Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    I know the app needs some work. Can be buggy at times and other minor details that need improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    You start by banning the people who answer every question with "well I use the eye test and I say soandso is great".
    And then the people that think only stats matter.

Here's a good example of the type of thing that keeps new users from posting here:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...9#post31136309

No idea what is going on, certainly off topic. Ban both people.
    I knew this was going to be be me lol. Just say I want Norm banned instead of being coy.

I know I never bothered trying because the voting was subjective and the 'most popular' forum posters would therefore win every time.

I wouldn't even vote on the threads sometimes, because if I did I'd be harassed and interrogated in PMs demanding explanations for why I voted the way I did.
    Wow. This is the third thinly veiled post you made about me. What did I do? Seriously?
    Last edited by Norm; 08-26-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    ^ I'm not sure what laws we then become beholden to if we have it pay to play. That would be something we'd have to check on and I honestly have no idea if adding cash would increase or decrease activity.
    Most obvious answer is how do you verify age? You don't want to mess with underage people in case it looked like gambling.

I think it would get insanely heated too.

My suggestion which I posted in the other inactive area a year or so ago. I said to spam our PSD links of every teams and category on Twitter and any other sites like that. Maybe even facebook?

Un ban everyone from the NBA forum. Guys like crooner are lost souls floating around other message boards looking for a home.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    If you want more members and more activity on the forums, you could try setting up some sort of paypal account or something and give away $1000 a day to a random member.

Contests, Games, and active mods. I actually think u should mod more people. There are a ton of quality posters who would thrive in a leadership position. Not me. I was approached in the past and never wanted it. But definitely others.

Look...
    I am a sucker for this site. I have seen it at its best and its worst. I will post here till the bitter end. I just hope it gets more active again. There are pros and cons to an overly active forum... but I like it more dealing with the clowns when there is quality with the quantity.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I've seen some of the suggestions and here's what I think;

GIF's would be a no. They take too long to load on phones. I think it would actually lower activity in the forums. Videos would be fine as long as they don't auto play. Also would stop allowing any motion in sigs. People with no account/not logged in see everyone's sigs and sorry fellas, but if it doesn't load quick enough, close window, off to another site.

Some advertising of the site itself would help. It's an easy target market so no cost of market research would be needed. All of the 4 majors websites plus the traderumors sites would probably see a big boost.

Contests would be cool, but I don't know if that would increase anything or just reward current members.

Making the forums more noticeable on the front page. Perhaps a top 5 for each sport right under the news feed. In line with that, is it possible to put team specific forums on the home page?

Better moderation of the mains. I generally stay clear of the mains because of the crap threads. We don't need a million threads on the same topic with a different title every week.

More direction to the other forums such as entertainment, video games, food, science, etc. I wonder if most people even know these exist.

Get the titties off of the front page. Create a link to the girls or something like that. It's flipping ridiculous. I can't even open the site at home if my daughter or wife are at home because there's three sets of **** right on the news feed. This isn't the chive.

Stop alienating traditionalists. I honestly think most of them are gone. There is no eye test or opinion anymore. When analyzing/comparing players it has become a battle of analytics. And if you can't be bothered to learn about them (which is your right, you don't need to be familiar with them to watch and enjoy sports and root for your team) then you're basically forced out.

Don't ban people for talking about what the thread was intended to talk about. Religion, science and politics forums mostly.

Just my thoughts. I could probably have more but I don't have much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I knew this was going to be be me lol. Just say I want Norm banned instead of being coy.

Wow. This is the third thinly veiled post you made about me. What did I do? Seriously?
    I don't think you were ever one of the people who PM'd me making demands about voting in redrafts. Maybe you did, dunno.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Coming from the Raiders Forum, the most active of all your forums I might add, I think it is just right, however if you really want an idea or two here the are:

1. Create your own internal PSD Fantasy sports competitions.

2. Give away small prizes, say everyone who contributes in a forum for the week gets put into a drawing for a $20 gift card or a T-shirt or something.

3. See if you can get a current/retired Player or Coach or sports reporter etc. do a once a year visit to a forum where they answer questions for an hour.

4. Allow us (each forum) to vote someone out or back in once they've been sent to the Village of the Damned.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Coming from the Raiders Forum, the most active of all your forums I might add, I think it is just right, however if you really want an idea or two here the are:

2. Give away small prizes, say everyone who contributes in a forum for the week gets put into a drawing for a $20 gift card or a T-shirt or something.

3. See if you can get a current/retired Player or Coach or sports reporter etc. do a once a year visit to a forum where they answer questions for an hour.

4. Allow us (each forum) to vote someone out or back in once they've been sent to the Village of the Damned.
    I second this motion lol

these are all pretty good ideas I even like the vote in out for the village of the damned.

RIP Gene Wilder

I don't think you were ever one of the people who PM'd me making demands about voting in redrafts. Maybe you did, dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

Drop it guys. This isn't the place to discussing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post

In 2008 we had three former NFL players (Chris Calloway, Dorsey Levens, and Corey Miller) blogging for the NFL season here on PSD. They submitted one blog per week and we would interact with them.

We even had a contest where Corey Miller gave out a signed jersey to the best poster in one of his blogs. I'd love for us to go back to having former NFL players blogging here and to have them doing contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Soop View Post
    In 2008 we had three former NFL players (Chris Calloway, Dorsey Levens, and Corey Miller) blogging for the NFL season here on PSD. They submitted one blog per week and we would interact with them.

We even had a contest where Corey Miller gave out a signed jersey to the best poster in one of his blogs. I'd love for us to go back to having former NFL players blogging here and to have them doing contests.
    I forgot all about this, but it was pretty cool being able to interact with those guys.
    I'm pretty sure we also had blog posts written by some members which led to decent discussion points.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast