Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 388 of 399 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 5981
    Talk of LBJ to LA had really quieted down (thank gawd) while signing PG and re-signing Randle and saving space for 2019 has still stayed the same (which I'm 100% behind), looks like 1 year rentals is the route we're gonna take.

I'm not big on 1 year rentals just for the sake of filling cap space with players that aren't in the teams future plans. I'd rather use the cap space to benefit the team in the future. Here's a couple of ideas with a kicker at the end....

Trade #1 - It has been reported that Washington might end up having to give up a pick to unload a contract. They are one of the few teams having to pay luxury tax this season and are currently already over the LT next season. They will be facing a repeaters penalty if they don't lower payroll. Just giving up a draft pick to dump salary is tough so what I'd try to do is offer to take Gortat off their hands for a 1st round swap of picks. We'd move up to 15 and them dropping to 25. Center is a position of need anyways.

Trade #2 - It has been reported that Denver will be looking to dump salary to max out Jokic and re-sign Barton. I'd offer to take Arthur off their hands for both their 2nd round picks (43 & 58). Pretty much the same way we took Calderon off Chicago's hands for two 2nds. This would help us to move up in the draft by packaging 2nd round picks.

Both players are expiring so they won't cut into the saving cap for 2019 plan. We still have cap to max PG and re-sign Randle.

Here's the kicker, if we really gonna go for the 2019 plan we have to dump Deng. We could moSt likely do it with the 15 pick if we choose to, 15 pick and Deng to Brooklyn for Carroll would get it done. I would hold off on this though.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 05-15-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Talk of LBJ to LA had really quieted down (thank gawd) while signing PG and re-signing Randle and saving space for 2019 has still stayed the same (which I'm 100% behind), looks like 1 year rentals is the route we're gonna take.

I'm not big on 1 year rentals just for the sake of filling cap space with players that aren't in the teams future plans. I'd rather use the cap space to benefit the team in the future. Here's a couple of ideas with a kicker at the end....

Trade #1 - It has been reported that Washington might end up having to give up a pick to unload a contract. They are one of the few teams having to pay luxury tax this season and are currently already over the LT next season. They will be facing a repeaters penalty if they don't lower payroll. Just giving up a draft pick to dump salary is tough so what I'd try to do is offer to take Gortat off their hands for a 1st round swap of picks. We'd move up to 15 and them dropping to 25. Center is a position of need anyways.

Trade #2 - It has been reported that Denver will be looking to dump salary to max out Jokic and re-sign Barton. I'd offer to take Arthur off their hands for both their 2nd round picks (43 & 58). Pretty much the same way we took Calderon off Chicago's hands for two 2nds. This would help us to move up in the draft by packaging 2nd round picks.

Both players are expiring so they won't cut into the saving cap for 2019 plan. We still have cap to max PG and re-sign Randle.

Here's the kicker, if we really gonna go for the 2019 plan we have to dump Deng. We could moSt likely do it with the 15 pick if we choose to, 15 pick and Deng to Brooklyn for Carroll would get it done. I would hold off on this though.
    I agree with this except for trading a pick and Deng this off-season. If the Lakers can't land Kawhi in a trade and want to wait it out to see if they can get Klay or Kawhi in 2019 then this is the route to go. If they can take on some 1 year contracts and get a couple extra picks that is the best way to do it. Once they start signing all these "max" guys and re-signing our good young players, they will need a lot of cheap talent. 1st and 2nd round picks are relatively cheap if they are outside the lottery.

I like the idea of moving up in the draft. Coincidentally, the player I like is currently predicted to go at #15 to Washington (draft.net) ......Mitchell Robinson. It's risky but the talent is there.

Gortat bugs the **** out of me, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I agree with this except for trading a pick and Deng this off-season. If the Lakers can't land Kawhi in a trade and want to wait it out to see if they can get Klay or Kawhi in 2019 then this is the route to go. If they can take on some 1 year contracts and get a couple extra picks that is the best way to do it. Once they start signing all these "max" guys and re-signing our good young players, they will need a lot of cheap talent. 1st and 2nd round picks are relatively cheap if they are outside the lottery.
    I wouldn't do the final trade either. That would be a clear statement trade to both GS & SA that we already have the cap space in 2019 to sign either Klay or KL. Don't need to trade for him. I think taking on clear 1 year rentals is statement enough.

I really like both these trades and believe they're both realistic. Washington dumps $13.5 million, gets under the LT, avoids repeat offender penalties and gets the assuredly friction between Gortat & Wall out of the locker room and all's they give up is moving down 10 spots in the draft. If we're sticking to the Klay or KL plan we need 1 year rentals, why not get one that fills an obvious hole and move up in the draft too.

Denver is another team facing having to pay LT. Teams are trying to avoid paying LT as long as possible. Sure having to pay extra sucks but every year a team is over the LT for consecutive years the penalties get stiffer and stiffer. This Denver trade isn't a game changer but it would help get better prospects. We could even package them to get 1 pick in the 30s. Arthur ain't about nothing, he'll just be on the roster until the TD in case we need an expiring salary filler for another trade down the line.

I really don't see the point of just signing 1 year rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    I like the idea of moving up in the draft. Coincidentally, the player I like is currently predicted to go at #15 to Washington (draft.net) ......Mitchell Robinson. It's risky but the talent is there.

Gortat bugs the **** out of me, tho.
    I was looking for your post earlier, the one when you and Rob (since you call him Rob) were scheming behind Magics back on a plan. Well I was hoping you could relay this plan to Rob for me. He doesn't answer my calls anymore. And he told me to call him Mr Pelinka.

LOL @ Mitchell Robinson. I don't know but when a players scouting report says he doesn't really know how to play basketball, that makes me think of Stromile Swift.

I was looking for your post earlier, the one when you and Rob (since you call him Rob) were scheming behind Magics back on a plan. Well I was hoping you could relay this plan to Rob for me. He doesn't answer my calls anymore. And he told me to call him Mr Pelinka.

LOL @ Mitchell Robinson. I don't know but when a players scouting report says he doesn't really know how to play basketball, that makes me think of Stromile Swift.
    Haha....don't worry. I already let him know. You'll be happy to know that he likes your ideas much better than Mave's.

Mitchell's stock has risen about 8 spots in the last couple of months. Like I said, it would be risky, but at 7'1" with heaps of athleticism and potential, he could be a steal. Regardless, the Lakers will do their due diligence.

I feel the same about Mitchell Robinson. At first he sounds like a decent prospect, but he sounds like a dumbass.. Literally.. Several scouts point out that he doesn't really know how to play basketball

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

I think Carmelo Anthony will be a Laker next season. Yep, Carmelo Anthony, next season.

Why? -

OKC are gearing up to lose Paul George by all reports and also for Carmelo Anthony to opt in, and why wouldnít he?- No-one will pay him big money anymore. OKC conversely donít want Melo anymore or his 28M contract as he and Russ just donít work on the court together and the relationship with Melo is now getting acidic due to this benching scenario. OKC also need to move forward, but have no assets to do so, and will be paying LT which they donít want to do, never have. Melo though has a no-trade clause still and though he wants to play, he wonít play for just anyone. Looks like heíll be playing limited minutes in OKC for a ton of cash, right?

Not necessarily.

Iíll start with Magic and the Lakers FO, who are huge Melo fans and have been looking to trade for him for years, including last year. Melo, good or bad, is a money maker, heís also blindly regarded by the FO as still an All-Star caliber player. Heís also now on a player option one year contract - hmmm!

TRADE: Anthony/Singler for Deng/Cavs Pick.

OKC
    - Moves Anthony (and Singler money).
    - Gets them under the LT threshold (even with Deng).
    - Gets them a 1st round pick.

LAL
    - Gets Anthony.
    - Moves Deng contract.
    - Allows flexibility to sign a 2018 FA and be/remain flexible for 2019 FA or re-sign Anthony if he works out.
    - Adds a talented vet, who is not duplicitous and takes the pressure off the youth.
    - provides an additional attraction for other FAís.

It would though for good/bad seriously attract LeBron as these two are very good friends and have post-career alignments. LBJ could easily advocate a trade for Carmelo to secure his signature. Just saying.

...and for what itís worth, well, CP3 is a FA too.
    Last edited by DownUnder; 05-15-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Not of Brunson but of the potential of a Hart/Brunson synergy and what they can bring off the bench + Kyle Kuzma.
    I don't want them to draft a point guard this year. That position has the steepest, hardest learning curve out of all 5 positions...this is a fact and not an opinion.

And since the Lakers already have a young point guard already trying to learn the ropes, adding a veteran point guard to 1. Not only provide leadership in the locker room, 2. Provide tips/mentor Zo, 3. Provide the bench with some structure will bode the best for the squad...

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    I think Carmelo Anthony will be a Laker next season. Yep, Carmelo Anthony, next season.

Why? -

OKC are gearing up to lose Paul George by all reports and also for Carmelo Anthony to opt in, and why wouldnít he?- No-one will pay him big money anymore. OKC conversely donít want Melo anymore or his 28M contract as he and Russ just donít work on the court together and the relationship with Melo is now getting acidic due to this benching scenario. OKC also need to move forward, but have no assets to do so, and will be paying LT which they donít want to do, never have. Melo though has a no-trade clause still and though he wants to play, he wonít play for just anyone. Looks like heíll be playing limited minutes in OKC for a ton of cash, right?

Not necessarily.

Iíll start with Magic and the Lakers FO, who are huge Melo fans and have been looking to trade for him for years, including last year. Melo, good or bad, is a money maker, heís also blindly regarded by the FO as still an All-Star caliber player. Heís also now on a player option one year contract - hmmm!

OKC

LAL
    - Gets Anthony.
    - Moves Deng contract.
    - Allows flexibility to sign a 2018 FA and be/remain flexible for 2019 FA or re-sign Anthony if he works out.
    - Adds a talented vet, who is not duplicitous and takes the pressure off the youth.

It would though for good/bad seriously attract LeBron as these two are very good friends and have post-career alignments. LBJ could easily advocate a trade for Carmelo to secure his signature. Just saying.

The reasons you provide for both teams, especially for the Thunder, are valid (don't forget this trade would get them in the draft this year as they do not own their pick)...HOWEVER.....lol....

I don't want Melo to **** up the great locker room chemistry that the young squad have going on 2. He said he would not come off the bench, 3. Let's say he does come off the bench, it'll ruin the growth/take shots away from Kuz 4 disrupt the passing chemistry that both the starting 5 and the bench mob currently have...

With that said.....they could do what the Bulls did with Wade and cut him after, avoiding him disrupting the locker room all together (although they would be liable for the full year salary, it would be offset by any salary paid by the team picking him up, so maybe liable for $23 out of the $28M, but more importantly, gets them free of long term contracts and frees up hella cap for next summer....

my verdict....I AM DOWN AS LONG AS THEY CUT HIM!!! lol

MAKE LAKERS GREAT AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I absolutely agree too. I've been saying basically that for months. People want to go all in now though. No patience.

I've said this before but I'll say it again, I'm really comfortable having Pelinka as our GM. He was a wolf agent before this so he knows all the tricks to the trade. Ain't no agent gonna pull a fast one on him. Seeing/listening to him I want to call him Triple C's (cool, calm, collective). Totally opposite of Magic.

Magic is like a plastic bag floating in the wind. He's all over the place. Without Pelinka I think Magic would run the franchise into the ground on some get rich quick scam. Very impulsive.

Signing LBJ this summer is going all in. There's no time to further let the young core develop. You know what I see if we were to sign LBJ, I see Ingram and Deng going to Toronto for DeRozan or Ball and Deng going to Memphis for Conley. Something like that I guarantee will happen.

Our Lakers is gonna be left a mess after LBJ leaves.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post

Why? -

Not necessarily.

OKC

LAL
    - Gets Anthony.
    - Moves Deng contract.

Funny thing is, I think Deng would have been a better played for the Thunder last season if he was swapped with Melo. I still think he can play and give you solid production on both ends of the floor strictly as a PF. Obviously he'll never give you the production of an 18m player of course..

If we got Melo I would just buy him out, he's terrible. He refuses to come off the bench, jacks up ISO shots and doesn't play D. Those minutes could go to a young player who could be a part of our future.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

I've said this before but I'll say it again, I'm really comfortable having Pelinka as our GM. He was a wolf agent before this so he knows all the tricks to the trade. Ain't no agent gonna pull a fast one on him. Seeing/listening to him I want to call him Triple C's (cool, calm, collective). Totally opposite of Magic.

Magic is like a plastic bag floating in the wind. He's all over the place. Without Pelinka I think Magic would run the franchise into the ground on some get rich quick scam. Very impulsive.

Signing LBJ this summer is going all in. There's no time to further let the young core develop. You know what I see if we were to sign LBJ, I see Ingram and Deng going to Toronto for DeRozan or Ball and Deng going to Memphis for Conley. Something like that I guarantee will happen.

Our Lakers is gonna be left a mess after LBJ leaves.
    Agreed for the most part. Idk if those will be the trades, but I do think one of lonzo/ingram will be on the way out if lebron is signed. Hey, maybe the lakers prefer it that way anyway. Sign LeBron and trade Ingram for your favorite crackhead

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Funny thing is, I think Deng would have been a better played for the Thunder last season if he was swapped with Melo. I still think he can play and give you solid production on both ends of the floor strictly as a PF. Obviously he'll never give you the production of an 18m player of course..

If we got Melo I would just buy him out, he's terrible. He refuses to come off the bench, jacks up ISO shots and doesn't play D. Those minutes could go to a young player who could be a part of our future.
    I think the same of deng as well actually. I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be. His contract is absolutely hideous, but he can still give some decent minutes imo. I also think the same of Melo.. I'd buy him out immediately if that happened.. I don't want him anywhere near the lakers or especially the young kids

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post

I agree, melos role with that team would have been easily replicated, he didn't bring anything to the table, don't forget his defense or lact there of....

I do like the idea of trading Deng for Melo, however I think timing is crucial in when this would happen:

If they don't end up using all the cap space in July, then make the trade immediately. I think Lakers would have to add a few jobbers to match salaries ($18M vs $28M, unless it works bc Lakers have cap space).

If they do sign PG and LeBron, then make this trade in Feb, so that Lakers only have to foot half the bill, can release him and offset his future salary for that year against the cap.

Lakers should NoT make that trade before July as it will eat into the free cap space..

I'm liking this option more and more AS LONG AS THEY CUT HIM SUBSEQUENTLY!!!