Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 199 of 201 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3001
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/07...ly-ambush.html

Louisiana cop sues Black Lives Matter after being wounded in deadly ambush
    An unnamed Louisiana officer has sued Black Lives Matter and several of the movement’s leaders Friday after last summer’s ambush of law enforcement officers in Baton Rouge.

DeRay Mckesson, a member of the activist movement who has been involved in the Ferguson, Mo. and Baltimore, Md. protests, and four other Black Lives Matter leaders have been named as defendants in the suit. It was filed on behalf of one of the officers wounded in the July 17 attack by Gavin Long, a black military veteran, who killed three other officers in Baton Rouge before he was shot dead.

The suit does not name the officer, but its description of the plaintiff matches that of East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Nicholas Tullier, who has injured during the ambush.

Long shot Tullier in the head, stomach and shoulder, leaving him with brain damage. In December 2016, the 42-year-old father of two emerged from a vegetative state and regained some movement in his body.

The same attorneys who filed Friday’s suit previously sued Black Lives Matter and Mckesson on behalf of a Baton Rouge police officer who was injured last year at a July 9 protest over a deadly police shooting.

“This is quite a world,” Mckesson told reporters on Friday when informed about the lawsuit.

Long, 29, from Kansas City, Mo., was armed with a semi-automatic rifle when he killed three officers and wounded three others outside a convenience store and car wash near Baton Rouge police headquarters.

Long had posted rambling internet videos calling for violence in response to police treatment of African-Americans, which he said constituted as “oppression.” He apparently posted a YouTube video from Dallas on July 10, three days after a sniper killed five officers and wounded nine others there.

Long also left behind a note saying he believed he had to inflict harm “upon bad cops as well as good cops in hopes that the good cops (which are the majority) will be able to stand together and enact justice and punishment against bad cops.”

Long’s attack came two weeks after the fatal police shooting of Alton Sterling, a 37-year-old black man.

Mckesson was arrested in Baton Rouge during a demonstration protesting Sterling’s death on July 9.

Friday’s lawsuit claims Mckesson was “in charge of” a July 9 protest that “turned into a riot.” Mckesson “did nothing to calm the crowd and, instead, he incited the violence” on behalf of Black Lives Matter, the suit alleges.

The suit describes Long as an “activist whose actions followed and mimicked those of” the sniper who killed officers in Dallas days earlier. The suit also claims Black Lives Matter leaders incited others to harm police “in retaliation for the death of black men killed by police” and “all but too late” began to denounce the shootings of police after the Baton Rouge attack.

Mckesson said he has not spoken to his attorney, Billy Gibbens, about the lawsuit. Last month, Gibbens argued that Black Lives Matter cannot be sued because it is a movement not an organization. The federal judge assigned to the suit has not ruled on that case.

just because I post a lot, does not mean it is disruptive

https://youtu.be/bvQSrKDhcaE

Cops shooting at anything and fearing for their lives is growing bolder and bolder, take this case.

A cop shoots a dog who was wagging his tail. Watch the video and tell me the officer feared for his life.

I can't wait to see what cops will perceive as a deadly threat next. Maybe a baby? Maybe a mailman? Maybe a bird? A cat? The possibilities are endless!

Holy hell the slippery slopes that could from a stupid lawsuit like that succeeding and holding up at the highest courts........
    this my sig

The can of worms this could open up is just not worth it, IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://youtu.be/bvQSrKDhcaE

Cops shooting at anything and fearing for their lives is growing bolder and bolder, take this case.

A cop shoots a dog who was wagging his tail. Watch the video and tell me the officer feared for his life.

I can't wait to see what cops will perceive as a deadly threat next. Maybe a baby? Maybe a mailman? Maybe a bird? A cat? The possibilities are endless!
    What the hell do you do with this idiot? Regular citizens get punished all the time for being stupid and making dumb decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

**** that cop. What a joke.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...hy-they-pulled

Florida's first black state attorney asks cops why they pulled her over
    Body camera footage released by the Orlando Police Department last month shows Florida's first and only black state attorney asking police officers why they pulled her over in a traffic stop.

"I am the state attorney," Aramis Ayala told officers, when they asked her what government agency she works for. The footage shows officers returning Ayala's driver's license after running her vehicle's tags.

"Thank you; your tag didn't come back, never seen that before," the officer said. "We're good now. We ran the tag, I've never seen it before with a Florida tag, it didn't come back to anything, so that's the reason for the stop."

Ayala then asked why the officers ran her tags.

"Oh, we run tags through all the time, whether it's a traffic light and that sort of stuff, that's how we figure out if cars are stolen and that sort of thing," the officer said. "Also, the windows are really dark. I don't have a tint measure, but that's another reason for the stop."

The footage ends with the officers writing down their names after Ayala asked if they had business cards.

Ayala confirmed she was pulled over by Orlando police after teaching a class at Florida A&M University Law School.

"To be clear, I violated no laws. The license plate, while confidential was and remains properly registered. The tint was in no way a violation of Florida law," Ayala said in a statement.

She said that although the traffic stop appears to be consistent with Florida law, her goal is to have a "constructive and mutually respectful relationship between law enforcement and the community."

"I look forward to sitting down to have an open dialogue with the Chief of Orlando Police Department regarding how this incident impacts that goal," she said.
    what would she want to accomplish by having an "open dialogue with the Chief of Orlando Police Department"? nothing about this stop was anything wrong. the police often search license plates through their system without the drivers even knowing about it. when they did that with this plate/tag it didn't come back with anything. that is reason enough to stop that driver and see what's going on.
    the officer was respectful, didn't act aggressive or anything like that.
    this is a stop where one could assume she was pulled over for nothing but being black. that is not correct. seeing how it also says in the article the windows of the vehicle were tinted, they might not have even known that she was black.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rch-white-men/

Feminist geographers encourage colleagues not to cite research of white men
    Two feminist geographers are encouraging their colleagues to be more mindful about citing the research of white males because doing so contributes to “the reproduction of white heteromasculinity of geographical thought and scholarship.”

Writing in “Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography,” Carrie Mott and Daniel Cockayne argue that considering an author’s gender, race or sexuality prior to citation can be an effective “feminist and anti-racist technology of resistance that demonstrates engagement with those authors and voices we want to carry forward.”

The authors point out that whether an academic’s research is cited by his peers has significant implications for promotion, tenure and influence. Therefore, to cite only white men “does a disservice to researchers and writers who are othered by white heteromasculinism.”

The authors define “white heteromasculinism” as “an intersectional system of oppression describing on-going processes that bolster the status of those who are white, male, able-bodied, economically privileged, heterosexual, and cisgendered.”

Academics should practice “conscientious engagement” when citing research, the feminists assert, “as a way to self-consciously draw attention to those whose work is being reproduced.”

The article, titled “Citation matters: mobilizing the politics of citation toward a practice of ‘conscientious engagement,’” was first reported by Campus Reform.

Ms. Mott told Campus Reform that “white men tend to be cited in much higher numbers than people from other backgrounds.

“When it is predominantly white, heteronormative males who are cited, this means that the views and knowledge that are represented do not reflect the experience of people from other backgrounds,” she said. “When scholars continue to cite only white men on a given topic, they ignore the broader diversity of voices and researchers that are also doing important work on a that topic.”
    this is stupidity.
    the bottom bolded part could simply be because white is the higher population in America.

just because I post a lot, does not mean it is disruptive

+91-9694102888 Oceania fiji how to black magic for Voodoo ! Witchcraft ! Spirits ! E

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What the hell do you do with this idiot? Regular citizens get punished all the time for being stupid and making dumb decisions.
    That is the problem. It is very hard to get rid of bad cops.

Hey!
    This thread looks interesting and I'm looking for interesting sports fans to let me know their thoughts on athletes as social activists. I'm a PhD student (hence the name) so it would be super helpful if you could take 10 minutes to complete my survey. I promise it is quick and easy. The link is below: (I'm not asking any identifying information - your responses are all confidential)
    https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6QZltUGl0k4oc7P

Super thanks for your help in advance.

Go away.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

https://twitter.com/PamelaGeller/sta...60135864025088

I get Pamela is scum but it's funny how now she cares about police brutality when it's a white woman being killed. It's also funny how suddenly she wants to say the race of the officers and specify that the woman was blonde.

Lmao, give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    https://twitter.com/PamelaGeller/sta...60135864025088

I get Pamela is scum but it's funny how now she cares about police brutality when it's a white woman being killed. It's also funny how suddenly she wants to say the race of the officers and specify that the woman was blonde.

Lmao, give me a break.
    The odd thing about this case (I assume it was the Minneapolis shooting), is that part of town is totally safe, fairly upscale, they turned their body cameras off, and shot a woman talking to the driver.

There are literally no answers to why this happened. Maybe her being white matters, maybe not. But this was a totally unacceptable, unexplained, unreasonable act by the cops.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    The odd thing about this case (I assume it was the Minneapolis shooting), is that part of town is totally safe, fairly upscale, they turned their body cameras off, and shot a woman talking to the driver.

There are literally no answers to why this happened. Maybe her being white matters, maybe not. But this was a totally unacceptable, unexplained, unreasonable act by the cops.
    A lot of shootings by cops are unexplained, unreasonable, and unacceptable. Most of the time their explanation is the ******** line "I feared for my life"

Like I said though, it's just funny how Geller and her supporters in particular speak up on this but have remained silent for all of the other cop killings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    A lot of shootings by cops are unexplained, unreasonable, and unacceptable. Most of the time their explanation is the ******** line "I feared for my life"

Like I said though, it's just funny how Geller and her supporters in particular speak up on this but have remained silent for all of the other cop killings.
    I have no clue who Gellar is. I do know this is blown up in Minneapolis, because of the not guilty verdict the cop got for killing Castile, and the completely non-sensical shooting of this woman.

Each shooting needs to be examined as it's own event, obviously. Many of them make no sense. This is for sure one of them. The entire community is asking why on earth this happened. Just like it did with Castile.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.