Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Clearing the ban list is for sure something that will not be done.
    oh really?

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

How about getting rid of useless mods that do nothing but troll?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Has anyone thought of allowing sponsored threads, and for them to get them there has to be give aways?

This other golf centric forum I'm on lets companies (Callaway, TaylorMade, Titliest, ect) do "ad threads" (like let Draft Kings have a thread to talk about sometime coming up) and in exchange they have to sponsor some type of give away (Using the DK example like $50 of free play)?

I think if PSD had a few giveaways from time to time more activity would come around.
    That's an interesting idea.

-Make MTM a Mod

-Let MTM make 20 dupes

-Watch MTM go to different areas and converse with himself

: )

**** that ****!

I really dont mind talking to myself... it just means I will always be right if I always argue against myself... Its a win/win... I feel better about myself and make new friends while PSD has more users

I would use all power ranger avatars and my dupes would be More-Then-Most1-19 and Biscuits9925 : )

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    -Make MTM a Mod

-Let MTM make 20 dupes

-Watch MTM go to different areas and converse with himself

: )
    if we each had 20 accounts we could make this place rock

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

allow rocket's mom jokes

There is one way... How about Mods in their own forums try to not play favorites to a degree.. What I mean by this is I visit other forums daily example right now the lakers forum and nomatter how many times I am in there and have a discussion with 0 baiting/gloating or anything it is meant with contempt/attitude and I am told to **** off to a degree or told to leave and basically am needed to walk on egg shells because others want you to suck their dick or **** off...

This notion that people from other team forums should stay in their own forums is ****ing moronic and ******** on so many levels and the posters in said forums get much more leeway to bait themselves over the fans from other teams even if they are in there discussing and not baiting.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    allow rocket's mom jokes
    This.

This site killed itself with poor moderation, letting their mods just ban and infract for absurd things over and over and eventually just lost too many users to recover.

It was a self cannibalization really, the people you had modding would be so infract happy, that users knew how to take advantage and just report report report report until they got their way.

I remember saying to Norm couple years ago about this, during Deflategate there was one Patriots fan, Green Monster, you would see log on, and within 5 or 10 minutes, some mod you never saw in the NFL forum magically would appear. He would literally log on, and first order of business would be to go look for things to report on. To find some way to be offended or "baited".

And this was behaviour fostered by guys like SF_Rush, LionsfanLol, DBroncos, because they would pass out infractions for the most ridiculous things. I dont even blame Green Monster for it, he just figured out how it works at PSD.

I remember saying, when will they realize how stupid this is, when there are no users left?

And here it is, its a wasteland of a once bustling forum. I went into the Eagles forum, and you go back 5 pages and your in 2014 posts?? Go into r/Eagles and go back 5 pages your if it gets you into yesterdays posts.

And SportsIllustrator, SfRush, Sly, LionsFanLol can all blame themselves for operating this place the way they did.

Heck, I figured this account was purged after I didnt log into it for years, so I made a new account in 2014 or so. They banned my new account saying "it was a dupe" There was no ill behaviour, it was a completely different IP since I moved cities and changed providers, yet it was a dupe?SF_Rush just decided to ban it as a dupe. So I logged into this account, surprised it still worked, and PM'ed him about it. Obviously it wasnt banned for being a dupe account for this account, and he had no answer, just a bunch of bs and eventually he just stopped replying.

Giving points back and lifting permabans? I asked them to take points off for the absolutely absurd, tame bs they gave infraction points for, and they said a firm no.
    I told SI that **** like this is going to kill this site.

Too little too late. How this site makes any revenue at all is beyond me. You guys drove away your all your users and can look at yourselves for not realizing that the heyday of this forum 10 years ago had long since passed, and you couldnt just ban ban ban and still have enough users to cover.

Eagles_Guy,

I appreciate your feedback. If you go back and read over this read, as well as the Moderation General thread, you will see some of the changes we are trying to make on the site. Obviously, activity isn't where it used to be, and banning of some users is a part of it. Another part of it is that forums aren't what they used to be anymore, having been replaced by social media and Reddit.

I will give you some cliff notes- every reported post has to have a moderator consensus before we take action on it. In the past, it seems that some mods dealt with things on their own, and part of that had to do with site activity being what it was. We've gone away from infraction-first, and are trying to issue more warnings, actively having users use the Ignore function and using infractions as a last resort.

Not really sure how much of the rest of your post I can answer, since a lot of it is complaints about the past, and quite frankly, things I didn't have control over. Myself, Rush and the rest of the mods welcome any and all feedback, but we'd like to see some thing that would be considered constructive.

Also, if you would like to have points removed from your account, see this thread- http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...Removal-Thread

EDIT: One thing I would like to see in some of the team forums is that we stop using catch-all threads. Philly fans are well-represented on PSD, as well as many other forums I've visited throughout the years. Eagles_Guy has a valid point about going back five pages and seeing threads from 2015. Create more threads for each discussion topic, and it will get more visibility, up to and including potentially new visitors to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles_Guy View Post
    This site killed itself with poor moderation, letting their mods just ban and infract for absurd things over and over and eventually just lost too many users to recover.

It was a self cannibalization really, the people you had modding would be so infract happy, that users knew how to take advantage and just report report report report until they got their way.

I remember saying to Norm couple years ago about this, during Deflategate there was one Patriots fan, Green Monster, you would see log on, and within 5 or 10 minutes, some mod you never saw in the NFL forum magically would appear. He would literally log on, and first order of business would be to go look for things to report on. To find some way to be offended or "baited".

And this was behaviour fostered by guys like SF_Rush, LionsfanLol, DBroncos, because they would pass out infractions for the most ridiculous things. I dont even blame Green Monster for it, he just figured out how it works at PSD.

I remember saying, when will they realize how stupid this is, when there are no users left?

And here it is, its a wasteland of a once bustling forum. I went into the Eagles forum, and you go back 5 pages and your in 2014 posts?? Go into r/Eagles and go back 5 pages your if it gets you into yesterdays posts.

And SportsIllustrator, SfRush, Sly, LionsFanLol can all blame themselves for operating this place the way they did.

Heck, I figured this account was purged after I didnt log into it for years, so I made a new account in 2014 or so. They banned my new account saying "it was a dupe" There was no ill behaviour, it was a completely different IP since I moved cities and changed providers, yet it was a dupe?SF_Rush just decided to ban it as a dupe. So I logged into this account, surprised it still worked, and PM'ed him about it. Obviously it wasnt banned for being a dupe account for this account, and he had no answer, just a bunch of bs and eventually he just stopped replying.

Giving points back and lifting permabans? I asked them to take points off for the absolutely absurd, tame bs they gave infraction points for, and they said a firm no.

Too little too late. How this site makes any revenue at all is beyond me. You guys drove away your all your users and can look at yourselves for not realizing that the heyday of this forum 10 years ago had long since passed, and you couldnt just ban ban ban and still have enough users to cover.
    We do not ban on a whim. We discuss the issue and collectively come to a decision. A moderator then completes the action- delete, warning, infraction, and/or ban. There is a system in the place that we follow and do not deter from it.

We admittedly were heavy handed in the past and noticed our error. Was it too late? Possibly. But we our under new leadership now want to try and fix that as much as we can. However, it's not entirely the mods fault. Posters should also conduct themselves appropriately.

As for you referencing me in the second half of your post...

I never received pm from you recently. So I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Also, you never asked to have your points removed since we implemented the five point removal announcement. There is a designated thread for it. We would have deducted five points from your account if you did post the request. If you would like them removed feel free to request it and we'll do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles_Guy View Post

A lot of truth in this post. Power hungry (and/or lazy) mods and crybaby, report post happy posters both played some part in killing PSD. Nothing like getting banned for calling an ignorant racist an ignorant racist or calling a troll a troll....or having bustling threads locked because the conversation got "too heated"....or mods that bend over backwards to protect their own no matter the scenario. This kind of stuff just fosters an environment where people feel they can't be themselves and say what they are really thinking.

SI was a horrible administrator (out of touch, impersonal, and simply not involved in the forums enough to have a proper feel for things) and should have been replaced years ago.

I don't think there's much of anything to do to attract new users at this point, as sites like this have been left in the dust. The best the new administrators can do is try to keep the users they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    A lot of truth in this post. Power hungry (and/or lazy) mods and crybaby, report post happy posters both played some part in killing PSD. Nothing like getting banned for calling an ignorant racist an ignorant racist or calling a troll a troll....or having bustling threads locked because the conversation got "too heated"....or mods that bend over backwards to protect their own no matter the scenario. This kind of stuff just fosters an environment where people feel they can't be themselves and say what they are really thinking.

SI was a horrible administrator (out of touch, impersonal, and simply not involved in the forums enough to have a proper feel for things) and should have been replaced years ago.

I don't think there's much of anything to do to attract new users at this point, as sites like this have been left in the dust. The best the new administrators can do is try to keep the users they already have.
    This is the truth, really it is. Forums are just dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast