1-5 posts, if that, because most users end up reporting the bots. It's a negligible number.

The high for this forum was likely 2009-2011 (I'd have to look back at some of the older statistics, but that was the prime days of forums) and I don't think we will ever get there again on any forum with social media the way it is, but it's nice to see a spike occur.
    Oh I'm not trying to say these numbers aren't impressive (considering), I was just curious what posts are being counted. It's nice to see there's still discussion and possibly more than a year or two ago.

Oh I'm not trying to say these numbers aren't impressive (considering), I was just curious what posts are being counted. It's nice to see there's still discussion and possibly more than a year or two ago.
    Yeah, everything is counted. We have a couple posters who do a great job reporting the spam bots, so we take care of all of them.

Also KJ, I would like to thank you for starting that series of threads in the Entertainment forum for favorite movies by alphabet. We need more thread ideas like that in other forums, as well as the top positions that brewersfan255 started in the MLB forum, plus having a sim league helps as well (they recruited a few members from here for the league too.).

Also KJ, I would like to thank you for starting that series of threads in the Entertainment forum for favorite movies by alphabet. We need more thread ideas like that in other forums, as well as the top positions that brewersfan255 started in the MLB forum, plus having a sim league helps as well (they recruited a few members from here for the league too.).
    I was thinking of doing that in the Music Forum too for artists/bands.

Don't delete posts just for the hell of it?

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=933124

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Posts are not deleted for the hell of it. Discussing banned members in one of the sports forums is off-topic, and something we don't allow. This specific forum would be the place for it, if there is one.

Posts are not deleted for the hell of it. Discussing banned members in one of the sports forums is off-topic, and something we don't allow. This specific forum would be the place for it, if there is one.
    You specifically said we don't NEED to discuss them. Implying we can, but it is not necessary. Then proceeded to delete away.
    Which is it?

Again, you wonder why this place is slowly going to ****. There is zero leeway with some things. Why not just let it go? It's generating discussion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You are playing with words there. You and others know the intent behind them. People can discuss banned users in the appropriate forum. Any guests viewing the site- which there are plenty of- don't need to see our dirty laundry in the sports forums.

I asked for the thread to remain on topic. How difficult is that?

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast