Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

What to expect from the current Milwaukee Bucks Roster

There is still plenty of time for changes and it would seem likely that either John Henson or Greg Monroe might be traded before the start of the season, but what should we expect of the team we have now if only minor changes are made?

Looking at a starting Lineup of Plumlee at Center flanked by Giannis, Parker and Middleton, we need only to look back to the post all star portion of last season to see that when those 4 players were on the floor together, the bucks were a plus 10.3 PPG. This stat may explain why we paid Plumlee $13 Million per season to stay in Milwaukee. Is that number sustainable? Probably not, but adding a gritty 3 point shooting Pg in Delly to that can only be an improvement over the players in that role after the break.

So if we start Delly, the big 3 and Plumlee and say we only produce half of that plus 10.3 ppg, where does that leave us? Last year it left us with virtually no bench production other than Monroe, which meant we still were unable to consistently win games. So what can we expect from the bench as currently constructed?

Monroe would be back on the 2nd unit to add some inside fire power. Free agent Mirza Teletovic is now at the PF position, ready to smash his own NBA record of 181 made 3's in a season for a player coming off the bench. MCW should be healthy and able to perform at his best like he did when he was moved to the 2nd unit early last season and Malcolm Brogdon will fill in and show that although he's a rookie, he plays like he's been doing it for years.

On top of that we still haven't mentioned John Henson, Tyler Ennis, Vaughn and our 1st round pick Maker. I guess where I'm going here is that unlike the end of last season, this season the Bucks have a bench that should be able to hold their own, if not build on the work that the starters do. By playing the 5 players that fit the best in the starting lineup, it allows us to have some real talent coming off the bench, which should make this team much more dangerous than we were last season

I think Bucks will be fighting for playoff spot in the 6-8 seed range with a few keen moves or miss the playoffs with current roster. Bucks are lacking at the 3 spot as far as bench play. Who is going to guard the 3? Right now bench lineup would be MCW/Brogdon/Teletovic/Henson/Monroe but Teletovic can't guard the 3. So what I can see Bucks doing is having someone come in for Middleton at first TV timeout if roster is as currently constructed. Then have Middleton come back to start 2Q. To have bench be MCW/Brogdon/Middleton/Teletovic/Monroe.
    I think Bucks should ship Henson as minutes could be sparse and sign K. Martin maybe. But need a backup wing that can guard the 3. Maybe Monroe for Crowder/Bradley or something like that then wouldn't have to sign K. Martin and makes rotations pretty clear. But I think Henson or Monroe will have to go as Teletovic is shooting is needed but he can't guard the 3.

Hard to say yet till the roster is completed after a Henson or Monroe trade and see what we get back. Also the east improved some more. I think we could miss playoffs by being 9th or 10th seed outside looking in. Or Giannis and Parker and Middleton step it up a notch and we make playoffs but hard to say. Nice we added shooters through draft and free agency. So time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I think Bucks will be fighting for playoff spot in the 6-8 seed range with a few keen moves or miss the playoffs with current roster. Bucks are lacking at the 3 spot as far as bench play. Who is going to guard the 3? Right now bench lineup would be MCW/Brogdon/Teletovic/Henson/Monroe but Teletovic can't guard the 3. So what I can see Bucks doing is having someone come in for Middleton at first TV timeout if roster is as currently constructed. Then have Middleton come back to start 2Q. To have bench be MCW/Brogdon/Middleton/Teletovic/Monroe.
    I think Bucks should ship Henson as minutes could be sparse and sign K. Martin maybe. But need a backup wing that can guard the 3. Maybe Monroe for Crowder/Bradley or something like that then wouldn't have to sign K. Martin and makes rotations pretty clear. But I think Henson or Monroe will have to go as Teletovic is shooting is needed but he can't guard the 3.
    I don't see the 3 as that big of a problem as all of our big 3 can play the 3. What if we list the depth chart at the 3 position as Giannis, Middleton, Parker. It doesn't look that scary anymore, does it. Sure Parker not great defensively, but can make up for it on the other end. I like any of our 3 playing against any backup 3 in the league. Thats why I only listed 4 names with the 2nd unit. 1 of the big 3 is always in the game.

Yeah I think the team would be wise to add K. Martin if Henson and Monroe stay. He's cheap and can play SG and let Brogdon and Vaughn grow up and not have much pressure on them. But I guess as you've said then we are paying Henson 12 mill to basically sit as Bucks need Teletovic's shooting out there. I think you're right one of big 3 will go out at first TV timeout and come back in second Q probably Midd. Or could go Giannis to guard the 3/4. With Midd PG - MCW/Martin/Midd/Teletovic/Monroe. MCW/Martin/Giannis/Teletovic/Monroe. Bucks post defense wouldn't be good here. I see Henson as odd guy out and likely dealt unless Monroe is.

Kevin Martin's D is hideous. The glass of water I am looking at plays better D than Kevin Martin...that's why he didn't play at the end of his Minnesota tenure, nor San Antonio. If we're going to focus on playing defense guys like this have to be avoided at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Kevin Martin's D is hideous. The glass of water I am looking at plays better D than Kevin Martin...that's why he didn't play at the end of his Minnesota tenure, nor San Antonio. If we're going to focus on playing defense guys like this have to be avoided at all costs.
    The team needs another wing IMO. I would rather deal Henson for Crowder/Jerebko if BOS would do that. I am not sure Brogdon or Vaughn are ready to be big contributors THIS year. I think Martin provides more value than Novak as Teletovic a better version of Novak at this point. I think with Martin having him and Middleton on the wings vs. second unit with Teletovic and Monroe could be lethal. Not much PT for Henson right now. If can't deal Henson or Monroe for a solid role player on the wing and a rebounder I sign someone on the wing.

Maybe try another go round with Gary Neal. Gerald Green or a sleeper that would come very cheap is Cleanthony Early. I liked him coming out of Wichita St. but hasn't done anything thus far in the NBA. Could probably sign him for 1 year. Or could go with Brogdon or Vaughn too. I think team needs a SF/SG and would prefer guy that plays D too. But pickings are slim.

I'd try Henson for Lamb from Hornets. Maybe a filler tossed in cap wise if needed. Not sure they do it though.

Hearing the Knicks might make push for Monroe, Amico reporting that Knicks are interested in acquiring him but would need third team to facilitate deal.

How can the Knicks add him? They have tons of bad contracts already.

Monroe for Lee and Thomas?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ne...s-team-salary/

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    How can the Knicks add him? They have tons of bad contracts already.

Monroe for Lee and Thomas?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ne...s-team-salary/
    Said would likely need third team

Still doesn't make sense. Even with a third team. The Fansided article I read that mentioned this with Amico quote then said deal probably be December and maybe include Noah going out. He said no to Milwaukee back when we could of drafted him. Also he's breaking down bad.

http://fansided.com/2016/07/21/nba-t...d-greg-monroe/

Still doesn't make sense. Even with a third team. The Fansided article I read that mentioned this with Amico quote then said deal probably be December and maybe include Noah going out. He said no to Milwaukee back when we could of drafted him. Also he's breaking down bad.

http://fansided.com/2016/07/21/nba-t...d-greg-monroe/
    Yeah I tried to figure out a trade and none worked lol. I think Spurs and another team is best chance for Monroe. Not sure about Henson and who all is interested other than Boston but I think they wanted Midd too in package. Middleton isn't going anywhere. I doubt Crowder is going anywhere either but that trade works and Cs have a lot of perimeter players.

Hard to say yet till the roster is completed after a Henson or Monroe trade and see what we get back. Also the east improved some more. I think we could miss playoffs by being 9th or 10th seed outside looking in. Or Giannis and Parker and Middleton step it up a notch and we make playoffs but hard to say. Nice we added shooters through draft and free agency. So time will tell.
    I can agree!

I'd say trade Monroe for Gilchrist

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast