Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 275 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

All Race Related Articles And Discussions volume II

The cops executed a man in public, no exaggeration.

Thanks to Boozerguy47 for making the Hottest Sig PSD has ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Disgusting. What's sad is nothing will happen. People will be more offended over the marches, the protests, the hashtags, etc. That's the real pussification of America.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

I'm going to need to see information that contradicts what has been reported.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ting/86738368/

Protests broke out Tuesday following the death of a black man in an officer-involved shooting outside a Baton Rouge, La., convenience store.

Residents protested on and off throughout the day after Alton Sterling, 37, who was selling CDs, died in a confrontation with police, as video circulated on social media capturing the deadly encounter. Demonstrators chanted, "hands up, don't shoot" and "black lives matter."

Congressman Cedric Richmond of Louisiana called for the Department of Justice to investigate Sterling's death.

“The video footage released today of the shooting of Alton Sterling by officers of the Baton Rouge Police Department was deeply troubling and has understandably evoked strong emotion and anger in our community,” Richmond said in a statement. “I share in this anger and join the community in the pursuit of justice."

An autopsy shows Sterling died of multiple gunshot wounds to the chest and back, East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner Dr. William Clark said.

Demonstrators blocked the intersection near the convenience store before 10 p.m. CT Tuesday night. They eventually cleared the streets and moved to the sidewalks. They told drivers to anticipate another gathering at 8 a.m. Wednesday morning in front of City Hall.

Officers responded to the store about 12:35 a.m. Tuesday after an anonymous caller suggested a man selling music CDs and wearing a red shirt threatened him with a gun
    , said Cpl. L’Jean McKneely.

Two officers responded and had some type of altercation with the man and one officer fatally shot the suspect
    , McKneely said. Both officers have been placed on administrative leave, which is standard department policy, he said.

The officers have not been identified.

Cellphone footage circulated on social media purporting to capture the deadly police encounter: In it, an officer tells Sterling to get on the ground. Seconds later, a second officer tackles him to the ground.

One officer holds down Sterling's left arm, while his second arm was out of view. At one point, an officer yells, "He's got a gun! Gun!" He pulls his service weapon and fires at Sterling.

The convenience store’s owner, Abdul Muflahi, told WAFB-TV the first officer used a Taser on Sterling and the second officer tackled the man. Muflahi said as Sterling fought to get the officer off of him, the first officer shot him “four to six times.”

The owner said he saw officers remove a gun from Sterling's pocket after the shooting, but that Sterling did not have a gun in his hand at the time.

State Rep. C. Denise Marcelle, who was briefed by the police chief, told WAFB-TV that the officers were wearing body cameras but the cameras fell off during the struggle and did not capture the shooting.

another article.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/alton-...fficers-names/

A 37-year-old man was fatally shot by police in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, early Tuesday morning in an incident caught on video by a witness.

The 48-second video showing the shooting of Alton Sterling has sparked outrage in the community and on social media.

Sterling was shot and killed about 12:35 a.m. Tuesday, The Advocate reports.

He was selling CDs outside the Triple S Food Mart, at the corner of Fairfields Avenue and North Foster Drive, WAFB-TV reports.

Officers had responded to a disturbance call in which the caller said someone had been threatening him with a gun, police told the news station.

Baton Rouge Police have released few details about the shooting, including whether Sterling was armed. But a witness told The Advocate that Sterling did have a gun, but was not holding it or reaching for his pockets during the incident.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. An Officer Is Heard Saying ‘He’s Got a Gun!’ & ‘You F*cking Move, I Swear to God!’ Before Shots Are Fired

The brief video, which you can watch above, shows the end of the incident. In the video, an officer can be heard yelling “get on the ground,” out of the view of the cell phone camera. As the camera pans up, an officer is seen charging at Alton Sterling, grabbing him and tackling him into the hood of a car and then down to the pavement.

Another officer can then be seen kneeling on Sterling. After a few seconds one of the officers yells, “He’s got a gun!” The officer seen in the video kneeling on Sterling draws his weapon and one of them says, “if you f*cking move, I swear to God!”

One of the officers then says, “Mike, he’s going for the Taser!’

Two shots can then be heard and the bystander drops the cell phone. Three more shots are then fired after a brief pause.

The store’s owner, Abdullah Muflahi, told The Advocate that Sterling was armed, but said he was not holding his gun or touching his pockets during the incident, the Advocate reports. The gun was later found in his pocket, Muflahi told the newspaper. Police have not confirmed his version of events.

You can watch video of Muflahi talking about what he saw during the shooting, recorded by a reporter for The Advocate, below:

Muflahi told The Advocate that Sterling began carrying a gun after he was mugged. He said a Taser was used by the officers on Sterling, but it did not bring him to the ground. The sound of the stun gun can be heard at the start of the video.

so we know the suspect had a gun. question is whether he went for the gun (or officers taser) while he was on the ground. just seeing the gun in the waist is not reason enough to shoot, as I would think an officer should be able to remove the suspects gun right? but if on the ground the suspect reached for his gun is that not a good reason to shoot?

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

whether or not Sterling went for the gun he had or not is something to be asked, but everyone should be aware that he did have a gun. yet many people on social media talk as if he did not have a gun.

keriw ‏@_ssadity
    the fact that #AltonSterling made it to the news is great but we all know he never had a gun and we know those cops are getting off easy
    ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE ‏@BigSpikey
    The store owner said he saw the whole situation and the guy didn't have a gun on him #AltonSterling
    G'Sparkz ‏@Sparkzgotheat
    Another innocent black man gone. A father, on top of that. No Gun found. smh sad man... #AltonSterling #RIP
    becca ‏@idkimbecca
    #AltonSterling didn't defend himself at all, yet he is shot in killed. he didn't have a gun, didn't hit the officer or anything.
    XTRO ‏@Xtrofemi
    XTRO Retweeted Matt
    He didn't resist! He didn't have a gun #AltonSterling
    just pointing out how some people can spread misinformation. fact is he did have a gun and that shouldn't be ignored.

however even though he did have a gun that is not a reason to be shot. Louisianan is an open carry state so he had a right to have a gun.

I would be interested to know what the officer who yelled he's got a gun knew going into this situation. the police were there because this person was said to have threatened someone with a gun. all of the police officers involved should have known that he might have had a gun on him.
    did this officer see a gun in the waist and then yell he's got a gun. or did this officer see Sterling reaching for a gun and yell he's got a gun. these are different.
    what did the officer who shot interpret when he heard the other officer yell he's got a gun, that Sterling had a gun in his hand or that Sterling had a gun on him.
    if the officer did not know Sterling had a gun to begin with and then yelled he's got a gun that could be the reason another officer made the decision to shoot interpreting "he's got a gun" meaning he has a gun in his hands.

the officers should have all known that he had a gun, and the only force used should have been tasers.

I'm not making a conclusion that these officers were wrong or right, I need more information.

The officers who shot him were like:

https://youtu.be/Nt6kKhlX8vU

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The officers who shot him were like:

https://youtu.be/Nt6kKhlX8vU
    I just said that to my buddy at work 20 mins ago.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

sun is still shining and cops are still killing black people

Just saw a second video and it's worse than the last one.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Just saw a second video and it's worse than the last one. You can see the officer take the gun away and the guy doesn't reach for it.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Just saw a second video and it's worse than the last one. You can see the officer take the gun away and the guy doesn't reach for it.

You cannot see for sure in either video whether he is reaching for the gun or not. In the first, that half of his body is blocked by the car this is taking place in front of. In the 2nd video, his right arm is moving up and down, which could be seen as reaching down into that pocket area.

I still think we don't know enough to tell for sure. Looks like a bad bad situation either way. No side will be happy with the outcome.

an awful lot of attention for this Anton Sterling situation (and one could say rightfully so) ..but where is the attention for Dylan Noble? who?
    ..WHITE teen shot by police. nowhere on CNN, nowhere on TV.

http://abc7news.com/news/new-video-s...oting/1416693/

FRESNO, Calif. --
    New shocking video shows Fresno police shooting and killing a 19-year-old man on June 25.

Fresno police said they had responded to the call of a man walking with a rifle. While searching the area, officers said they spotted a truck speeding and tried to pull it over.

Authorities said the driver, Dylan Noble, took off and led officers on a half mile chase.

Noble pulled into a gas station parking lot and police said he refused to show his hands, and made a "conscious effort to conceal one hand behind his back, then in his waistband, as he exited the truck, and walked away from officers," according to a press release from Fresno police.

Officials said Noble then said he "hated his life," turned around and walked toward officers. That's when police said Noble was shot.

Authorities said Noble was shot a total of four times. In the video, two of the shots can be heard and seen. Noble appears to already be on the ground near or underneath his truck. There was a 14 second gap in between the two shots in the video.

It was later determined that Noble was unarmed.

Noble's parents have retained attorneys who were looking at the possibility of suing the police department. The shooting was also captured by police body cameras, but the department has refused to release it.

But a witness, standing about 100 feet away, recorded cellphone video.

The video is 26-seconds long. What the video didn't doesn't show, according to Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer, was officers confronting Noble for more than a minute while he ignored dozens of their commands and mimicked the movements of someone armed with a gun.

"When he gets within about 12 feet of the officers, he makes the statement 'I hate my effing life' and then he quickly starts to pull his hand out when the officer fires two rounds and shoots him," Dyer said.

After those shots, Noble fell to the ground and the video began. It's difficult to make out what was happening as Noble was on the ground from the witness video, but Dyer said body cam footage from about 10 to 12 feet away painted a much more detailed picture.

"That happened twice, where he deliberately raised his shirt with the left hand and reached with his right hand underneath his shirt into the waistband," Dyer said. "The officers, at that point, believed he was trying to retrieve a firearm and they fired."

Noble's friends and family have asked police to let the public see the video from the officer's perspective.

But Dyer said the department wouldn't release the body camera video while the investigation was still ongoing.

"I believe it explains so much, but I believe it is premature," Dyer said. "I don't want to taint any potential witnesses."

Dyer stated the last witness they knew of was the person who recorded the video and said the department could release the body camera video within the next couple months.

Attorneys for Noble's parents called for an investigation by an outside agency such as the FBI.

Dyer said last week that he asked the FBI and the U.S. Attorney General's office to conduct their own investigations and they agreed to take the case.
    just an example of someone white getting shot by the police where most people don't care/don't want to know and instead spread this message about the epidemic attack on black people by police. I'm just saying this happens to white people too, more than people expect.

He was shot for walking around with an assault rifle?

Sorry, no sympathy.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    an awful lot of attention for this Anton Sterling situation (and one could say rightfully so) ..but where is the attention for Dylan Noble? who?
    ..WHITE teen shot by police. nowhere on CNN, nowhere on TV.

http://abc7news.com/news/new-video-s...oting/1416693/

just an example of someone white getting shot by the police where most people don't care/don't want to know and instead spread this message about the epidemic attack on black people by police. I'm just saying this happens to white people too, more than people expect.
    Yeah, um, your whole "guys please don't focus on the black people look at this white one I found that isn't being covered" shitpost kinda flops when you post a story by abcnews...covering it lmao. Not sure why cnn is like your barometer for social narratives or whatever. Probably explains why you think white people are so unfortunate.

Also wow, it's like you didn't even read the story you posted or any details of it outside of finding out he was white and got shot--try re-reading that.

I'm sure you love this one:
    http://www.citypages.com/news/graphi...-video-8415016
    Last edited by browski234; 07-07-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    He was shot for walking around with an assault rifle?

Sorry, no sympathy.
    it says in the article.. "It was later determined that Noble was unarmed". no gun.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Yeah, um, your whole "guys please don't focus on the black people look at this white one I found that isn't being covered" shitpost kinda flops when you post a story by abcnews...covering it lmao. Not sure why cnn is like your barometer for social narratives or whatever. Probably explains why you think white people are so unfortunate.

Also wow, it's like you didn't even read the story you posted or any details of it outside of finding out he was white and got shot--try re-reading that.

I'm sure you love this one:
    http://www.citypages.com/news/graphi...-video-8415016
    you have a problem of who is covering it?
    search Dylan Noble on google and pick another link.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dylan+Noble
    you're not going to find this in a lot of places, and that is part of my point. he was white, so he doesn't get anywhere near the same coverage/attention.

"It was later determined that Noble was unarmed". no gun.
    isn't that what black people complain about, unarmed, unarmed, unarmed.

black man is shot, major news, outrage, protests.
    white man is shot..

I don't even need to search this to know there are black people and white people shot by the police, but 99% of the time only the black victims make the news.
    I remember the one search I did before, that in 2015 there were more white people shot and killed by police than black people shot and killed by police. shocking to some because only one of those really makes the news.

my point is that some people want to act like this ONLY effects black people. I'm saying no that is not true when white people also get shot by the police. if people want to be angry over the police shootings then don't act like it's only a problem for certain people.

Page 3 of 275 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast