Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Andrew was the original owner. I think he sold to SDI who put WrigleyBoy25 in charge. This was quite some time ago. I would guess around 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Andrew was the original owner. I think he sold to SDI who put WrigleyBoy25 in charge. This was quite some time ago. I would guess around 2007.
    Andrew had Wrigley running things before that. From what I've gathered from old mod forum posts, at one point both of them (separately) worked for SDI running the front page of the site. When Wrigley appointed SI and someone else as admins, that is when he began working for them. Now the front page is run by someone on the Covers team, and Rush and I are community managers essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Andrew had Wrigley running things before that. From what I've gathered from old mod forum posts, at one point both of them (separately) worked for SDI running the front page of the site. When Wrigley appointed SI and someone else as admins, that is when he began working for them. Now the front page is run by someone on the Covers team, and Rush and I are community managers essentially.
    are you the bad cop and rush is the good cop?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    are you the bad cop and rush is the good cop?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Od5-Fmf60

the only difference is both of them would make someone eat a plate of human **** lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    How long has this message board been here? Who made the very first post?

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Od5-Fmf60

the only difference is both of them would make someone eat a plate of human **** lol.
    You posted it before I could get to it lol

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    How long has this message board been here? Who made the very first post?
    I dont know who made the first post, but the membership join dates go back to 2004.

Fix the future post bull ****

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This site was booming like a decade ago. You guys just need to spam your favorite teams links on twitter. PSD twitter should be a very active poster spamming news links every couple minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    This site was booming like a decade ago. You guys just need to spam your favorite teams links on twitter. PSD twitter should be a very active poster spamming news links every couple minutes.
    I dunno who controls it but yes. Retweet news, when the news becomes a thread the retweet should have a “click here to discuss more”, send out scheduled tweets every hour on game days with Links to GDT for discussion. I follow about 4-5 other sites with forums that do this and their for their site.

PROCESSING

Even game day tweets of each teams and links to PSD. When I spam a link to Bucks forum I can get 50 to 100 unregistered guest any given time.

i am posting in this thread because it seems like the most relevant place. the past few days there has been an avalanche of threads created with the purpose i would assume of generating discussion. for me personally it is having the opposite effect. there are a small number of threads where ongoing discussions have been occurring and now when i log in i just see a litany of threads obscuring the ones where real discussion was occuring. i understand completely that waiting for users to create threads on a site where activity has been in serious decline for some time is something you want to address. but why can't you, say, add a thread every 3 days or something, something that seems a little more organic rather than forced. i would think the last thing you want is threads where real discussion is occurring to be buried at the bottom of the page or worse on page 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Yeah, I was just thinking there should be a limit to or some sort of criteria for creating threads. The number of not so necessary threads being made in a certain main forum over the last week def feels unnecessary and forced.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I hear ya. While we don't want to limit creating threads, it is a bit much to have that many in such small span and I can see how it can hinder discussion.

I brought it up with the mods to see what opinions they have.

I would agree that it would hinder the section if it was active but the mlb section was pretty dead anyways and not that much talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast