Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Monroe will fetch plenty. He's a good fit at basically any team especially with his improved defense. If fans can see the impact he makes so can opposing GMs. Without Monroe our post play will be in serious trouble.

I'd like to say we can finish 6th but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we still miss the playoffs. I think we pass and stay ahead of Indiana but you never know. Detroit and Miami have easy schedules down the stretch. I would have rather see us tank once Parker got hurt and try to move up in the draft. I don't see the point in sacrificing draft position when one of your best players is out and you'll be lucky to win 1-2 games in the playoffs.

What ticks me off is if owners pushing for playoff appearances before we get new arena. Why didn't we become buyers at trade deadline? Yeah we had the Plumlee trade. But that was a week or so before trade deadline. Yeah we had the Hibbert trade at the deadline. But he was a expiring contract any way for a TPE.

Didn't become buyers probably because everyone thought team would go in crapper once Jabari got hurt in front office.
    Last edited by gopackgo87; 03-20-2017 at 12:24 PM.

I don't know why we would have turned into buyers. We did the correct thing. We should be shopping bad deals but don't neccesarily become buyers or sellers. We should be looking for deals that improve our future but that doesn't mean we should have been actively trying to lose. We were never going to lose enough games to move into the top 5, so just keep on doing what we're doing.

Impressive win last night in Portland. If we can keep it up the 5 seed is within reach. We are 2 games out of the 5 seed and 1 game out of the 6 seed, but also only half a game ahead of Miami for the 8 seed. Atlanta has lost 4 straight and I can see them going 5-5 in their next 10. If we play like we have been, we could go 8-2 in our next 10 and be sitting in the 5 seed with 2 games to play. Can't afford any slip ups, but the 5 or 6 seed is completely reachable at this point.

We got 6th seed with win last night. Also Pacers, Pistons, Hawks with losses last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    We got 6th seed with win last night. Also Pacers, Pistons, Hawks with losses last night.
    I hope the Bucks get the Wizards. Wall is good but Beal injury prone and Wiz not deep at all. No interior game so Bucks wouldn't be destroyed by Gortat or anything. They don't really use him that much.

Giannis was phenomenal through 3 quarters but when it matters they just sag off and he hesitates and passes. Giannis was phenomenal last night and aggressive early, set the tone. Last few games Teletovic has been huge in the 4Q keeping teams at arm's length with early 3s. I think each game he's hit 2 3s in the 4th. Great road trip. Bucks get to 43 wins and that should be good for 6-seed or better.

So we are 15 - 6 in our last 21 games, not counting tonite and we're up by 19 late in the 3rd. If we can play like this for the whole season, we'd be a 55 to 60 win team. Thats probably not realistic, but even if we could win 50, thats a team working towards contention. We should resign Moose, Snell and Terry and keep the band together. Add a couple bodies in the draft and keep our young tallented team together to see where it can take us. When Jabari comes back he plays with Moose, Delly and other bench players.

This team is still very young and it's young players will continue to get better. Giannis will get better, Snell will get better, Thon will get better, Brogdon and Delly will get better. Middleton and Monroe might get better or at least should stay the same. Henson, well ok you got me on that one, but they all can improve as a team as well. It's not a time for change, it's a time to build on what we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    So we are 15 - 6 in our last 21 games, not counting tonite and we're up by 19 late in the 3rd. If we can play like this for the whole season, we'd be a 55 to 60 win team. Thats probably not realistic, but even if we could win 50, thats a team working towards contention. We should resign Moose, Snell and Terry and keep the band together. Add a couple bodies in the draft and keep our young tallented team together to see where it can take us. When Jabari comes back he plays with Moose, Delly and other bench players.

This team is still very young and it's young players will continue to get better. Giannis will get better, Snell will get better, Thon will get better, Brogdon and Delly will get better. Middleton and Monroe might get better or at least should stay the same. Henson, well ok you got me on that one, but they all can improve as a team as well. It's not a time for change, it's a time to build on what we already have.
    How do you suggest keeping this team together and staying under the cap? Can't keep all of them. I would try and trade Henson/Delly ASAP and keep most of the other guys. Delly has helped his stock with his play lately. Still can't guard quick guards but still. Henson can be shipped if Hornets took Plum lol and try to keep much of the team together. Likely comes down to Moose or Snell. Can't keep both.

Speaking of Snell...how about his emergence last night? Dunks, 3s, defense....Houston Rockets might give him 30 million if he plays like that the rest of the year lol.

I'd also look to trade Teletovic. Drain the Swamp!

All about defense. I still think we need a Center to protect the rim (not Henson) although if we can't find one a point guard that can stop penetration would help a ton too. This team has always been a 50 win team if they play defense.

I'm not a fan of being a buyer in any league at the deadline (MLB, NBA, or NFL). It almost never improves a team and you then sacrifice your future for what's almost always a rental situation. If a good mutual deal comes along you take it, say dump a bad fit for a good fit with equal talent or something to that remark. I give the Celtics mad props for not giving up their first round picks to grab anyone. Too hard to build chemistry this late in the year, plus draft picks are so much more affordable than players.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    How do you suggest keeping this team together and staying under the cap? Can't keep all of them. I would try and trade Henson/Delly ASAP and keep most of the other guys. Delly has helped his stock with his play lately. Still can't guard quick guards but still. Henson can be shipped if Hornets took Plum lol and try to keep much of the team together. Likely comes down to Moose or Snell. Can't keep both.

Speaking of Snell...how about his emergence last night? Dunks, 3s, defense....Houston Rockets might give him 30 million if he plays like that the rest of the year lol.
    I'd be willing to part with any of the Delly, Telly and Henson trio. If no ones willing to take any of those 3, then we have to exceed the cap to keep Moose and Snell. I'm not advocating $15 Mil per for Snell and $20 Mil per for Moose. I'd like to get Snell for $9/10 Mil per season, but might be willing to go up to $12 if need. Moose I'd offer $14/15 Mil per and top out at $17/18 Mil per. If they can get $15 and $20 Mil then we have to let them walk. If we're ever going to be a contender, we're going to have to exceed the cap until these bad contracts are gone. (Delly, Henson, Telly). We can't let our good players go just because we've spent money on players that don't contribute much.

2017/18 Depth Chart Pg - Brogdon, Delly, Payton
    Sg - Snell, Brogdon, Jet, Vaughn
    Sf - Middleton, Snell, Giannis
    Pf - Giannis, Teletovic
    C - Thon 12 min, Moose 28 min, Henson/Giannis
    Thats before adding 2 rookies which could move some people around on the chart. If Snell gets too expensive, maybe Beasley comes back. Monroe should be our top priority if he has interest in staying, then Snell. If they both leave we can add a decent free agent somewhere.

#FreeTelly He hit 5 3s last night so Kidd will probably bench him the next 2

A good time to revisit this post. What to expect from the current Bucks roster?

I have no idea what to expect. Last night we looked like a contender, but it was only 1 game. We might lose the series 4-1 or 4-2 or we might give Cleveland more trouble than what you'd expect in round 2. I know I don't expect to win game 2 Tuesday, but I can't wait for the Bucks to try to prove me wrong.

Was hoping Middleton steps it up soon. 10 points a game wont cut it. Yeah he dished out 9 assists. Cause a good chance we wont get 15 from each of Brogdon and Moose every game. Also Giannis probably wont score over 30 each game. He probably have to here on out for any chance to win. Also not counting on Snell saving the day by scoring 20 anytime soon. Cant count on Telly or Delly or Henson. All that leaves us with is Maker or Hawes for any extra scoring punch. Unless Vaughn or Jet go wild. Its all on Giannis shoulders. Oh and Beasley....

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast