Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 389 of 399 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 5981
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I've said this before but I'll say it again, I'm really comfortable having Pelinka as our GM. He was a wolf agent before this so he knows all the tricks to the trade. Ain't no agent gonna pull a fast one on him. Seeing/listening to him I want to call him Triple C's (cool, calm, collective). Totally opposite of Magic.

Magic is like a plastic bag floating in the wind. He's all over the place. Without Pelinka I think Magic would run the franchise into the ground on some get rich quick scam. Very impulsive.

Signing LBJ this summer is going all in. There's no time to further let the young core develop. You know what I see if we were to sign LBJ, I see Ingram and Deng going to Toronto for DeRozan or Ball and Deng going to Memphis for Conley. Something like that I guarantee will happen.

Our Lakers is gonna be left a mess after LBJ leaves.
    Please do not mention DeRozan's name in here, that guy is a dud

Thursday and Friday are key days as this is when the ground work is layed down for potential trades, draft pick trades etc...

MAKE LAKERS GRRST AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M.L.G.A. View Post
    I don't want them to draft a point guard this year. That position has the steepest, hardest learning curve out of all 5 positions...this is a fact and not an opinion.

And since the Lakers already have a young point guard already trying to learn the ropes, adding a veteran point guard to 1. Not only provide leadership in the locker room, 2. Provide tips/mentor Zo, 3. Provide the bench with some structure will bode the best for the squad...
    We all want the same thing but there arent alot of vets available for this years' FA class.

Can't imagine Rajon Rondo and Tony Parker being a Laker, Isaiah Thomas is done.. leaves you with Devin Harris. Maybe him but at 35? can't offer him anything but the vets min. TBH, I think Lonzo's game is more mature than most of the NBA vet pgs that are available.

Point is, if we're giving 1 max slot to Paul George, the other max slot for a 1 year deal (Brook Lopez as the likely choice), and go over the cap to resign Julius Randle.... there won't be enough money to get anybody else for the point guard position.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 05-16-2018 at 02:06 AM.

I've said this before but I'll say it again, I'm really comfortable having Pelinka as our GM. He was a wolf agent before this so he knows all the tricks to the trade. Ain't no agent gonna pull a fast one on him. Seeing/listening to him I want to call him Triple C's (cool, calm, collective). Totally opposite of Magic.

Magic is like a plastic bag floating in the wind. He's all over the place. Without Pelinka I think Magic would run the franchise into the ground on some get rich quick scam. Very impulsive.

Signing LBJ this summer is going all in. There's no time to further let the young core develop. You know what I see if we were to sign LBJ, I see Ingram and Deng going to Toronto for DeRozan or Ball and Deng going to Memphis for Conley. Something like that I guarantee will happen.

Our Lakers is gonna be left a mess after LBJ leaves.
    That's in a couple of years. 2021 tops. After we get decimated by a new western powerhouse.

Back to ground zero.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Agreed for the most part. Idk if those will be the trades, but I do think one of lonzo/ingram will be on the way out if lebron is signed. Hey, maybe the lakers prefer it that way anyway. Sign LeBron and trade Ingram for your favorite crackhead

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    If we were to sign both LBJ and PG I think the percentages of the Spurs trading KL to the Lakers is a very solid 0%. Unless they got Ingram, Kuzma and probably Hart. I don't think Pelinka would go for it.

I don't see them doing absolutely nothing though. They panic and will do something.

Oh yeah, and as far as trading Ingram for my favorite crackhead, I don't think Odom can play anymore.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 05-16-2018 at 04:01 AM.

If we were to sign both LBJ and PG I think the percentages of the Spurs trading KL to the Lakers is a very solid 0%. Unless they got Ingram, Kuzma and probably Hart. I don't think Pelinka would go for it.

I don't see them doing absolutely nothing though. They panic and will do something.

Oh yeah, and as far as trading Ingram for my favorite crackhead, I don't think Odom can play anymore.
    Maginka doesnt seem like they are gonna make any panic moves... like even if they whiff on bron/pg13/ boogie*if they even bother at all...

I mean they already walked it back like a mofkc arpund the deadline sayin ohhh well we might just go for 1 guy or this summer 1 next etc...

I don't think they'll do any deals that just killa their flexibility(gawd they love using this word in referring to the cap haha) going forward.

The only thing I could see *panic move wise* is if they whiff hard and fast and julius gets a full max offer them matching it. (Which could prove good or bad We'll see)

Lol. Who's your top 5 crackheads in nba history? We should make a new thread about this. Lol

I got in no particular order

Kawhi
    Lamar
    Shawn Kemp
    Birdman
    David Thompson

Last edited by jaydubb; 05-16-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    Maginka doesnt seem like they are gonna make any panic moves... like even if they whiff on bron/pg13/ boogie*if they even bother at all...

I mean they already walked it back like a mofkc arpund the deadline sayin ohhh well we might just go for 1 guy or this summer 1 next etc...

I don't think they'll do any deals that just killa their flexibility(gawd they love using this word in referring to the cap haha) going forward.

The only thing I could see *panic move wise* is if they whiff hard and fast and julius gets a full max offer them matching it. (Which could prove good or bad We'll see)
    I'm confident in Rob Pelinka. I think he's the real brains of the operation. The real question should be, will magic over rule Pelinka on some things? Magic is a business man, so he likely knows that he's got to deligate a lot of responsibility and trust that others will do their job effectively, so I don't think he will. Who knows though, we will see.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post

Without LBJ I agree that the Lakers FO won't do any panic moves. When I say they will make a panic move it's only if we have LBJ. You have to. You have a very small window at a championship and you have to get past GS.

Every single year LBJ would be in LA they would have to play 1 season at a time. Go for it all that season. If not then why even bother bringing in LBJ. You can't build around him anymore thinking about the future.

There's no waiting another year so our young players can get more experience. That makes absolutely no sense if LBJ is on your team. If he ain't ready then we need to get someone who is ready.

The first player I see gone is Ball if he can't hit open shots or free throws. I don't want to lose Ball for a 2-3 year championship window that would barely be open. As of right now I really see GS moving Klay cause they would still dominate. If we were to get LBJ & PG and then look into getting more players I don't think GS moves Klay so we would have to go up against that machine in GS. At full force no one is beating GS the next couple of years.

I don't see us being able to put a team together that could beat them. We sign both LBJ & PG and then what? We do that and SA offers the supermax to KL so there went KL. NO offers the supermax to Davis so there went him.

This is where the panic move comes in. This is where we give up Ball for the likes of Conley or Lowry. This is where we give up Ingram for the likes of DeRozan or Gasol or Drummond.

LBJ signing with us will have a domino effect on the rest of the league. Nobody wants to lose but nobody especially wants to lose to the Lakers. Also no team wants to be the one who traded with us to put us over the top. They would absolutely have to rape us in order to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Lol. Who's your top 5 crackheads in nba history? We should make a new thread about this. Lol

I got in no particular order

Kawhi
    Lamar
    Shawn Kemp
    Birdman
    David Thompson

Michael Ray Richardson

Mookie Blaylock

Can't tell me you guys think weed is what gots Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley all ****ed up

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    We all want the same thing but there arent alot of vets available for this years' FA class.

Can't imagine Rajon Rondo and Tony Parker being a Laker, Isaiah Thomas is done.. leaves you with Devin Harris. Maybe him but at 35? can't offer him anything but the vets min. TBH, I think Lonzo's game is more mature than most of the NBA vet pgs that are available.

Point is, if we're giving 1 max slot to Paul George, the other max slot for a 1 year deal (Brook Lopez as the likely choice), and go over the cap to resign Julius Randle.... there won't be enough money to get anybody else for the point guard position.
    Fair point

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Please do not mention DeRozan's name in here, that guy is a dud
    We dodged sooooo many bullets when guys like Dwight, Melo, DeRozan, Monroe, etc passed on us in FA. Would've been in NBA purgatory, too good to suck for top talent, not good enough to win a round or maybe even make the playoffs smh
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Can't tell me you guys think weed is what gots Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley all ****ed up
    Does Brandon ingram make the list or was he just born with those eyes

Your baby can't do this