Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127
Results 1,891 to 1,895 of 1895
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Kizer is more polished as a passer coming out. More accurate too. There is a reason why Kizer was projected a 1st round pick and Cook was not.
    Cook was projected 1st round by many even Dallas had him higher than Dak the guys on their own network stated it on a draft review show. Let's not have revisionist history. Dais ahead and doing great Cook never got the opportunity Dak did fact. Check out how much first team work he got all through Pre OTAs Camp etc. Garrett personally invested time in Dak. JDR or Musgrave probably never spoke with Cook.

Okay so let's look at Kizer and Cook as college QBs. Competition level? Passing accuracy? On what precise basis can we conclude Kizer is a better passer? Fact is Kizers admirers were always size and build advocates he looks the prototype was consistently the first plus any scout had. Kizer achieved nothing in College he's all speculative potential. His upside is high but it's a lot projection. Best thing in his favour is Browns are desperate, there's no DC in front of him and Hugh can develop a QB. At the QB position more than any other it's about where they land.

Cooks issue has been questions over his likeability. He's seen as a loner not a team guy. Raiders haven't mentioned it as an issue. It's never been a question of his poise or arm talent. Go watch what Gruden said about him his problem was too much confidence at times.

Let's all start judging rookies 3 yrs down the road (unless they get cut from NFL earlier of course). Not in OTAs, pre season or one off unprepared play off games.

Kizer is more polished as a passer coming out. More accurate too. There is a reason why Kizer was projected a 1st round pick and Cook was not.
    That very much depends on whom you talk to sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Cook was projected 1st round by many even Dallas had him higher than Dak the guys on their own network stated it on a draft review show. Let's not have revisionist history. Dais ahead and doing great Cook never got the opportunity Dak did fact. Check out how much first team work he got all through Pre OTAs Camp etc. Garrett personally invested time in Dak. JDR or Musgrave probably never spoke with Cook.

Okay so let's look at Kizer and Cook as college QBs. Competition level? Passing accuracy? On what precise basis can we conclude Kizer is a better passer? Fact is Kizers admirers were always size and build advocates he looks the prototype was consistently the first plus any scout had. Kizer achieved nothing in College he's all speculative potential. His upside is high but it's a lot projection. Best thing in his favour is Browns are desperate, there's no DC in front of him and Hugh can develop a QB. At the QB position more than any other it's about where they land.

Cooks issue has been questions over his likeability. He's seen as a loner not a team guy. Raiders haven't mentioned it as an issue. It's never been a question of his poise or arm talent. Go watch what Gruden said about him his problem was too much confidence at times.

Let's all start judging rookies 3 yrs down the road (unless they get cut from NFL earlier of course). Not in OTAs, pre season or one off unprepared play off games.
    Cook was not projected a 1st rounder. Dallas had him higher than Dak, and even wanted to trade up for him in the beginning of the 4th round before Oakland swooped him up, but that doesn't mean he was a projected 1st round pick. Nobody knew Dak was going to turn out the way he did. Not even Dallas. Dak got the opportunity because Romo was hurt. I'm sure if Carr went down, Cook would get the same opportunity.

What players achieve in college means nothing to me. Tim Tebow won the heisman for crying out loud. How did that work out? I judge college players how they project for the pros, not what they did in college. I think Kizer's overall skill set is superior than Cooks. He can make every throw on the field and has that poise teams look for in a QB.

Cook was not projected a 1st rounder. Dallas had him higher than Dak, and even wanted to trade up for him in the beginning of the 4th round before Oakland swooped him up, but that doesn't mean he was a projected 1st round pick. Nobody knew Dak was going to turn out the way he did. Not even Dallas. Dak got the opportunity because Romo was hurt. I'm sure if Carr went down, Cook would get the same opportunity.

What players achieve in college means nothing to me. Tim Tebow won the heisman for crying out loud. How did that work out? I judge college players how they project for the pros, not what they did in college. I think Kizer's overall skill set is superior than Cooks. He can make every throw on the field and has that poise teams look for in a QB.
    Cook was projected as a first round pick as far back as his Junior year as I recall I believe several mocks had him top 20 at one point. I remember some draft breakdown guys had him no1 QB as Wentz and Goff seen as less proven. I'm not knocking Kizer he went too high for my money but I hope kid does great. Btw Cook can make any throw Kizer can and there's tape showing him doing it including NFL. Let's see how they both develop I expect both can play in NFL eventually.

It's unrealistic to judge Cook after what we've seen so far but let's not forget how highly touted he was just because he fell so far in the draft.

Re Tebow comment that's silly Cook played in a pro style offence and was making 20+ downfield throws throughout college career. Tebow was never a pro style QB and seen as a massive development project. No comparison.
    Last edited by Inspector; 06-04-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Cook was projected as a first round pick as far back as his Junior year as I recall I believe several mocks had him top 20 at one point. I remember some draft breakdown guys had him no1 QB as Wentz and Goff seen as less proven. I'm not knocking Kizer he went too high for my money but I hope kid does great. Btw Cook can make any throw Kizer can and there's tape showing him doing it including NFL. Let's see how they both develop I expect both can play in NFL eventually.

It's unrealistic to judge Cook after what we've seen so far but let's not forget how highly touted he was just because he fell so far in the draft.

Re Tebow comment that's silly Cook played in a pro style offence and was making 20+ downfield throws throughout college career. Tebow was never a pro style QB and seen as a massive development project. No comparison.