Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Thon Maker

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I mentioned over at the main NBA board in the IT Celtics thread Bucks probably wont be sniffing playoffs next year either. Factor in now Parker out until February of next year. So that's like 50 some games into the season. Moose was rumored to actually opt out. Hawes no big deal in or out. Snell RFA that probably gets over paid but doesn't takeover games. Middleton slowly getting eased back into the NBA.

Beasley injured and I figured he bolt for a ton of money. Where ever we land in lottery wont be enough to carry us to playoffs next year. We been putrid since we traded Knight and gave away Dudley, Zaza ,Ersan. I wasn't even a big fan of Knight and his tunnel vision and ball hogging and icing out Giannis. But he was another scorer we haven't replaced since trading him.
    I appear to be in the minority on this, but I don't think scoring is a problem. When we get stops we score a lot of points. We're actually one of the most efficient offenses in the game. Yes we struggle in the half court, but if you can get transition buckets that won't matter.

Monroe leaving would hurt, he's our only consistent threat off the bench. It definitely depends on what happens with him and if we can find a way to move Teletovic/Henson for a more useful piece. But given a real rim protector that can play 35 minutes a night along with a defensive minded coach, I see no reason why this team can't compete right away.

I don't anticipate us to be a top East team next year because I have a feeling that Kidd will remain and I see no way for us to get a legit big. I'd also expect the Bucks to keep making all the wrong off-season moves, going for shooters instead of defenders, and basically ending up back in the same spot we are now.

Monroe probably last so called big name we land in a while. Back to the garbage bin of over paying to get a guy in our small market. Last two decent free agents we signed prior to Moose was Dunleavy and Armen "The Hammer" Gilliam. But then again most times we have no cap. When we do we over paid for dead weight like Bell, Gadz, Simmons, TT. We mainly land players through trades and draft. Last time we did damage was our big3. Which Glenn Robinson was #1 pick and Ray Allen draft high lottery as well. Cassell was picked up through a flurry of trades which started out as Vin Baker for Hill and Brandon. Hill got us TT and Brandon landed us Cassell.

Other wise Redd was great when healthy but once he had the injury bug and making over $20M per we were held hostage with his dead weight contract. Also reports we had offers to trade him yet we hung onto him. Salmons was a nice trade in the FTD year. But we been a dumpster fire for so long. Jones was a nice pick up now. But a little to late for me. One or two wins will mess up our lottery chances. No way we make playoffs this year. Heat own the tie breaker of 3-1 on the season. Unless the bulls nose dive. But doubt it. Pistons probably fall out and Heat take their place.

Even with Hammond stepping down not sure how well Zanik is for scouting. Then again the front office gets in the way. Hammond wanted Portis. Kidd wanted Vaughn. See who won that draft pick. Now Kidd barely plays Vaughn. Hopefully Zanik is more stingy throwing money around. Cause I wouldn't be shocked we over pay as in bid against our selves for Snell RFA services this summer. Still need to dump Delly, Telly, Henson. What a waste of money there.

What we need is to find those good value players. Don't over pay, find some value. The Miami heat are a perfect example. So many good value low cost players on that roster. You can't keep paying players like Henson. The guy could be replaced by a draft pick in a heartbeat so what is the point of extending him for $10M a year? He's just an example I use, but I seems like we pay so often for players where we could get someone just as good for next to nothing. Dellavadova is another example, there were better options out there we could have paid less money.

Can't we get like a Kyle O'Quinn or Lucas Nogueira type player for $2-5M. They are both better than Henson and way more reasonable.

Heck I rather have Jeff Adrien off the scrap heap then Henson.

TOo early to tell but he has a ways to go in his progression. Has to get a lot stronger. Not strong enough to really be impact inside 20 feet on offense. Gets pushed around and of late wasn't hitting a jumper either. Love his energy though right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    TOo early to tell but he has a ways to go in his progression. Has to get a lot stronger. Not strong enough to really be impact inside 20 feet on offense. Gets pushed around and of late wasn't hitting a jumper either. Love his energy though right now.
    Extremely tentative on offense. If he's not making his 3s he's pretty much useless. He bring energy on defense but is often out of position or just pushed aside. Toronto made him look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Extremely tentative on offense. If he's not making his 3s he's pretty much useless. He bring energy on defense but is often out of position or just pushed aside. Toronto made him look bad.
    In all honesty he hasn't looked good since being a starter. But, he has to learn and best way to do it is in the games. Guards finish over him with relative ease. Agree on offense if he isn't hitting open shots right now he's a negative on the offensive end and at this point not on the defensive end either. He plays with energy and I think that does help his teammates play with more energy.

Well guards finishing on him is the fault of our guards not doing their job. *cough* Delly *cough*. Even Brogdon a bit slow footed as well for PG. He be better at SG really. Move Middleton to SF and Giannis back to PF. Then either go Hawes or Maker at center. Probably Hawes at center. Hawes and Middleton and Brogdon and little bit of Delly can stretch the floor in the starting unit while Giannis does his thing.

KG is working with Maker in practice again. Maker was raining threes like a boss.

KG is working with Maker in practice again. Maker was raining threes like a boss.
    Raining 3s in an empty gym zzzzzzzzzz. Thon knows how to spot up and shoot. He needs to work on his game inside 20 feet. Get a back-to-the-basket game. Hopefully he worked with KG on that.

This team would be much better off not playing Thon down the stretch. Either Henson or Hawes are better options if we want to be serious about a playoff run. On the other hand we're winning games inspite of playing Thon a few minutes in each half, but 1 or 2 losses in games that could have been won, might make the difference between the 6 seed and the 8 seed.

Well if the owners were serious about playoffs before we have a new arena. They should of been buyers and got a upgrade at center. Henson sucks. Hawes is decent. Bit slow plodder though. But can drain the 3 and better rebounder then Henson. Personally our youth should of got like 30 or 40 minutes a game in preseason and got a ton of G-League most of the beginning of the season.

Vaughn and Maker barely played all year. Most action Vaughn got was beginning of season when Jet wasn't traveling with the team. Vaughn had that 20 point game early in the season then Kidd iced him on the DNP-CD most of the season till now. Yeah we shed Plumlee's big contract. So no need to worry about feeding him minutes to make his stock rise since he's no longer with us. But still barely no Hawes or Jones. We gave Hibbert away.

If Moose bolts next summer. Our best center may very we be a guy that very seldom plays center which would be Giannis.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast