Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    I agree BPA. But more less a two way player. Not elite on offense and sieve on defense. Or all good defender and has nothing for offense. Giannis needs help for scoring punch. Yeah we get Parker back next year February. But he wont have game legs then. Also Middleton hasn't been scoring in bunches lately either. Also Moose regressed when his buddy Brogdon missed some games. So we do have plenty of holes in this roster to fill.

I agree. It was a great game 1 win but we should probably pump the brakes a bit. About a month and a half ago some thought this was a team that could win the east. Then 2 weeks ago we weren't even going to be in playoff contention next year, now we are back to being very optimistic.

We still need a center long term in my mind, unless we think moose is going to sign long term. I like thon and he's really showing some flashes, but even with this shot blocking, he's not ready to consistently be a center. He's going to get pushed around and bullied. Collins is a good fit for that role with some upside yet on offense if he's available. I think he's a kid who's gonna slide up draft boards once people really go back and study him though.

Same with guard. We won the game yesterday but derozan got the the rim at will in the 2nd quarter. We stilll need an improved guard defender with better quickness. And we need some more scoring punch. Giannis was on his game yesterday, but when he's not, it gets ugly in a hurry. A guard that can break down his guy off the bounce would be a huge improvement to the team as well.

college advanced stats PER top twenty
    http://basketball.******.com/ncaa/st...points/desc/1/
    1 John Collins 33
    8 Ethan Happ 29.6
    9 Zach Collins 29
    12 S Thornwell 28.5
    20 Alec Peters 26.9

Site was updated yesterday.

#17 Milwaukee Luke Kennard 6-5 200 SG Duke So.
    #48 Milwaukee Monte Morris 6-2 175 PG Iowa St. Sr.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

I kinda like the idea of Morris in second round if still on the board for us. He be third string PG for a bit and hopefully takes Delly's spot as back up eventually. Or shift Brogdon to SG if we let Snell walk and let Morris and Delly fight over PG duties.

I wouldn't mind Kennard in the first round if there.

I'm not excited about Kennard at 18. I like his shooting and offensive game, but I don't think he's athletic enough to cover most SG's in the NBA. I'd rather have Snell than Kennard.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I'm not excited about Kennard at 18. I like his shooting and offensive game, but I don't think he's athletic enough to cover most SG's in the NBA. I'd rather have Snell than Kennard.
    Snell isn't that exciting beyond his rookie scale payout. Once he has a new contract he will be deadweight. We hate Delly, Telly, Henson at $9M+ per. Wait till Snell gets what he gets. Also he will lose his starting job in February and we force Middleton down to SG and Parker to SF and Giannis at PF. No way Parker settles for 6th man while Snell starts. Unless Giannis is willing to play center here on out.

But then were getting away from length forcing Giannis to center when he's better suited at SF/PF. Also I think Parker would get pouty and demand a trade if he's benched for 6th man role. I think that would mess with his ego. He wants the starter label. Not say oh the starter will get less minutes and Parker can get like near 40 minutes off the bench for SF/PF. Giannis already getting like 40 minutes a game.

So that leaves 8 minutes left at which ever position he's at. Then Middleton minutes will increase next season since he should be fully in game shape. At this point Snell is expendable. Sucks we didn't dump him at deadline for future pick or young asset now. Cause really in a vacuum there's no room other then cheap off the bench. He wont go cheap as a bench player if a lottery team like 76ers or Nets offer him $12M per easily.

That be to costly to match. Also he be benched come February. Bit expensive for a bench wing that barely goes off. He scored like 20 once or twice all season and barely sniffing 10 points rest of the season on easy wide open catch and shoot. He will be another bad contract for some team this off season. Hopefully were not it. Only reason Snell is a starter here is cause of Middleton/Parker been injured. If both were healthy Snell be lucky to sniff 10 to 20 minutes off the bench.

Don't get me wrong. Snell fits our system. But not at a high pay scale this summer most likely. Also less minutes as a bench player. Kennard most like be a bench player most of his career here if we drafted him. Also he probably could play some SF. We need him for his shooting and scoring overall. Since a good chance Snell/Beasley be gone. Also if Moose bolts we will be losing a lot of bench scoring. I'd be happy with a Kennard/Morris draft. Sign a big like either Withey/Dedmon hopefully at a nice price. Or Zaza at a very huge discount price. But he probably stays with Warriors for a ring. Trade Telly/Henson for bench fillers.

I can see a Snell sign and trade or staying and dealt later as people dig 3 and D guys. Not sure I like Kennard at 17 since Bucks ping pong balls beat Pacers in tiebreak and will draft 17. He's kind of meh. Kennard isn't a great athlete and will be a wing at the next level going up against the best athletes at the SG/SF spot. Not sure he can defend even close to level needed. I think he will slide when draft comes around.

I liked Morrisat Iowa St. but not sure in the pros. I'd be OK with it but I think Kidd would definitely pick a Sumner type 6-5 PG with 6-9 wingspan. He loves that. NBADraft.net I know has it a Kennard/Morris draft but I doubt that happens. I would wager if guys like Boucher, Kaba, Kingsley (to lesser extent) are there they take them over Morris. I wouldn't be opposed to trading back if all the bigs besides Bam were taken ahead of Bucks and taking a Bacon/Jackson/Swanigan/Jordan Bell/Sumner

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

Last updated April 12. So a bit outdated but Bam falls to #31. I would love a Snell sign and trade. Maybe Wolves come calling again? Also it being offseason for sign and trade Wolves maybe can eat more salary. Maybe Tyrus Jones for Snell? Even though we already had a Jones before as in a Ennis. Unless its more like a Snell for Rubio. But I think even with Rubio stock dropping a little. Snell doesn't hold that much value even though 3 and D a bit rare and PG's are flooding the NBA marketplace.

Also wouldn't be shocked we trade our #17 pick for a win now vet. Seems like were all in with Giannis to go deep in playoffs every year. Need to keep him happy. Who is worth #17 to all you guys?

I'm not super excited to trade the pick either. But on the flip side of who would you try to get for 17, the other option is would you be willing to give up 17 to rid ourselves of a contract like delly or Henson?

That might be a more realistic option to moving out draft pick. Find a rebuilding team with cap space that's willing to take on one of those two in order to grab out pick. Depending how they see themselves as a free agency option, Brooklyn would seem like a team that's probably desperate for draft picks. Sacramento might be another option as a rebuilding team wanting to take on more draft assets.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'm not super excited to trade the pick either. But on the flip side of who would you try to get for 17, the other option is would you be willing to give up 17 to rid ourselves of a contract like delly or Henson?

That might be a more realistic option to moving out draft pick. Find a rebuilding team with cap space that's willing to take on one of those two in order to grab out pick. Depending how they see themselves as a free agency option, Brooklyn would seem like a team that's probably desperate for draft picks. Sacramento might be another option as a rebuilding team wanting to take on more draft assets.

What we getting from Nets or Kings for our pick? Nets willing to part with Lopez. I could see Kidd going gaga for some Lopez. We were linked to Lopez for Sanders/Ersan swap. Even though it was reported at trade deadline Nets wanted two first round picks. Bit steep for a injuryprone center that doesn't rebound. I'd even consider moving down in the first round with either Blazers/Nets/Jazz for a extra first. Depending what falls.

It doesn't matter what we get from the nets or kings for the pick. It would more be selling our pick to them to take on a bad contract. That is what I'm suggesting as a possible solution. A guy like Henson is clearly out of favor with the bucks. Assuming we can't get any trade offers for him that don't involve us also taking back an equally bad contract, we are going to have to package something of value with him to get rid of him. Realistically, we'd probably be moving 17 and a bad contract like Henson for a 2nd rounder or a young, possible like 8th man on a cheap contract. The 76ers are notorious for making those style deals. When you're a bad team who is unlikely to attract top free agent talent, the best use of your cap space is eating bad contracts for picks.

Delly could be in the same boat. You probably aren't trading him for something of value. You're either trading him for a slightly better player on a worse contract or you're moving him to a team with cap space to eat the contract. That move will likely involve us giving up something of value with delly.

I'm not saying I'd for sure do it. But let's say the offer was something like 17 and Henson for pick 34 (Sacramento). It would be tempting to take it to rid ourselves of hensons contract. And maybe we can still make the deal and make it a protected future pick, but those are the types of deals we can also look into in order to give ourselves some cap flexibility.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 04-19-2017 at 09:41 AM.

"I'd even consider moving down in the first round with either Blazers/Nets/Jazz for a extra first. Depending what falls."

I would do this if almost all the bigs we liked were gone at 17 and Kennard was there. Trade down and take Swanigan or Sumner.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast