Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 427 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    I'm also not interested in trading for Cousins. but to call him a loser, that's your reflection in the mirror. How is he suppose to win if the gm is building a team full of centers? A lot of great players rot in crappy franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    I'm also not interested in trading for Cousins. but to call him a loser, that's your reflection in the mirror. How is he suppose to win if the gm is building a team full of centers? A lot of great players rot in crappy franchises.
    👍🏻. Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    To be fair, the talent he had on the team last year should've been capable of making the playoffs. 33 wins is the most a cousins led team has ever seen. That says a lot. Hell, even Kevin love took a less talented wolves team to 40 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    To be fair, the talent he had on the team last year should've been capable of making the playoffs. 33 wins is the most a cousins led team has ever seen. That says a lot. Hell, even Kevin love took a less talented wolves team to 40 wins.

you know as i study speights, he is more of a poor mans d.cousins...we should try him in LA imo..he would be productive enough to avg 12+ppg, 8rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 1.8 bpg in 27mpg. He can shoot the 3 as well as midrange( very cosistent midrange). Speights has game and would imo step up more on D in a starting role. Especially now that he's a veteran. I want Whiteside though, but Speights is a good mentor for Zubac. Would like both if we could. Just think. Whiteside showing how to block & defend to Zubac while learning offense from Speights. That could lead to Zubac being a star in 2yrs.
    49ers, lakers, sf giants, la kings fan...but im a mountaineer for life..wv to cali...

I saw this and was interested as a back up C. Not sure if it is possible but what do you guys think of a Nick Young + a future 2nd rounder for Taj Gibson to be a backup C. He is in the final year of his deal.

http://www.chatsports.com/nba/a/late...-horford-29677

Quote Originally Posted by parr4 View Post
    I saw this and was interested as a back up C. Not sure if it is possible but what do you guys think of a Nick Young + a future 2nd rounder for Taj Gibson to be a backup C. He is in the final year of his deal.

http://www.chatsports.com/nba/a/late...-horford-29677
    I'd offer Nick+Lou+2nd round picks for Taj in a heartbeat

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Are we really pretending that Nick Young is a tradeable asset again?

Nick Young has two more guaranteed years (2nd year player option), totaling $11.M. Here is a list of all of the teams who are willing to take Nick Young under any circumstances:

[This space intentionally left blank.]

If we made an offer which included Nick Young, the other team would give us MORE to take Nick out of the deal.

The best part, however, is that after Russell blew up Nick's life, we now either have to eat that $11M and get nothing in return just to have some peace, or have those two ****ups on the roster for two years. And every other team in the league knows that, which is yet another reason why Nick is worth nothing.

Cupcake
    “The argument would be that (the Lakers) need some help in the frontcourt right away. So we do feel we need to address the frontcourt, but taking a step back I think we need help everywhere, so I wouldn’t rule out adding a veteran player at any position. In fact, we may be aggressive at a backcourt position even though we have backcourt players. Not because we don’t like the ones we do (have), but because we believe we can get better.”
    k Our hope for a big change.

Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    Are we really pretending that Nick Young is a tradeable asset again?

Nick Young has two more guaranteed years (2nd year player option), totaling $11.M. Here is a list of all of the teams who are willing to take Nick Young under any circumstances:

[This space intentionally left blank.]

If we made an offer which included Nick Young, the other team would give us MORE to take Nick out of the deal.

The best part, however, is that after Russell blew up Nick's life, we now either have to eat that $11M and get nothing in return just to have some peace, or have those two ****ups on the roster for two years. And every other team in the league knows that, which is yet another reason why Nick is worth nothing.
    I may be far, far, far off base here. But I believe that both players being on the roster is a good thing from a sentimental perspective.

Brussell Sprouts is clearly expected to take a leap forward this year. He knows it, the fans know it, the coaches know it. That comes with some pressure. Nick Young being on the roster (and maybe getting useful minutes under Luke?) adds a certain level of discomfort to Sprouts' situation. That uncomfortable feeling in the pit of your stomach knowing you have a perpetual "sworn enemy" of sorts. It adds a very unique dynamic to a 20-yr-old kid's life in the NBA.

If Nick Young were to get traded for nothing or cut, no one wins. Nick becomes a player that will probably never play in the NBA again, D'Angelo becomes the Lakers' childish entitled princess, and management solidifies their characterizations of being weak and predictable. But if - IF! - they were to co-exist, it would be a positive from a psyche angle.

I still truly believe the Lakers are setting themselves up for 2017. The Lakers are going to go hard for Whiteside and Batum/whoever can play the 2/3, and if we suck it up next season meaning being around a bottom 5 team, and we lose our draft pick then expect big changes to be made. I hope we can sign Whiteside at the very least, so we can finally address that center position. Out of all the young players we have the only one I think the Lakers wouldn't trade is Ingram. So what the Lakers should do is in 2017 sign Westbrook and trade any combination or all of either Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Nance, Brown, Zubac, plus picks if need be for Anthony Davis and Buddy Hield.

Westbrook
    Hield
    Ingram
    Davis
    Whiteside

The perfect team.

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCaliFan View Post
    you know as i study speights, he is more of a poor mans d.cousins...we should try him in LA imo..he would be productive enough to avg 12+ppg, 8rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 1.8 bpg in 27mpg. He can shoot the 3 as well as midrange( very cosistent midrange). Speights has game and would imo step up more on D in a starting role. Especially now that he's a veteran. I want Whiteside though, but Speights is a good mentor for Zubac. Would like both if we could. Just think. Whiteside showing how to block & defend to Zubac while learning offense from Speights. That could lead to Zubac being a star in 2yrs.
    Speights is just a very fat, aging jumpshooter. He doesn't play a lick of defense and you couldn't fit a nickel under his feet when he jumps. When he touches the ball it's launched at the hoop like a hot potato every time.

Aside from being very fat, Nick Young already checks all of those boxes for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    I may be far, far, far off base here. But I believe that both players being on the roster is a good thing from a sentimental perspective.

Brussell Sprouts is clearly expected to take a leap forward this year. He knows it, the fans know it, the coaches know it. That comes with some pressure. Nick Young being on the roster (and maybe getting useful minutes under Luke?) adds a certain level of discomfort to Sprouts' situation. That uncomfortable feeling in the pit of your stomach knowing you have a perpetual "sworn enemy" of sorts. It adds a very unique dynamic to a 20-yr-old kid's life in the NBA.

If Nick Young were to get traded for nothing or cut, no one wins. Nick becomes a player that will probably never play in the NBA again, D'Angelo becomes the Lakers' childish entitled princess, and management solidifies their characterizations of being weak and predictable. But if - IF! - they were to co-exist, it would be a positive from a psyche angle.
    I don't dislike the narrative, but it's missing a couple of pieces. First, what about the rest of the locker room? At some point people are either going to choose sides or just check out because of the tension.

For all we know Nick was never really going to marry Iggy anyway, but the breach of trust is never going away. Russell may grow up, but if I'm Nick the only think I'm thinking whenever I'm around him is that I would punch him in the face if I didn't make my living with my hands. (By which I mean signaling '3', not actually playing ball.)

If they're both on the roster I hope they can work it out, but it's going to be a long road. With Russell deemed a core young player and Nick an afterthought on the bench, I just don't think there's any incentive for the rift to heal. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    I still truly believe the Lakers are setting themselves up for 2017. The Lakers are going to go hard for Whiteside and Batum/whoever can play the 2/3, and if we suck it up next season meaning being around a bottom 5 team, and we lose our draft pick then expect big changes to be made. I hope we can sign Whiteside at the very least, so we can finally address that center position. Out of all the young players we have the only one I think the Lakers wouldn't trade is Ingram. So what the Lakers should do is in 2017 sign Westbrook and trade any combination or all of either Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Nance, Brown, Zubac, plus picks if need be for Anthony Davis and Buddy Hield.

Westbrook
    Hield
    Ingram
    Davis
    Whiteside

The perfect team.
    I dont think they are but if they are gearing up for 2017 then they should package Russell and Randle for Cousins. In 2017 you would then have Westbrook, Ingram and Cousins running the show

If it was me I would keep Russell and all the young pieces. This team will he scary good in a few years and most of these players will be under 24 years old

Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    I don't dislike the narrative, but it's missing a couple of pieces. First, what about the rest of the locker room? At some point people are either going to choose sides or just check out because of the tension.

For all we know Nick was never really going to marry Iggy anyway, but the breach of trust is never going away. Russell may grow up, but if I'm Nick the only think I'm thinking whenever I'm around him is that I would punch him in the face if I didn't make my living with my hands. (By which I mean signaling '3', not actually playing ball.)

If they're both on the roster I hope they can work it out, but it's going to be a long road. With Russell deemed a core young player and Nick an afterthought on the bench, I just don't think there's any incentive for the rift to heal. Hope I'm wrong.
    I guess it's just the hopeful fan in me. I recall the stories I've read about the social trepedations that guys like Kobe, Iverson, Jordan, etc. went through during their early years in the league. Truly awkward, resentful commentary left and right.

This Nick Young situation is actually on par with what those guys went through, perhaps even more harmful. From the looks of it, it really just comes down to whether Sprouts is actually a man. Or just a perpetual instagram teen.

They are getting paid millions of $$$. They need to suck it up and be professional about their JOB. Im sure at all of our jobs there are people we down right hate.....but we get the job done and move along cuz we need to get paid and its OUR job.

On a side note, it cracks me up and is a bit sad that today's society is more pissed at Russel that he broke "bro code" than they are at Swaggy for cheating?!?!?!?!?

Page 5 of 427 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast