Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thon Maker

Post Thon Maker

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I would to see a lineup like

Maker, Teletovic, Parker, Middleton and Giannis

or

Henson, Maker, Parker, Middleton, and Giannis

Well 2 games in and Maker is averaging 16, 15, and 2 in about 31 MPG in the summer league. Shooting 45%. Great to see.

It's clear to me what kind of player he COULD be, and it's not a star probably but definitely a very valuable starter.

If he can add the strength, I think he can be near-elite defensively because he's long but also so quick. He'll be great running the floor as well. If his jumper develops, he'll be a nightmare on offense as well. I've already noticed that he seems to have a knack for moving without the ball to get easy looks much like Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    Well 2 games in and Maker is averaging 16, 15, and 2 in about 31 MPG in the summer league. Shooting 45%. Great to see.

It's clear to me what kind of player he COULD be, and it's not a star probably but definitely a very valuable starter.

If he can add the strength, I think he can be near-elite defensively because he's long but also so quick. He'll be great running the floor as well. If his jumper develops, he'll be a nightmare on offense as well. I've already noticed that he seems to have a knack for moving without the ball to get easy looks much like Parker.
    Yea he do needs to strengthen up! However he should really work on his shot so that he can earn himself more playing time. At his weight he would have to use speed, height and efficiency to prevail in a real nba game.

Anyone else hope he gets like 20 mins a game to really get some experience with the rest of the players on our team? It could only Help us in the long run.

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    Anyone else hope he gets like 20 mins a game to really get some experience with the rest of the players on our team? It could only Help us in the long run.
    Nah not really. I think they envision him playing C eventually and he's just too weak right now. Plus and there's really no F minutes available unless there's an injury. I'd rather see him take a year to focus on improving his jump shot and getting stronger. I'm hopeful he could contribute next year.

Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    Nah not really. I think they envision him playing C eventually and he's just too weak right now. Plus and there's really no F minutes available unless there's an injury. I'd rather see him take a year to focus on improving his jump shot and getting stronger. I'm hopeful he could contribute next year.
    I would love to see him get at least 20 min but I think it won't happen unless some injuries occur.

So what we're going to hasheem than wet him and throw out lottery pick in the d league? Lol. He would he more time there I spose

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

17 points and 17 rebounds and 2 blocks. Also made a three pointer. Yeah it was in a loss and only summer league but impressive. Cause usually summer league is a guards league.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    I would love to see him get at least 20 min but I think it won't happen unless some injuries occur.
    20 minutes per game would likely assure us of a high lottery pick in the next draft. Not sure it would benefit the rest of the team to see our win total drop from the 33 or 34 games they won last season. Don't get me wrong, what he's doing in summer league is very impressive and leads me to believe we made the right decision in the draft. I can't wait to see him in 2 years, but he needs a redshirt/ D league season before he gets into the real game. Putting on weight and muscle may be more important than improving his basketball skills.

Thinking of the future though, a small ball line up of 7'1" Thon along with the current big 3 would give us 4 athletic wings of at least 6'8". Could be the perfect defensive group to shut down the 3 point shooting of Golden State, providing Jabari can improve his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    20 minutes per game would likely assure us of a high lottery pick in the next draft. Not sure it would benefit the rest of the team to see our win total drop from the 33 or 34 games they won last season. Don't get me wrong, what he's doing in summer league is very impressive and leads me to believe we made the right decision in the draft. I can't wait to see him in 2 years, but he needs a redshirt/ D league season before he gets into the real game. Putting on weight and muscle may be more important than improving his basketball skills.

Thinking of the future though, a small ball line up of 7'1" Thon along with the current big 3 would give us 4 athletic wings of at least 6'8". Could be the perfect defensive group to shut down the 3 point shooting of Golden State, providing Jabari can improve his defense.
    I think Thon needs a year to develop and work on his game constantly. Get used to rigors have NBA etc. I do think he already has a great understanding of passing lanes, where and when to cut to not clog things up. Give guards nice lane to get him the ball. His initial burst, jump isn't great but he is very aware defensively on the court. It was good to see Vaughn play well yesterday too. Before we write off Vaughn he's only 20.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast