Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 127 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1895
    I'm not crazy about Glenn Dorsey jr.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Cant see Reggie drafting a guy in the drug program. On to the next one.
    This

Not only did he fail a drug test but he was also kicked out of the combine. Only one word comes to mind. Idiot

There is also talk how he loves to party.. he's a disaster waiting to happen, especially if he's in Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    This

Not only did he fail a drug test but he was also kicked out of the combine. Only one word comes to mind. Idiot

There is also talk how he loves to party.. he's a disaster waiting to happen, especially if he's in Vegas
    Reminds me of a certain Alabama Linebacker we once employed in recent history. #Rolltide or #gotrolledtide? What a kook.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Path to the Draft on NFLN just said Jonathan Allen could slide to bottom of 1st round. If he does and he's there at 24, I would probably snap both ankles running card to podium...
    Why would he drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    Why would he drop?
    You tell me. I have heard rumblings of a shoulder issue. But Leonard Wiiliams went 6th overall in 2015 with same rumor.

With a QB driven league, Browns could trade up from 12, Cards from 13th, Jets take Watson at 6, if another team doesn't take him. Chiefs, Texans, Pittsburgh, Giants, could try to trade up for QB, too.

So, I think 4 QB's could go in the 1st, but probably not likely.

Garrett going # 1 overall is only set in stone pick. 49ers could go QB, S, CB, or even Fournette.

Bears could go S, CB, DL(Allen) or trade out to team wanting aQB.

Jags are Jags and could go QB(Collinsworth made a very good argument for them taking Watson, but I don't think they do), S, CB, OT, TE(think Howard is a very real possibility).

Titans, I think, go WR, if they don't trade down.

Jets take Watson if he's there.

Chargers could go S, QB, DL, OT.

Panthers need an OT to keep Newton upright, or a RB to take some pressure off of him.

Bengals could go LB, WR, DE, OL.

Bills could use QB, OL, CB, DL.

So Allen could fall outta the top-10 and its not inconceiveable he does. But that means there's only 13 more picks need to not be him.

I don't see him getting outta top-10, though. :-/

You tell me. I have heard rumblings of a shoulder issue. But Leonard Wiiliams went 6th overall in 2015 with same rumor.

With a QB driven league, Browns could trade up from 12, Cards from 13th, Jets take Watson at 6, if another team doesn't take him. Chiefs, Texans, Pittsburgh, Giants, could try to trade up for QB, too.

So, I think 4 QB's could go in the 1st, but probably not likely.

Garrett going # 1 overall is only set in stone pick. 49ers could go QB, S, CB, or even Fournette.

Bears could go S, CB, DL(Allen) or trade out to team wanting aQB.

Jags are Jags and could go QB(Collinsworth made a very good argument for them taking Watson, but I don't think they do), S, CB, OT, TE(think Howard is a very real possibility).

Titans, I think, go WR, if they don't trade down.

Jets take Watson if he's there.

Chargers could go S, QB, DL, OT.

Panthers need an OT to keep Newton upright, or a RB to take some pressure off of him.

Bengals could go LB, WR, DE, OL.

Bills could use QB, OL, CB, DL.

So Allen could fall outta the top-10 and its not inconceiveable he does. But that means there's only 13 more picks need to not be him.

I don't see him getting outta top-10, though. :-/
    There are also reports that despite having a good college career that teams are hesitant on his ability to be a good player in the NFL. He has a high floor and teams think he will be a descent NFL player for a handful of years but word around the league is that a lot of teams doubt he has the ability to be a true play maker that a early and mid first round player should be. Getting a 8 year starting who is average is a good thing to have in the NFL but are you going to take a guy early round 1 who can have a ok but long career who a guy that can be a franchise changing level player.

Never Forget

Was just watching a draft show and couldn't help think that Allen would be a great fit on our team. I'd even consider trading up for him if he fell to late teens.

I think foster having that schedule conflict really hurts us now that he might fall. Would have been nice to get a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    There are also reports that despite having a good college career that teams are hesitant on his ability to be a good player in the NFL. He has a high floor and teams think he will be a descent NFL player for a handful of years but word around the league is that a lot of teams doubt he has the ability to be a true play maker that a early and mid first round player should be. Getting a 8 year starting who is average is a good thing to have in the NFL but are you going to take a guy early round 1 who can have a ok but long career who a guy that can be a franchise changing level player.
    My point I was making is that 3-4 players with each pick could be a viable option.

Fournette, Allen, Hooker, Adams, Lattimore, Howard, Foster(think he has a real chance of falling like a 10 ton boulder now), Thomas, McCaffery(moreso in bottom of top-10), Watson, Trubisky, Robinson(think his ceiling is worth a top-5 selection{Jags could take him}), can all go from # 2 overall to # 10 overall.

If Allen makes it to us and we pass, I am turning in my Reggie's fan club card and calling for his termination, pronto.

My point I was making is that 3-4 players with each pick could be a viable option.

Fournette, Allen, Hooker, Adams, Lattimore, Howard, Foster(think he has a real chance of falling like a 10 ton boulder now), Thomas, McCaffery(moreso in bottom of top-10), Watson, Trubisky, Robinson(think his ceiling is worth a top-5 selection{Jags could take him}), can all go from # 2 overall to # 10 overall.

If Allen makes it to us and we pass, I am turning in my Reggie's fan club card and calling for his termination, pronto.
    While I'll be singing his praises for not drafting a "name player" just for the sake of doing so. I think Allen will have a long mediocre career rather take my chances on someone with actual potential as opposed to a finished product.

Scott Bair‏Verified account @BairNBCS 37s38 seconds ago
    On another note, Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie and head coach Jack Del Rio have their pre-draft presser tomorrow at 11 a.m.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    While I'll be singing his praises for not drafting a "name player" just for the sake of doing so. I think Allen will have a long mediocre career rather take my chances on someone with actual potential as opposed to a finished product.
    and here is the question teams are asking themselves.

Never Forget

What if Allen turns out to be a bust?

You guys are crazy

Do I think Jonathan Allen is a blue chip prospect? No I don't think so. I think this year there are only a few blue chip prospects. Jonathan Allen is not one of them but he is still top 10 talent. All this talk how he will be mediocre is foolish. Now does he have potential to bust? Of course. Every player has potential to bust. But his talent and character is top 10. If he somehow manged to drop into the 10s I'd consider trading up for him.

If Lynch is on the radar he will already ne costing us one pick. I don't see Reggie giving away more picks in a trade up especially for Allen. Vanderdoes is bigger, stronger, and faster will be there in the 4th. He was a monster in 2014 had his injury in 2015 came back and played fine last year. In my opinion he played very safe last year. Probably didn't want to chance injury again knowing he'd be on his way to the NFL. After seeing the schedule we should go Jarred Davis if he is there or Foster if he falls. If not we need some corners.
    "You don't beat people with surprises, you beat them with execution" John McKay

Yeah, I'm on the foster bandwagon if he falls to us. I know many on here don't want him anymore... but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll bite on the dehydrated/sick excuse.