Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 275 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Ah. Sorry Valade, you beat me to it.
    No worries

Quote Originally Posted by tVoR10 View Post
    I would really love to hear an explanation to this post from SpecialFNK, specifically the bolded parts. But as Valade already said, there is prob no point. Youll find some way to excuse the behavior. People like you are disgusting.
    please tell me how I'm excusing the behavior? I'm not excusing police shooting people when it's not justified. my argument is 2 things..
    -that some of the time police shootings are justified (despite what the public thinks).
    -that police shootings effect both black people and white people. there are numbers to support this.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    and 196,817,552 is more than 37,685,848. That is the number of white people in America vs. black people.

So no, 238 of 196,817,552 is not more than 123 of 37,685,848.

We are no longer talking about race or police brutality, we are talking about elementary school level mathematics, specifically averages.

We've also been over that second part before as well. Can you prove that more black people were resisting arrest than white people so that is why they were shot? If not, I can simply say "you're wrong" and have exactly the same amount of proof you have of your claims.

You're wrong.
    you're choosing to look at the numbers differently. the total number of people shot remain the same, until other shootings happen.
    whatever the specific numbers are, are not even really what I'm arguing about. I'm arguing that it does not only effect one side, despite what a lot of people in the public want to think. a lot of people have this perception that this is an epidemic only effecting black people. I've read enough on twitter to see how people react to these shootings. it's why you see black people holding signs saying "stop shooting US". not only do people have this perception, they continually use examples of situations where the shooting of the black person involved was justified.
    when black people are shot and it was not justified I'm all for fighting back against that. but there are also situations that shouldn't be lumped in because the shooting was justified. Michael Brown for example, yet people still use his name.

when it comes to resisting arrest we can look at case by case basis. there are numerous examples of black being shot when they were resisting arrest and/or where a shooting was justified. there's nothing wrong about that, there is evidence to prove it. it doesn't matter whether it was more black or more white, anyone resisting arrest and doing something to be shot is their own fault.
    I've seen people talk about situations when a person resists arrest the police should use equal force. that's stupid. the police should use as much force as necessary to make the arrest.

I also didn't defend the KKK. I've said numerous times they were bad. what I did say is that I think people give the KKK too much credit and attention when I don't consider them a serious threat. I wouldn't be surprised if there were street gangs that were more violent and killed more people than the KKK.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Couple of thoughts…

I watched the video of Alton Sterling. These cops did not seem to be handling the situation well or responsibly.

Obama's insistance on speaking only of cops killing blacks and making no mention of the incidences in which whites have been killed by cops, along with the media reporting only the black incidents and making no mention of the white incidents, only furthers racism and the vilification of cops in this country. That's irresponsible.

Both of these incidents were poorly handled.

Lastly, I've never been a conspiracy theorist, but as these incidents keep happening I can't help but always return to the suspicion that something bigger is happening around us. I've long believed that the transgender bathroom agenda, among other bizarre agendas pushed by the Obama administration, were done so with the intent to mislead and distract. The frequency with which these incidents involving cops and mass shootings happening makes me suspicious that there is more to it than meets the eye. For what reason the government wants a race war I don't know, but I honestly believe that they do. They also want Americans to give up their gun rights and have used high profile killings to push the agenda. There are a lot of people being duped right now.

Obama has no business speaking on either of these situations, not now, not before an investigation on what happened. he's assuming they happened because the people were black.
    some people want Obama to speak on these type of shootings only because the alleged victims are black and so is Obama. is Obama going to talk about Dylan Noble? no chance.

as for the other Sterling thread in the open where we shouldn't bring in race. that is hard to do when most of the people following either of these shootings are assuming they happened because of race.

The racial divide has become greater because of Obama. Where so many thought that he would mend racial tensions, he's encouraged them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The racial divide has become greater because of Obama. Where so many thought that he would mend racial tensions, he's encouraged them.
    That is one perspective. The counter perspective is that all these racial tensions and racists existed in the same volume before President Obama, he just brought them into the light.

I think the racial divide has become more visible, but it was always there and always as bad. People just didn't realize it.

Obama didn't bring anything racial to light. if anything he made things worse going back to commenting about Trayvon Martin.

what I think made things worse is the media coverage these stores get. some people can act like the media is non bias and only covering what is news, but I don't believe that and I think there is enough evidence in what they cover and don't cover to prove this. the media LOVES racial tension, as this brings them more and more ratings.

Shooting in Downtown Dallas at Police Shooting Rally

This is ****ing nuts, and so sad like all the other shootings.

Live Feed http://www.wfaa.com/news/protests-of...llas/266814422

Nice job by the president to stoke the fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Nice job by the president to stoke the fires.
    Want to point out the part of his statement that you're trying to tie to this?

Reports are that this rally was VERY peaceful. Shots may have came from an elevated parking garage, rifle(possible AR-15) involved. One suspect down, 1 more possibly still out there, engaging officers still

Still shots being fired

Someone shot at a peaceful protest. This is disgusting. This country sucks so much some times. Until we seriously reflect on these greater issues all around no progress will continue to be made.

Sounds like one guy with a rifle located in an alleyway. Two officers confirmed shot...he might be shooting again right now per the local news.

Everything that's happened these past 48 hours has been deeply disturbing.
    this my sig

14. 07-07-2016, 10:48 PM
    Reason
    Unnecessary - Soop

Appears one arrest has been made

Local Fox affiliate reporting 3-6 officers injured

Page 5 of 275 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast