Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 478
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,129
    I love this upcoming draft. It will be critical to this teams future success. There will be several 2nd round players that turn out similar to the way Brogdon has turned out for us.

    I'm starting to think that the Centers that could really help us will be gone by our pick, 16 or 17. I'm warming up to the idea of drafting PF Jonathon Motley from Baylor. 6'9 Stretch 4 with very long arms, 7' 3.5". Excellent defender, good rebounder and very athletic. Good mid range jump shot as well, but not a great rim protector.

    Against teams that don't have a big power center, we could go Brogdon, Snell, Middleton, Motley and Giannis at the 5. This lineup could develope into the best defensive lineup in the NBA. Also puts 4 shooters with Giannis.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 03-17-2017 at 02:55 PM.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    1,574
    I think Rabb would help. He has put on muscle this year and is a very good passer and rebounder. Also wouldn't mind Monte Morris from ISU in Round 2 or Beachem as a wing from ND. Bacon a wing also from FSU

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I think Rabb would help. He has put on muscle this year and is a very good passer and rebounder. Also wouldn't mind Monte Morris from ISU in Round 2 or Beachem as a wing from ND. Bacon a wing also from FSU
    I'm not sold on Rabb, but Morris and Bacon would be nice picks in round 2.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193
    The most recent update of nbadraft.net has us taking Kennard at 16. I have a feeling that's not likely to be a popular pick on this forum. I'm a bit intrigued by it alittle. Not my favorite guy available but he does intrigue me some.

    Doesn't seem like a guy we'd target though. We've definitely been going upside in the first and haven't been afraid to go with foreign players. That's why a guy like isiah hartenstien seems like a guy to keep an eye on. They have him listed as a pf, but he has better size than some they have listed as center. He's an upside guy too who could provide something we seem to want, as a big who can shoot.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 03-17-2017 at 07:45 PM.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I think Rabb would help. He has put on muscle this year and is a very good passer and rebounder. Also wouldn't mind Monte Morris from ISU in Round 2 or Beachem as a wing from ND. Bacon a wing also from FSU
    I think Beachem just shot his way out of being drafted in his 2 games in the tournament. 2 for 14 today including 1 for 9 from 3 and no better on Thursday.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The most recent update of nbadraft.net has us taking Kennard at 16. I have a feeling that's not likely to be a popular pick on this forum. I'm a bit intrigued by it alittle. Not my favorite guy available but he does intrigue me some.

    Doesn't seem like a guy we'd target though. We've definitely been going upside in the first and haven't been afraid to go with foreign players. That's why a guy like isiah hartenstien seems like a guy to keep an eye on. They have him listed as a pf, but he has better size than some they have listed as center. He's an upside guy too who could provide something we seem to want, as a big who can shoot.
    I don't know much about Hartenstien, but if he's a project, not sure we should bite. We have Thon who is a project and will remain a project till at least 2018/19 season. Vaughn another that might only get 1 more season to prove his worth. Better to look for guy's that can play, but still have room to get better or at least can contribute in some area while they develope other parts of their game.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193
    But look at our recent draft history. We pretty much always draft for upside in the first. Thon wasn't even projected to be a first rounder by some and we took him tenth. I wouldn't at all be surprised if we go upside again. We aren't getting a Kevin Durant to sign in Milwaukee, so the draft is our chance at a stud and free agency where we can maybe find supplemental guys.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But look at our recent draft history. We pretty much always draft for upside in the first. Thon wasn't even projected to be a first rounder by some and we took him tenth. I wouldn't at all be surprised if we go upside again. We aren't getting a Kevin Durant to sign in Milwaukee, so the draft is our chance at a stud and free agency where we can maybe find supplemental guys.
    This is where we disagree. Yes we've drafted high upside players trying to hit a star in the past, but we were bottom feeders not going anywhere. Now we are a very young playoff team on the rise and should look for pieces to strengthen the team, not draft high upside projects and hope they pan out. We don't need a Kevin Durant, sure it would be nice, but I'd rather add good complimentary players to our current roster. Like the Malcolm Brogdon type. Preferaby a 4 or 5 that can play D and rebound and maybe a Pg/Combo Guard like Monte Morris, Isaiah Briscoe or Grayson Allen.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,504
    #16 Milwaukee Luke Kennard 6-5 200 SG Duke So.

    #46 Milwaukee Anzejs Pasecniks 7-1 220 C Latvia Intl.

    http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,129
    The emergence of Jordan Bell! How far will he rise and how would you like to see him on the bucks roster? He is a 6'9" PF from Oregon who specailizes in defense and rebounding. Shoots better than 60% from the field and is a terrific shot blocker as witnessed in his 11 point, 13 reb, 8 Blk and 4 asst game yesterday vs Kansas.

    To me this is exactly the type of player we should be looking for. Low usage on the offensive end, but a good finisher. Excellent rim protector and rebounder as well as a decent passer.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    1,574
    I have a feeling if he's listed at 6-9 he's nowhere near that. Maybe 6-7. I am actually starting to come around on Swanigan or Rabb from Cal. Rabb is a good rebounder and is a good passer. Swanigan has a 7-3 wingspan which we all know Bucks love wingspan. Wouldn't stun me if they took Boucher from Oregon in round 2 lol.

    Bell is a nice player but I don't think he's a first-rounder is he? But who knows Faried wasn't close to his listed 6-9 and he's carved out a nice career in the NBA and I agree is the type of guy that would be a nice fit for a need.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193
    But are you really going to play that guy at center? Even with a guy like faried, he still mostly plays pf. We don't have minutes available at pf. If we are taking a big, he needs to be able to play center.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But are you really going to play that guy at center? Even with a guy like faried, he still mostly plays pf. We don't have minutes available at pf. If we are taking a big, he needs to be able to play center.
    Absolutely not playing him at Center. I don't know that the big has to be a Center either. I could see us drafting a PF that can defend, rebound and block shots with the intention of playing Giannis at C. Against certain oponents with a giant center, that won't work, but against most teams it may be our best lineup.

    It's not likely we find our long term Center during this off season. The team could improve by adding a very good rebounding PF. It's not like were loaded at PF since Giannis can play any position. Parkers out, Beasley is a FA and Teletovic is a 2nd unit player.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Absolutely not playing him at Center. I don't know that the big has to be a Center either. I could see us drafting a PF that can defend, rebound and block shots with the intention of playing Giannis at C. Against certain oponents with a giant center, that won't work, but against most teams it may be our best lineup.

    It's not likely we find our long term Center during this off season. The team could improve by adding a very good rebounding PF. It's not like were loaded at PF since Giannis can play any position. Parkers out, Beasley is a FA and Teletovic is a 2nd unit player.
    I agree. I take the BPA regardless of position. Outside of 3 guys (Giannis, Parker (injury), Middleton) everyone is tradeable or is leaving in the offseason. Also as far as the center position, how many true centers are there? Brook Lopez hardly ever plays down low anymore. It's a dying breed and not many centers could take advantage if Giannis guarded them.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193
    There's still quite a few centers that would abuse Giannis on the glass. Despite what most people think, Parker is part of our future. With the league generally going a little smaller, one of Giannis or Parker will be playing a PF position for large stretches of games. Thon maker is probably a PF as well long term with some potential to play center. Unless the PF on the board is BPA by a significant margin, there isn't minutes long term at PF.

    I agree we shouldn't reach for guys in the draft. And realistically, if we make the playoffs, the chances that an impact player is on the board is slim (or we'd have to take a super raw, possibly foreign wild card type player). So we probably are drafting for a role player. But a guy who only plays pf seems like a waste to me. It doesn't really solve our problems.

    And the idea of Giannis consistently playing center for large amounts of time is also dumb. He's our best offensive creator. Do you really want him banging with and fighting guys who have 30-40 lbs on him all game? It's a great way to tire him out even faster. I'm all for playing him at center for stretches and even getting him more minutes against certain matchups. But planning on him playing center often and against most teams is fools errand.

    The crux of my argument is that we have 3 key guys for our future and 2 more guys who are decent long term peice in thon and Brogdon. Of those 3 peices, 2 can play PF and the third can play PF for small ball stretches. Of the other two decent long term peices, one is probably a PF long term. There aren't minutes at PF in my mind. We still need a long term center. So either we need to commit to moose and get him back, or figure out a way to acquire a new center. Drafting a 6'8" pf isn't the way to do that.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 03-27-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •